Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed testified at last - Erolfa / Tabarome / Silver Mountain Water

Quote Originally Posted by Eroma View Post
    you drop the words "queer" and "pervert" in the strangest places. in fact i don't think i've understood one of your sentences in this thread. is english a second (or third or fourth) language for you? just wondering...
    My first language is Latin. Queer just means "strange, odd, irregular" according to my dictionary. May be the wording sticks in all day language to something special. Any erotic conotation isn't intended at all regarding the Creed business. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hey Cutlasssurpreme,

I enjoy your videos on youtube. Try Aventus, GIT, and Original Santal from Creed. All are unique and have great staying power. Cheers!

Nick
    Thanks and I have tried most of the Creeds including GIT and Original Santal. As for OS I really dont want to walk around smelling like that plus it kills my nose. And for GIT is way too much confused for Cool Water(to 98% of ppl) to warrant a buy from me. Plus I get like 4-5 hours with it at most and I really dont consider ambergis a note when its the only thing left to smell(which would knock off 2-4 hours of most Creeds). And even though Aventus was pleasant on the nose the girl I was with said it best when she smelled it. She sniffed my hand and said "why would a guy walk around smelling like pinneaple." Then she frowned her face up and went back to loving Love in White.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    My first language is Latin. Queer just means "strange, odd, irregular" according to my dictionary. May be the wording sticks in all day language to something special. Any erotic conotation isn't intended at all regarding the Creed business. Sorry.
    where do you live that they still speak Latin? i thought that language was several centuries dead.

again just wondering... no apologies necessary..

I remember posting threads about seven years ago about what's the big deal with Creed Millesime Imperial; Creed Green Irish Tweed reminds me too much Cool Water; and Silver Mountain Water reminds me of my dad's wine vats. I'm a bit embarrassed by those posts now.

On the other hand I still have gripes about Tabarome Millesime and Erolfa - namely that the parts I really like don't last long enough.
    Renato

Blog Entries

where do you live that they still speak Latin? i thought that language was several centuries dead.

again just wondering... no apologies necessary..
    from a strictly anthropological perspective im wondering the same. I swear i've heard its a dead language so im really curious as to how its your first, and if so does your entire country speak it? it'd be pretty funny if everyone's been wrong this entire time about the "dead language"

Quote Originally Posted by xiton View Post
    SMW is a beautiful fragrance.
    Agree.

Actually Latin is still taught in some of the posh schools over ere , my cousin is a latin teacher !!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Actually Latin is still taught in some of the posh schools over ere , my cousin is a latin teacher !!!
    it's taught here in America too... but SPOKEN? no.

I remember posting threads about seven years ago about what's the big deal with Creed Millesime Imperial; Creed Green Irish Tweed reminds me too much Cool Water; and Silver Mountain Water reminds me of my dad's wine vats. I'm a bit embarrassed by those posts now.

Nice testimony. Indeed one might suggest Creed is to the average designer aesthetics what a symphony is to a rap utterance.

To be able to encompass a symphony, one needs to educate oneself. If not, of course, the rap "song" could be portrayed as just as legitimate a choice, as long as one is happy with it.

De gustibus non est disputandum, as we say in my neck of the woods (-:

Sur la Plage

Hi there,

I've sniffed Creed today at last. The SA was very eager to pull me in. Each scent was accompanied by a story of what it shoulld resemble.

Erolfa: seabreeze - o/k, not for me. No salt nothing but some nasty aromachemicals. I didn't get the picture. I honestly tried, really! It was just a "No", I came back to it later and it stayed just that. May be I've lost the personal reference of my own Atlantic experiences, but that's quite improbable. May be the imagination is wrong on that, and it isn't meant that way at all. But, I just didn't get it.

Silver Mountain Water: a waterfall in the Rockies according to the SA - not for me. It was a pale aldehydic sparkled and tamed at once by helional or something. Very unpleasent due to its overt chemical construction that was additionally felt as simple. I'm not the perfect nose, so take care! I must have missed something, it was just very plain without a knack. No pine or something. Just dry flowerish aldehydes plus don't know.

