Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Tommy Hilfiger Loud

From nstperfume.com:

Tommy Hilfiger will launch Loud, a new duo of fragrances “built around a music proposition and aimed at Gen-Y users”; Loud For Her and Loud For Him also tie into Hilfiger’s Get Loud denim campaign. British rock group The Ting Tings created the theme song, We’re Not The Same, and reportedly had input into the fragrance development.

Perfumers Aurelien Guichard and Yann Vasnier created the patchouli and rose-focused fragrances; Loud For Her also includes lychee.

Tommy Hilfiger Loud For Her and Loud For Him will launch in October but will not appear in the US until Spring 2011.

Tommy Hilfiger Loud For Her and Loud For Him will be available in 25, 40 and 75 ml.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Tommy Hilfiger Loud

For a minute there, I thought Tommy jumped on the Oud bandwagon.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Varvatos should be flattered by the imitation. He did it first!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    For a minute there, I thought Tommy jumped on the Oud bandwagon.
    +1
    i thought it will be lOud not Loud ;/
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

I tried this today in Dublin. It went on sale in Boots stores in the UK and Ireland as of today.

It's not a million miles from Paco Rabanne $1m for men. The rose is fairly prominent, but there's a slight smokiness there too, or maybe that's the patchouli. It's like a cross between $1m and Kenzo Power. Quite floral, but has more rose and is sweeter than Kenzo Power. In its drydown, it goes through a phase of smelling quite like Black XS for men for a whiile too.

It's actually not bad at all. I find it difficult to be harsh about a mens fragrance that uses rose as much as this one does. It's really quite feminine, which is slightly surprising. It's not as overpowering and cloying as $1m, so for people who like that one but feel it's maybe a but much for daytime/office wear, this may be right up your street.

Sillage seemed fairly low on this one, in that it doesn't project a lot, but its longevity as a skin scent is high. I can still smell it clearly on my skin 6 hours later. So no, it isn't very "loud" at all.

Overall, it's a little synthetic and timid, but I actually like it a LOT more than I expected to.

I tried this again at lunchtime today and God help me, but I really, really like it. :-S

I have never found a TH I like, but this one sounds interesting. Rose and tobacco seems like a nice combination, and if the patchouli isn't too loud I think I might like this. So how's the tobacco note? Dry? Wet? In the background? Smooth? Sharp?

Has anyone seen this in the US? It's not on TH's US website.

Not loud at all...

Tried it in Europe and didn't care much for it.

Basenotes Institution

Oddly I haven't seen this on shelves here at all in the US. But when I google it, I see it being sold at fragrancenet.com. What's up with that?

I agree with riverwide - a designer release featuring a prominent rose top note is good news. Still rose/patchouli is so 'done' IMO.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Don't let the notes fool you mike, this have 0 projection and 0 longevity. I tried it a few times and i can't tell what it smells like.

Last edited by eric; 12th July 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Oh I'm going to this with zero expectations. The only TG fragrance that I've ever warmed to is Tommy Girl.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Loud is one of the best mens mass market releases of the last year, and a big surprise at the same time. I love how they implanted rose into the masculine fragrance - the flower here is notable, sounds like rose in Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. But here it is wonderfully surrounded by patchouli and woody notes, which make the scent powdery in a masculine way.
    So I can't understand 2 things:
    1) why did they produce such beautiful, sophisticated and really unique fragrance under this cheap concept?
    2) why did they name the scent "Loud"? It is everything, but loud. The fragrance is powdery, subtle and stays close to skin. But, fortunately, it has very good longevity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Loud is one of the best mens mass market releases of the last year, and a big surprise at the same time. I love how they implanted rose into the masculine fragrance - the flower here is notable, sounds like rose in Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. But here it is wonderfully surrounded by patchouli and woody notes, which make the scent powdery in a masculine way.
    So I can't understand 2 things:
    1) why did they produce such beautiful, sophisticated and really unique fragrance under this cheap concept?
    2) why did they name the scent "Loud"? It is everything, but loud. The fragrance is powdery, subtle and stays close to skin. But, fortunately, it has very good longevity.
    Well, it sounds quite interesting. And I agree with your questions.

Perhaps they thought that a men's rose was sufficiently counterculture in the mainstream market, that it would go along with the concept of a music-oriented fragrance.

Fascinating - that's for sure. I do want to smell it. Sounds like a sk8r-boy Égoïste.

The US has had enough of Tommy Hilfiger let him stay in Europe along with his crappy fragrances.

Sur la Plage

I have only seen it in Duty Free stores.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The US has had enough of Tommy Hilfiger let him stay in Europe along with his crappy fragrances.
    We don't want him, have him back or we will put him on a slow boat to China. See if they will have him.lol

One thing this is not, is loud...

It’s probably as loud as the drab grey suits of the executives who calculatingly conceived it…

theres a documentary series called perfume which has a segment about the making/marketing of this scent, which is VERY revealing (Tommy Hilfigers input, as expected, was one 30 minute meeting which he was 15 minutes late for) It is quite hilarious watching the team's optimism and confidence, knowing how it all turned out. Bottles of Loud 9him and her0 are in all the discount stores in the UK at the moment, I like it but I wouldnt buy it, its kind of pleasantly generic. The links to the you tube clips are on now smell this, or the bbc channel 5 website if you in UK (youtube clip is blocked for here)

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    theres a documentary series called perfume which has a segment about the making/marketing of this scent, which is VERY revealing (Tommy Hilfigers input, as expected, was one 30 minute meeting which he was 15 minutes late for) It is quite hilarious watching the team's optimism and confidence, knowing how it all turned out. Bottles of Loud 9him and her0 are in all the discount stores in the UK at the moment, I like it but I wouldnt buy it, its kind of pleasantly generic. The links to the you tube clips are on now smell this, or the bbc channel 5 website if you in UK (youtube clip is blocked for here)
    'Group Hug!

I never saw it when it was "the next big thing"! I never heard of it until I saw the documentary.

It can't be that LOUD!

im eagerly awaiting this one...i actually thought the BBC documentary was great and very insightful. It gave a rare look into the fragrance industry. also ..Tommy has had many awesome fragrances..T for Men was my signature scent for years.... there was nothing that smelled like it when it came out ten years ago. Tommy is nostalgic and til this day Tommy girl and tommy Boy are still big sellers