Code of Conduct

Default Rank the Armani Fragrances

Hey guys. I currently own Aqua Di Gio and Armani Black Code. Reading about the other armani fragrances and there notes, i can kinda tell that i think i will like the rest of the line as well. Because i own alot of clothing from armani, i think it would be cool to by the rest of the armani fragrance line. i think it would just look to have a drawer in my bedroom dedicated to this classy company. So now, how would u guys rank theese five armani fragrances, 1 being the best, 5 being the worst of the five choices: Aqua Di Gio, Armani Code, armani mania, attitude, emporio armani diamonds. here are my rankings(even though ive tried only 2, im ranking of reading the notes and what i think sounds best), i want your opinions to:

1. Armani Black Code
    2. Armani Attitude/Extreme
    3. Emporio Armani Diamonds
    4. Armani Mani
    5. Aqua Di Gio(going to be completely honest, i dont really love this at all)

i will have all five of these no matter what because i think it would look very classy, elegant , high end to give my room an armani theme

so rank em for me guys

Default Re: Rank the Armani Fragrances

1.Armani pour hommme
    2.Armani Attitude/Extreme
    3.Armani Code

I really don't like that house, but:

1. Aqua di Gio: not impressive, but I can understand why it's appealing to everyone and you can't disrespect that
    2. Emporio Armani Diamonds: the only one I truly like from that house, but it has no lasting power
    3. Armani Code: same as Aqua di Gio, I'm not very impressed but I understand why it's popular, maybe not as popular as Aqua di Gio, but certainly more well done.

Everything else is just bad, I think I tried one of those Armani remix ones for women which was ok, but generally Armani is one of the worst designer houses. Armani Code is the only one worth buying, despite me liking it less than the other two, but it's the only "Quality" one. I don't know if it makes sense that it's the least one I find appealing but the only one I find worth purchasing.

1. Armani Code
    2. Armani Pour Homme
    3. Acqua Di Gio
    4. Armani Attitude
    5. Emporio Diamonds
    6. Armani Mania
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I've only ever tried AdG and Black Code. Of the two, I much preferred (and owned when it first came out) Black Code. Not that AdG was terrible, but even if it wasn't so overtly popular, I probably still wouldn't buy it. It's lack of uniqueness makes it a "will never buy".

Sur la Plage

1) Armani Eau pour Homme

The rest do not deserve a ranking IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

1. Emporio Armani He : I don't want this one on for more than 4 hours. I don't want to spray it on in the morning ( more of an evening scent). But, this seems to smell the best and perform the best on me. Longevity and projection are good.

2. Emporio Armani He White : Doesn't last the best or project, but seems to be an underated citrus scent with a bit of a woody dry down. Why oh why did I give this away ? I know why, because I expected it to be something it was not.

3. Armani ( Black) Code: I had a bottle of this before. It is acceptable, but eventually I realise that it does not last or proeject as long as it should. As well, it is kind of a powdery mess. There are alot of better alternatives out there ( Arpege pour Homme, Brit Men, Body Kouros....I can go on forever).

The ones I dislike :

Diamonds : Too suble. Better scents out there. The price ? Get out of town.

Mania : Its okay, but just lacks persistence on my skin. I'm neutral on this one. I don't dislike it like I do with the other ones I have listed here, but I cannot recommend it. Maybe I need to try it again ?

Acqua di Gio pour Homme : Dislike the smell and doesn't feel right unless it is quite hot and humid weather.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    1) Armani Eau pour Homme

I agree. Armani has made only one nice men's frag.

1. Armani Eau Pour Homme.

ok I will go agaist everyone here
    I can read everywhere Armani is not much appreciated here....
    For me I like very much City Glam...here only bad words have been spent on it....but I like it....I think it has good smell and many gilrs I know think the same.....
    I agree on the fact that generally speaking Armani frags have poor longevity.....excluding Acqua di Giň which lasts a lot.....the other ones I tryed including City Glam seems to be born to be "night fragrances".....
    ok now you can start insulting me

This is one of my favorite lines.

