Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar

One of my girly friends had the lotion of this and the body wash. I smelled this when a bunch of us were rooming together on my trip in Vegas. Man, this stuff is intoxicating. I'm actually pondering getting the lotion to lightly (or attempt to "lightly") layer this with Rochas Man or my Allure Blanche (that'll help it cut through the winter). Any guys tried using anything from this lineup? I'm just wondering!

I wouldn't layer this with something like A*Men or Le Male though. I'd kill people. Or that'd just be a cruel way to commit seppuku.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar

Can't help you with imagining the layering effect, but have to suggest that if you like WVS, you might also enjoy the drastically more expensive, but more complex Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere.

Myrtle branch, sap, red tangerine, rosewood, Kenyan cypress resin, coconut milk, sandalwood bark, ambrette seed, vanilla.
    Last edited by Quarry; 25th January 2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sur la Plage

I like their Vanilla Noir line better than their Warm Vanilla Sugar line.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like their Vanilla Noir line better
    Which OF COURSE they're discontinuing.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    One of my girly friends had the lotion of this and the body wash. I smelled this when a bunch of us were rooming together on my trip in Vegas. Man, this stuff is intoxicating. I'm actually pondering getting the lotion to lightly (or attempt to "lightly") layer this with Rochas Man or my Allure Blanche (that'll help it cut through the winter). Any guys tried using anything from this lineup? I'm just wondering!

I wouldn't layer this with something like A*Men or Le Male though. I'd kill people. Or that'd just be a cruel way to commit seppuku.
    Perhaps this is a nice scent, but the sickly-vanilla bath and body products made for young women/teen girls can be a little powerful. I know of no young men wearing this vanilla cupcake/vanilla/vanilla amber stuff. I don't know why a young man would want to smell like Britney Spears' Fantasy.

Perhaps use this as a home scent or only for bathing.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Which OF COURSE they're discontinuing.
    Damn them!!!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Damn them!!!
    I am sure there is some financial reason for this, sadly. Perfume is all about money...when all is said and done.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I am sure there is some financial reason for this, sadly. Perfume is all about money...when all is said and done.
    Well they probably didn't need 2 vanilla scents, and I think Warm Vanilla Sugar is a better seller.

Well they probably didn't need 2 vanilla scents, and I think Warm Vanilla Sugar is a better seller.
    petruccijc, I like a vanilla sugar line from the local Wal-Mart, and it's a nice bathing scent. The lotion is very light but I do not go so far as the scented body spray.

I like their Vanilla Noir line better than their Warm Vanilla Sugar line.
    I agree. Vanilla is one of my least favorite notes -- unfortunate, considering how popular it is. The Vanilla Noir is less sweet and more Shalimar-y than Warm Vanilla Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I know of no young men wearing this vanilla cupcake/vanilla/vanilla amber stuff. I don't know why a young man would want to smell like Britney Spears' Fantasy.
    Coincidentally, I became very closely acquainted with a nice young man this weekend who was wearing some kind of vanilla body oil. No complaints from me on how he smelled.

Blog Entries

I'll look into vanilla noir then. I just wanted to amp up the vanilla just a tad, but I don't want to smell as if I bathed in buttercream.

Basenotes Institution

A very interesting article on Warm Vanilla Sugar, the perfumer who created it, etc on The Scented Salamander blog, here: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...nilla_s_2.html