Tabarome (don't exactly know which, but should have cost 150++$, millisime?): Tabacco - o/k, I've got some fermented leaves, that is a picture that fits. Underneath there is something dry. A not too overt layer of aroma, maybe cold ash? The best so far. But the top was drenched in alcohol, synthetic. That might occure with natural smells as well, if isolated (violet leaves). In this case I was sure, that this Tabarome is an utter contemporary concoction, means 1980+, not vintage or ancient.

But then We went over to Lubin, Idole: rum plus orange plus something that filled it up. To polished for my taste.

The SA went crazy on me. The Xclusive line of Nassamoto for an other price tag. I liked it. And it went on, the Creeds were all forgotten. Then at last I saw the Caron line there. Let's sniff a reference! Yatagan: great on the first sniff and it remained so while the Nassamoto devoloped camphorous aspects in comparison, unbalanced was my verdict then. Caron 3rd man: wowey, how beeeuutyfull BIG SMILE!

I came back to Erolfa, that was worse than in the beginning, sniffed some Xclusive Nassamoto including Black Afghane that smelled of patchouli plus woody amber. He never inhaled for sure ...

Conclusion: in spite of visiting a shop of tremendous possibilities the classics outperformed the Xclusive line of Nassamoto and the so often promoted Creed by lengths. It was not only that the Carons were more familiar, but they brought the message just to the point, they were complex, balanced, hence "natural" of a kind.

O/k, at least I went home with Comme Des Garcons #53. Good shop, really. Didn't get the Creeds. To simple at last, but isn't every fragrances prize tag pervert?
    I am not fond of those 3 Creeds either. But there are other Creeds that I own and love. You shouldn't write off an entire house based on a few samplings IMO - but that is your prerogative to do so.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Creed is the best punching bag you'd ever find wildthingy...

it's perfectly natural for newcomers at Basenotes to either like creed or simply despise it. i represented the former.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Creed is the best punching bag you'd ever find wildthingy...

it's perfectly natural for newcomers at Basenotes to either like creed or simply despise it. i represented the former.
    Creed showed me the way: to just not join them. What they do is exactly I don't wanna be identified with. It's not a matter of being a "newcomer" but a matter of taste. Creed is about wannabe, none else, got it?

<edit> perfume is about F.U.N. - my very self does miss it so much with Creed and it's fanboys

I am fond of Creed fragrances, but Erolfa, SMW, and Tabarome Mllesime all struck me as so-so, not really my thing, for a long time. I now own and love all three. Wore SMW today, and it was a fine experience. You might give them all a few more tries.

IMO, most of life's sweetest pleasures are acquired tastes. If you like it too much the first time, the appeal becomes tiresome quickly, like a bad, too-catchy pop song. Many of the best fragrances are like this, too. They grow on you with time. Several Creeds have been like this with me.

Banned

Creed showed me the way: to just not join them. What they do is exactly I don't wanna be identified with. It's not a matter of being a "newcomer" but a matter of taste. Creed is about wannabe, none else, got it?

<edit> perfume is about F.U.N. - my very self does miss it so much with Creed and it's fanboys
    so you smelled 3 Creeds, didn't like any of them, and now liken the company and its fans to a cult?

your hatred of Creed is very very strange, in my opinion. It seems like you take it waaaaay too seriously. You say it's "about fun", then you turn around and call all Creed fans "wannabes".

I'm a Creed fan. Are you saying that I'm a "wannabe"? And "wannabe" WHAT, specifically? What do you think I am "trying" to be? And are you saying that the hundreds of people on this site who are big fans of certain Creed fragrances are "wannabes" too?

Not sure where you are coming from, but between your terrible English and your obsessive hatred of a company you know little about, you seem very suspect.

Latin is your FIRST LANGUAGE?

Unless you're locked in a room in the vatican, or you're from another time and dimension (which I'm thinking could be possible after reading your posts), Latin is NOT your first language.

What they do is exactly I don't wanna be identified with.

Now there's exquisitely little danger of that, isn't there?

Wow...true colors and all that, huh? I admit I'm a Creed fan and a "wannabe"....I "wannabe" in a position of having a life time supply of my favorites....GIT, SV, MI, and now AVENTUS My goodness, what a delicious concoction this one is....