1. Emporio Armani He Night (a tad better than the original He, I will group them both as my number 1) (most versatile)
    2. Armani Code (Lounge wear/drinks)
    3. Armani Eau Pour Homme (Suit and Tie/formal)
    4. Acqua Di Gio (Clean/Fresh)
    5. Emporio Armani White (Fun)
    6. Armani Attitude (Classy)
    7. Armani Mania

I also have City Glam but have not used it yet, and I have not tried Diamonds. Remix is terrible.

1.Armani pour homme
    2.Armani pour homme
    3.Armani pour homme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Also agree.

i will still get the 5 colognes that i listeed. I especially want to get Armani mania because i live Armani Black Code, and i think since they have the same bottle deisgn they will look cool standing side by side. call me weird, i know lol

Armani Eau pour Homme is, in my opinion, the absolute number one

1. Code
    2. Diamonds
    3. AdG
    4. Attitude
    5. Mania
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Code
    Mania
    Diamonds
    Attitude

I love Code.

Emporio He is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    This is one of my favorite lines.

1. Emporio Armani He Night (a tad better than the original He, I will group them both as my number 1) (most versatile)
    Totally agree. This fragrance is so underrated. I don't hear it spoken of at all, though the reviews on its page are generally good.

After this, and excluding my feelings about the popularity of some to these scents, I would say Code, followed by AdG, and lastly Attitude. Diamonds is kinda ho-hum but the rest are even more forgettable.

I would rank 3 from The Prive Line above any mentioned so far.....Of the mainstream scents i rank them:
    1. Armani Code Pour Homme
    2. Attitude Extreme
    3. Emporio He
    4. Acqua di Gio
    5. Diamonds
    6. Attitude
    7. Mania
    8. Armani Pour Homme
    Gary

I really like Emporio Armani He Night for men, and Eau Pour Homme, then it's all downhill from there... even though i also like the regular He...

Blog Entries

For me that's like ranking different rappers: i couldn't care less! Diamonds DID impress me somewhat however, and Acqua Di Gio is just pleasant....Code makes me laugh at how generic it smells

1. Diamonds
    2. ADG
    3. Code

1. Emporio Armani He White
    2. Emporio Armani He
    3. Acqua di Gio

DeepSilence

1. Code
    2. Armani PH
    3. Acqua Di Gio(Best seller for many years)

Well i walked into class today wearind Code , the class was absolrutely silent, but when i walked in some girl said "wow u smell good" and then everyone was like "yeah holy crap"

cha ching

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    1) Armani Eau pour Homme

+1. It`s only one Armani with class, and thats armani pour homme.

1. Armani Code
    2. Armani Pour Homme

3. Emporio Diamonds
    4. Armani Attitude
    5. Acqua Di Gio
    6. Armani Mania

Code and PH are the only two I'd ever consider buying...

I tried a fresh bottle of Armani Eau pour homme last weekend, and despite the 'omg its not as good' cries from vintage snobs, I found it still very good - the lemon/lime top smells clear and refreshing and the dry moss-patchouli herbal base is still nice, if not as rich.

Apart from this, I would rank Armani Code as my second favorite.
    -

Only like 2 from Armani, Code and Attitude. Really tried to like Eau PH but couldn't.

I like Code best and then ADG secondly out of that house.

If I'm going to a 'middle America' type bar where there's a chance of me mingling among people more of a close minded approach and conservative make up Code works well, cause it's a pretty safe scent. Sweet and spicy enough to appeal to the ladies but not floral or too feminine to attract cross eyed looks from neanderthal thinking men. D&G 'The One' and even Givenchy Pi work in this capacity for me out of the other houses. All three I kind of like equally so it would just depend on mood which one I chose.

If I'm out and about running errands on a hot day and don't want to waste a great juice on nobody in particular I throw on a few spritzes of ADG. It's pleasing enough on a hot day to not weigh me down and keeps me feeling fresh without being one of those nauseating 'aquatics'. D&G pour Homme and Marc Jacobs for Men work well for me in this way, too, out of other houses even though those other two I really like. More so than ADG.

But if I'm in a more intimate setting with a female friend or around groups who can appreciate something that tests the boundaries of normalcy there's plenty of other stuff I rather wear.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I like Code best and then ADG secondly out of that house.

