Code of Conduct

Talking Love affairs CAN be a fragrant experience..

I am addicted to fragrance like some are to heroin. My latest conquests in the "I'll-love-you-till-I-die" realm all include incredibly expensive things. Basically, Xerjoff has me by the b***s, Amouage is stroking my ego to the point where I've become a pompous ass, and I even designed my own fragrance (online) and expect it to arrive in a week or so. Now I know why my back pocket smokes; my debit card is about to burst into some sort of conflagration that will, as they say, "bite me in the butt." At this point in my life, I should be a doddering, drooling, grouchy old humpback, but NOOOOO! I drunk from the fountain of youth and feel like a teenager. Those of you who pray, I need to win the lottery.

Default Re: Love affairs CAN be a fragrant experience..

Slow your roll dude. Be patient too.

For me there was an initial burst where I felt like you did, but I got more discriminating. Still buy plenty though.

Blog Entries

Yeah, hold out for the good stuff - but not every single one. Then spend lots of time with each one. Really soak it in. That helps slow things down.

You don't want to go into crisis mode - those debt counselors will have you TOTALLY de-toxed from fragrance before you can say balanced budget.

But most importantly, a slow diet of good stuff will keep the anticipation levels high - right where you want them.

Don't worry. In one month I'm going to start up my project, designed to battle perfume addiction.

It's a special laser therapy, each session of 30 minutes will cost 165 dollar. You need 12 sessions.
    After this therapy you will stop sampling and you won't buy any other fragrances, since you will have spend that money on my sessions. No need to thank me!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    Don't worry. In one month I'm going to start up my project, designed to battle perfume addiction.

It's a special laser therapy, each session of 30 minutes will cost 165 dollar. You need 12 sessions.
    After this therapy you will stop sampling and you won't buy any other fragrances, since you will have spend that money on my sessions. No need to thank me!
    *contemplates starting a "What fragrance should I wear to JBL's fragrance detox therapy session?" thread*
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

I consider myself lucky: due to my extreme lack of funds at the time when i was REALLY wanting to buy EVERYTHING fragrance related, i was forced to ration my money for the one's i really wanted/cheapies at discounters. I've blind bought enough garbage from TJ Maxx to never waste my money on blinds (luckily most weren't over $20). At this point, my "fragrance fire" is all but a tiny bed of coals, its there, but almost nothing can ignite it again. I thought 1 Million would be my last purchase, but due to Pure Malt's apparent come-back, i'm going to be (hopefully) buying my last (new) bottle. I think the key is to not buy immediately, wait atleast a week and make damn sure you want it. Also, know what you like: don't test stuff and buy based on initial impressions. I like aquatics, but they do NOTHING for me after 5 mintues. Orientals, gourmands specifically, have always kept me on my toes, always interested, and therefore i only sample/buy them as i know i WILL continue to like them.

As for the OP: good luck, try to control your spending, especially considering your niche interests as they're usually anything but cheap. But at the same time enjoy yourself! You've only got one life to live, so enjoy the finer things in life while you can...just make sure you can CONTINUE to enjoy them instead of ending up in debt!

Hillaire

Budgeting works for me.It also enhances the pleasure, delayed gratification, I suppose.
    I allow myself two scents per month, or one really nice one. (And about fifteen samples.) I devised this plan when I saw at one point that I was running out of money for essentials.
    And it's been really easy to stick to, especially since having to wait often finds me cooling off about a fragrance that I might have overestimated. My purchases are really wiser; If I am still into something two or even three months out, I am confident it's a good investment.

yes. i have a cold right now. and its been the toughest week of my life because this is the first time ive gotten sick since ive started getting into fragrances and i have abolsutely no sense of smell right now and its torture

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yeah, hold out for the good stuff - but not every single one. Then spend lots of time with each one. Really soak it in. That helps slow things down.

You don't want to go into crisis mode - those debt counselors will have you TOTALLY de-toxed from fragrance before you can say balanced budget.

But most importantly, a slow diet of good stuff will keep the anticipation levels high - right where you want them.
    I agree, Red. I have not bought a bottle of fragrance for some time and I am waiting to sample the Arsene Lupin duo.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    *contemplates starting a "What fragrance should I wear to JBL's fragrance detox therapy session?" thread*
    LOL! You're such an addict....
    But don't worry, I'll find a way to help you....
    *will buy chains tomorrow*

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Budgeting works for me.It also enhances the pleasure, delayed gratification, I suppose.
    I allow myself two scents per month, or one really nice one. (And about fifteen samples.) I devised this plan when I saw at one point that I was running out of money for essentials.
    If they're real cheapies you can push that to four or five and STILL be under the Armouge single-bottle line. And if you cook it up with baking soda and smoke it it's way better. Wait, what were we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post

Anti-aroma therapy.