Code of Conduct

Default Should Givenchy relaunch Insense?

Hey Guys:

Just got done reviewing Givenchy Insense from 1993. I don't think it did real well, since
    maybe the masses weren't quite ready for a masculine floral, but now, 17 years later, I
    think the scent could build a following. IMO, this would work well for someone that found Kenzo Power too sweet and citrusy.

Default Re: Should Givenchy relaunch Insense?

Insensé is a fantastic frag, and ahead of its time. I'd love to see it get a relaunch.

They already relaunched it a few years ago as part of their "Mythical" line...

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Hey Guys:

Just got done reviewing Givenchy Insense from 1993. I don't think it did real well, since
    maybe the masses weren't quite ready for a masculine floral, but now, 17 years later, I
    think the scent could build a following. IMO, this would work well for someone that found Kenzo Power too sweet and citrusy.
    Insense is back! - according to a 5* review in The Perfume by Turin/Sanchez. But I think he's wrong. The Insense that I have is from a former batch, may be the first from about 80ties, the second from the 90ies? Both smell equivalent.

The floral tag is completely misleading in my opinion. Insense is about aldehydes, tamed green, dry, spicey, woody, salty - read pristine (male) sweat plus something calming, pleasant. It works perfectly on hot days as a genuine Frensh fragrance. Mmh, a Ginvenchy-3 for men? Very good as "the third man" to an opulent diner. Can be worn a night out too. Alas, for a meeting it will appear as to easy, go figure! It's the most practical fragrance I have, and the only one of which a backup is stocked.

I think Givenchy reissued it in the mythical series. The Givenchy-3 from that was quite good, but the basenotes (other day) a bit simple and lifeless.

Hard to say. I must admit to thnking "Yuk" the first times I sampled Insense over about a two year period. Eventually I got it cheap and thought it pretty good in the wearing.

I have liked a bit the newer similar all-floral type scents like Kenzo Power and Fleur du Male (though I haven't bought them either) and I'm not sure if I have liked them because I got used to Insense, or if I would have liked them regardless.

I'm not sure Insense would now be a success.
    Remember Insense Ultramarine? - I still think it's one of the most oceanic smelling scents out there, but I don't think it did so well, people even preferring the much weaker Erolfa or Nautica to it.
    Renato

DeepSilence

NO.
    I think it's nothing! have you try before Rosewater! It's this! in my country when people want kid a perfume, they say: it smells Rosewater(cheap and worthless). I don't want to kid it. It's really Rosewater + Lemon(in top) !!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    They already relaunched it a few years ago as part of their "Mythical" line...
    True! I was about to say the same thing.

I have a vintage bottle, and I love it,
    a dry floral for men, it dosn't get much
    rarer than that!

Post Re: Should Givenchy relaunch Insense?

Definately. Insense is ahead of its time, now that Dior's Homme is accepted as a male fragrance - Insense will no doubt be more successful. It was launched at a time when Polo reigns supreme, back then a man needs guts to wear something like this.

I was given a sample bottle of it from a pen-pal in Italy when I was 16. She sent samples to me monthly (I was doing decant exchange long before you guys ) I remember I left the thin sample bottle on a pine-wood shelve and I accidentally broke it - the perfume was absorbed into the pine-wood and stays there for months. It would be great to smell this scent again, it will be a trip down memory lane...

I am getting a sample of this soon and am excited. I've wanted to try this one FOREVER. Hope it turns out to be decent !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I would love to give Insense another try. I had it when it first came out, how and why I don't quite remember...but I chickened out! I gave my bottle away. Now, being older and wiser and more confident, hells-yeah! Bring it on!