If I'm going to a 'middle America' type bar where there's a chance of me mingling among people more of a close minded approach and conservative make up Code works well, cause it's a pretty safe scent. Sweet and spicy enough to appeal to the ladies but not floral or too feminine to attract cross eyed looks from neanderthal thinking men. D&G 'The One' and even Givenchy Pi work in this capacity for me out of the other houses. All three I kind of like equally so it would just depend on mood which one I chose.

If I'm out and about running errands on a hot day and don't want to waste a great juice on nobody in particular I throw on a few spritzes of ADG. It's pleasing enough on a hot day to not weigh me down and keeps me feeling fresh without being one of those nauseating 'aquatics'. D&G pour Homme and Marc Jacobs for Men work well for me in this way, too, out of other houses even though those other two I really like. More so than ADG.

But if I'm in a more intimate setting with a female friend or around groups who can appreciate something that tests the boundaries of normalcy there's plenty of other stuff I rather wear.
    EXACTLY the same feelings i have towards ADG

Armani pour Homme as well , a great fragrance , but don't rate any other the others !! If you want classy Armani fragrances on the shelf to look good , you should try Bois d'Encens from the Prive range . looks great but smells amazing , that is a really unique , interesting and classy fragrance !

Armani Mania
    Armani PH
    Emporio Armani
    Black Code

That is all I really like
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    EXACTLY the same feelings i have towards ADG
    Yea, and an added benefit is that so many women like it that if I happen to run into some random someone I smell good in a way the average female can appreciate.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

the best Armani fragrance is the first one Armani pour homme
    http://www.otto.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP....ecialShopName=

Armani perfumes are produced under licenec by L'Oreal to be sold in the whole world...so your room will have a mass market theme..quite far from milanese fashion. If you want an Armani room, find art deco abjects and italian art from the 20s.

Emporio Armani Diamonds: Last a good while on my skin and I'm finding it surprising that there are reported longevity issues. Soft, sexy, powdery and somwhat chocolately fragrance.
    Armani Eau Pour Homme: Classic! I love the sandalwood drydown.

Dislikes:
    Acqua Di Gio: Obnoxious cleaner smell.
    Armani Code: Blech! Sugary soda spill.
    Armani Mania: Boring and synthetic. Reminds me of this week's hottest pop song.

1. Armani Eau pour Homme (80's-90's vintage)

Hell of an accord (couldn't get enough of it when I lived in the desert many years ago), but it's a relatively poverty sticken composition that never accomplished more than 3 1/2 stars. Fory-five minutes on the back of my hand and I'm ready to get it off. Newer stuff especially has that fence varnish quality that has killed so many in the last ten years.
    Last edited by pluran; 25th August 2010 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    agree totally
    god bless oakmoss

bless Chypre de Coty..the one which inaugurated this category.

1. Pour Homme
    2. Code
    3. AdG

i know that most long time basenoters will not like armani code, because they really get deep into fragrances, but being real in the outside world, ive never came across a person who didnt LOVE armani code

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i know that most long time basenoters will not like armani code, because they really get deep into fragrances, but being real in the outside world, ive never came across a person who didnt LOVE armani code
    Don't worry about anyone else. Follow your own nose. I can't wait for you to try Pure Malt. You will have a new number 1, so get ready to edit your signature.

1. Armani Code
    2. Emporio Armani
    3. the rest are garbage
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Don't worry about anyone else. Follow your own nose. I can't wait for you to try Pure Malt. You will have a new number 1, so get ready to edit your signature.
    hahah dude i cant wait either! i just had another bday get together and i got alot of money gifts. it will definetly be used towards that. im very very very eager to smell it

Armani Eau pour Homme
    Armani Code
    Armani Attitude
    Acqua di Gio
    Emporio Armani Diamonds

I have never tried the others!
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 29th August 2010 at 06:31 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Armani Eau pour Homme
    Emporio Armani Night He

The others............
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

1. Aqua Di Gio This fragrance is so pleasant, BUT its been ruined by its own succes, so i would never buy it
    2. Code, its just a confidence booster to me at some days, other days i find it too heavy. Still considering if i need it in my selection.

Wow so much hate on this thread.

Personally I prefer Code and Night from all of Armani products I have tried. White is okay too. Though longevity is an issue on all of them.