If perfume is about fun, ignore all the marketing crap and have fun with the perfume. I mean, are you going to diss L'Origan because Francois Coty became a proto-fascist later in life? Some Creeds are really worth trying
    Did you mean your first language is a Romance language, i.e. Spanish, Catalan (likely, if you are actually from the islas canarias)?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

it's taught here in America too... but SPOKEN? no.
    I took 4 years of it at the private school I went to but never spoke it and never wanted to translate a passage by Ceasar again
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Wildthingy, it doesn't matter if your language is latin or pig-latin, you are welcome to air your perfume related opinions here.

This may be a bit off topic, but how many people know about Catalonia, Spains autonomous region (and according to some people, the real Barcelona) ?
    -

Like a lot of houses some Creeds I love, some I'm indifferent to, some I hate. Why does it have to be black and white?

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Wildthingy, it doesn't matter if your language is latin or pig-latin, you are welcome to air your perfume related opinions here.)
    If I am permitted a humourous diversion, I don't know exactly why, but the tenor of this thread reminded me of Ronald Reagan's self-deprecating humour - on one campaigning occasion, he visited a plant which was producing air conditioners, fans and such - Reagan says: "we seem to be in the same business, is the air coming out of your machines hot as well?"

so you smelled 3 Creeds,
    You say it's "about fun", then you turn around and call all Creed fans "wannabes".

Not sure where you are coming from, but between your terrible English and your obsessive hatred of a company you know little about, you seem very suspect.
    Sorry, I beg Your pardon regarding the English. For sure You got it wrong what is my fault from start to end. The wording related to the former discusson about the attempt of Creed and others - Nassamato - to resemble natural aromas: seabreeze, the Rockies, Black Afghane. All these trials did go tremendously wrong to my nose.

I LOVE Givenchys Insense, most of the Etal Libre D'Orange line, some classics. My personal taste doesn't fit with the idea of perfumery that Creed persues, though. And that relates to the whole line: it is the constitutive concept of resemblance to natural aromas. As if a natural aroma would be worthwhile on its own. I just don't want to smell OF something certain, for instance the Rocky Mountains. I want smell like me. To push that conflict out of the firezone let me state that I don't like the old Diorissimo too. Contended?

Sorry

The new Tabarome is very nice and one that I like very much.....Erolfa has no lasting power on me at all.....none.....Silver Mountain Water is nice.....I like GIT and Green Valley better.....Royal Water is also nice.....
    I prefer Comme des Garcons Odeur 71 over 53.....I have both and Love them.....71 just works better on my skin.....I do like the Nassamato line I have Duro and Absinth.....I like these but the cost/ounce ratio will probably prevent me from making this purchase again!!!
    Gary

I want smell like me.

No problem. Not using any blasted Creed fragrance will get you half-way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post

I want smell like me.

No problem. Not using any blasted Creed fragrance will get you half-way there.
    I conclude, using a Creed would make me smell like who? You didn't get it, this time despite of fair English. I do not want to smell of the Rocky Mointauns. How DO they smell, really? Nor do I want to evoke the smelly seaside when I enter a room. The "romantic" naturalism in perfumery is lost in some kinda void between the poles of a) headspace analysis b) abstract composition tecniques. I understand, Creed is exclusive due to its prize and much people of vast exclusive taste love it +ggg+ O/k, case closed.

I'm a 'wannabe', too! I 'wannabe' able to wear whatever the f*ck I want to cause I like it! There aren't very many Creed frags I like to wear but what I do...I will.

To me it's seems that some people get their identity from loving and associating themselves with certain things. Just the same some get their identity from hating and disassociating themselves with certain things. These two group when using this method of identity are one in the same.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I LOVE Givenchys Insense, most of the Etal Libre D'Orange line, some classics. ....

I just don't want to smell OF something certain, for instance the Rocky Mountains. I want smell like me. To push that conflict out of the firezone let me state that I don't like the old Diorissimo too. Contended?

Sorry
    You state that you dont want to smell like something...but then you list Etat Libre as a favorite house who, granted, create fragrances around some extreme concepts such as sperm, incense + bubblegum (all of which do exist in nature, btw), are still doing what Creed and other houses do: recreate various aromas with some creativity. Infact, recreating natural aromas is what most classic houses (have) focused on....the aroma of violets, or jasmine, or the EDC formula, or the recreation of the air of Cyprus in chypre perfumes, the gazillions of lavender based fragrances, etc.
    -