Code of Conduct

Default [HELP] Madame Rochas - which version is this bottle?

Hi everyone!

I have a bottle of madame rochas, but i don't know if it is the first version or the second one, launched in 1989.
    The scent doesn't match with the 1989 description, that seems to be more floral. My Madame rochas is more chypre and aldeidic, and if there are flower there, it seem that they are more like dry flowers. I'd like to be sure that my madame is the first version, but it's the only one that i have tried.

Can someone knows, just looking at the bottle, if it is the first or second version?

A pic of my bottle:

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos...7XYjte3mMd.jpg

Default Re: [HELP] Madame Rochas - which version is this bottle?

My mum wore Madame Rochas in the 70s early 80s and it wasn't that bottle. The shape of your bottle match Byzance but it is clear and not blue. And the only bottle I have seen it is the tall one the same as the one my mum had. Sorry no help I know.
    DONNA

Mystère de Rochas came in that same bottle at one point, and it's been discontinued for a while. I'd guess that these round bottles came out at about the same time (probably mid-'80s as Mystère was discontinued by the early '90s, as far as I know) so without knowing exactly when Madame Rochas was reformulated, I'd say that it's the older formulation.

And if I recall, Lumière also came in that round bottle at one point, so I'd imagine all Rochas fragrances did. It's got to be the older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Mystère de Rochas came in that same bottle at one point, and it's been discontinued for a while. I'd guess that these round bottles came out at about the same time (probably mid-'80s as Mystère was discontinued by the early '90s, as far as I know) so without knowing exactly when Madame Rochas was reformulated, I'd say that it's the older formulation.

And if I recall, Lumière also came in that round bottle at one point, so I'd imagine all Rochas fragrances did. It's got to be the older stuff.
    Evangeline, I have a Mystere and a Rochas Femme at the same bottle too:
    Femme:
    http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos...6PjgBff8W1.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos...KhXCNCzlJP.jpg

I was just wondering if my madame rochas is the first version, launched in 1960, or the second one, launched in 1989. Mine is not so much floral, is more like an earthy aldeidic chypre.

I'm only familiar with the original formulation, and I'd describe it as an aldehydic floral so that might not be much help, but I think these bottles came out before any reformulation. To the best of my knowledge, the bottle Madame Rochas is currently in is the only bottle it's been offered in since 1989. And since Mystère has been discontinued for about that long it's unlikely that it would be from anytime much beyond '89.

But I'm no expert so I'll be watching this thread to see what other information comes up. Was it actually relaunched, or just reformulated?

This is the verison I remember my mother had in the 70's, infact the only one I know. It was actually a dab bottle. I remember her version was quite aldehydic and then floral.

So I agree that mid eighties for your one. Only ever seen Femme in the May West bottle.
    Was Madame Rochas reformulated in 1989? I do know Femme was and hate that version but was Madam Rochas done the same year?
    DONNA

Donna, at basenotes database there`s an entry for a new madame rochas, launched the same year as Femme. So i assumed that at 1989 madame rochas was also reformulated. At my skin my madame rochas is bright aldeidic, with mossy undertones and just a hint of flowers (or maybe the flowers are so well blended or aren`t the type of flowers that i would expect on a vintage fragrance).
    I understand that there are three rochas versions for their fragrances? the version before 1989, the version launched after that and the recent ones, that I only presume that must be also reformulated and simpler than the last ones.
    Hope that my bottles are really the first version
    I wore madame rochas yesterday, and i found it quite shareable and a great aldeidic fragrance that doesn`t have anything powdery. Classy, elegant, and easy to wear. What a shame they didn`t keep it as it was...

Hi Rick,

Well, a press advertisement from 1962 here depicts the more known flacon, which I believe was the first version.
    Whilst I cant date yours, I do think its possibly 70s/80s, so this would suggest to me that yours is a unique flacon for the original scent. Then again, it is possible that the original MR might have been reformulated over the decades between its creation and the "new" 1989 version. Who knows...?

EDITED TO ADD: Oh, and to further confuse things, the "modern" version is also packaged in the "original" flacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Hi Rick,

Well, a press advertisement from 1962 here depicts the more known flacon, which I believe was the first version.
    Whilst I cant date yours, I do think its possibly 70s/80s, so this would suggest to me that yours is a unique flacon for the original scent. Then again, it is possible that the original MR might have been reformulated over the decades between its creation and the "new" 1989 version. Who knows...?

EDITED TO ADD: Oh, and to further confuse things, the "modern" version is also packaged in the "original" flacon.
    Dimmy, this would explain why i don`t detect so much the flower accent on my madame rochas, if it was an intermediary version between the first one and the 1989 version. I`m seeing that rochas has some obscurities regarding their scents...

Hoping that someone familiar to all versions will pop up and clarify things

Blog Entries

I have never seen the bottle you show. All the Madame Rochas I have looks like this one.