Code of Conduct

Unhappy Fragrance goes away FAST.

So,I have this 212 Men,which the smell is kinda strange by the way,i guess the smell was pretty different some time ago,so,when i apply it,after some minutes,it seems that the fragrance totally vanishes,like if im not wearing anything at all.

For some reason,the same thing is happening with my Armani Code,I spray it,and after some minutes,the smell is gone,or almost gone.
    Can you guys help me with this one? Are the problem with the fragrances in particular? My skin? Can it be my nose?
    If it continues like that,theres no point keep buying perfumes.

Thank you all.

Default Re: Fragrance goes away FAST.

smarpesh, you are new and we don't know the extent of your experience with men's fragrance, so if what I write upsets you, forgive me.

If you are just starting out, when you first apply a fragrance, they are typically very strong. For a few minutes, the smell is very potent through the top notes, the opening of the fragrance. They then shift in the middle notes, and eventually base notes which are generally much softer than the scent when first applied.

Some scents are more potent through this shift than others. If your expectation is that the scent will smell as "loud" as it does for those first few minutes when you first apply it, you will be disappointed mostly.

Other possibilities:

* The scents you mention are just not a good match for your skin.
    * You're applying a lot and your nose gets so used to the smell, you can't smell it anymore (olfactory fatigue).
    * You have dry skin.
    * You have a "dense" nose.
    * The bottles you are using are old or burned out from poor storage.

I would suggest you wear one of those scents for 3-4 hours and then ask a woman you know if she can smell it. Chances are the scent is still there.

StylinLA pretty much covered the bases.

Where did you buy them?
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

All the Armani fragrances have bad longevity and sillage. So it's pretty normal that Code fades quickly.
    212 Men is a fragrance with some serious skin reaction, on my skin and on some other people their skin it turns completely sour. Also try to avoid wearing those 2 fragrances constantly. If you don't plan on buying more, never pick the same fragrance 2 days in a row. Certainly try Joop! Homme, A*Men and some other strong fragrances. If you want titanic longevity and sillage, order some Montale samples. Black Aoud, White Aoud, just pick some aouds.

I just bought 212 men a few days ago and have had the same exact experience... I wore 212 men 3 days in a row after first buying and sprayed only once and it came off very strong... But on the 3rd day I sprayed it and after the 5 mins I couldnt smell it the rest of the day... and afterwards i tried another fragrance(versace eau frasche) and smelled that the whole day no prob...

If you wore it enough, it could be anosmia. If not, then that's just weird. 212 is quite loud and definitely has no longevity issues on my skin.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

You might just need to try different things till you find something that works. For example, I got a bottle of Issey Miyaki Leau D'Issey after hearing how good it smells and the longevity. Well on my skin it smells absolutely horrible and lasts maybe 4 hours. Then Creed's MI, people say it disappears into nothing very quickly, and on my skin it last quite a long time.

Thats why it is always good to sample before you buy, no matter how many reviews you read on what a fragrance will smell like and how long it will last there is always going to be the chance your skin will not work the same way with whatever you pick. Hope this helped

I find this also, with 212 Men. But the weird thing is that if I smell my shirt the next day, it is still noticeable on my clothing, even after 24 hours. So I would say that there is an issue with skin chemistry for this one.

I also find this with the emporio Armani lineup, but not Code, for example.

Maybe just try spritzing onto your clothes?

try spraying somewhere not right near your nose, like only on your wrists and behind your knees or ankles, but NOT your chest. You may get little wafts of the smell throughout the day.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    smarpesh, you are new and we don't know the extent of your experience with men's fragrance, so if what I write upsets you, forgive me.

If you are just starting out, when you first apply a fragrance, they are typically very strong. For a few minutes, the smell is very potent through the top notes, the opening of the fragrance. They then shift in the middle notes, and eventually base notes which are generally much softer than the scent when first applied.

Some scents are more potent through this shift than others. If your expectation is that the scent will smell as "loud" as it does for those first few minutes when you first apply it, you will be disappointed mostly.

Other possibilities:

* The scents you mention are just not a good match for your skin.
    * You're applying a lot and your nose gets so used to the smell, you can't smell it anymore (olfactory fatigue).
    * You have dry skin.
    * You have a "dense" nose.
    * The bottles you are using are old or burned out from poor storage.

I would suggest you wear one of those scents for 3-4 hours and then ask a woman you know if she can smell it. Chances are the scent is still there.
    -thumbs up-

Get a good perfume and use it on the rights points U'll know..

I have the same problem, but not with 212, rather when it comes to frags like Guerlain Vetiver, On El or Eau Sauvage among others, the lasting power just dwindles away at a nearly record-worthy speed

gosh I wish A*Men would last on me - it fades within a hour my skin can not keep that scent.