Code of Conduct

Default Cologne quality over time/ quality from supplier

So I like buying samples from Amazon and when I can't find samples, I opt for the mini. So the minis in question are: The Dreamer, Polo Blue, and Purple label. I've smelled two in the past and I can't remember the scent well because I was so young. So anyways, I want to buy it from Amazon and I was looking at some Purple Label reviews on Basenotes and someone had supposedly gotten a rotten sample of the fragrance affecting its overall quality and impressions and I wonder how these "minis" might stand against the real, fresh, cologne

Default Re: Cologne quality over time/ quality from supplier

Quote Originally Posted by Mike357 View Post
    So I like buying samples from Amazon and when I can't find samples, I opt for the mini. So the minis in question are: The Dreamer, Polo Blue, and Purple label. I've smelled two in the past and I can't remember the scent well because I was so young. So anyways, I want to buy it from Amazon and I was looking at some Purple Label reviews on Basenotes and someone had supposedly gotten a rotten sample of the fragrance affecting its overall quality and impressions and I wonder how these "minis" might stand against the real, fresh, cologne
    My advise is to not buy minis to test fragrances.
    I have bought some minis from a Basenoter here a long time ago, one of them was Guerlain Vetiver, and it smelled like rotting plants. Got some nasty remarks on that one. Reading your post, I smelled another mini, Bulgari Pour Homme Soir, and it doesn't smell as strong as a fragrance is supposed to. I'll never buy minis again.

Default Re: Cologne quality over time/ quality from supplier

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    My advise is to not buy minis to test fragrances.
    I have bought some minis from a Basenoter here a long time ago, one of them was Guerlain Vetiver, and it smelled like rotting plants. Got some nasty remarks on that one. Reading your post, I smelled another mini, Bulgari Pour Homme Soir, and it doesn't smell as strong as a fragrance is supposed to. I'll never buy minis again.
    Hm. I guess I'll have to do some footwork. I think that's a shame though. I like thoroughly "examining" the fragrance in the sense that I like to know what I'm buying. Purple Label, I think regardless of the Basenotes status, is not in production so I just really wanted to smell it for shits and giggles. Again, what a shame. Can anyone else vouch?