Code of Conduct

Default Aventus help ASAP!!!

I just purchased creed aventus from fragrancenet, and when it arrived I was so excited having smelled it in Barcelona last week. The problem is I don't smell any of the pineapple notes. I literally stays the same. My friend purchased the same bottle from the same site and his smells slightly different. So I went to a local reed boutique here and smelled his and WHO what a difference!!!! The crazy thing is we had the same lot S42B13Q02, so I am confused. So I guess I have 2 questions. 1- is fragrancenet legit? And 2- what's the deal with my LOT? Please help!!!!

" When your ready to quit, your 1/2 way there"
    Using Tapatalk

Default Re: Aventus help ASAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
    So I guess I have 2 questions. 1- is fragrancenet legit? And 2- what's the deal with my LOT? Please help!!!!
    1 - yes.

2 - nothing - it's perfectly fine.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...mp-Discussions

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

Basenotes Junkie

From reading the title of the thread before opening i was expecting it to be someonme with suicidal tendencies...

I reckon Creed should start there own Aventus samaritans hotline number lol.

I think the tester at the Creed Boutique had more air in it.
    The juice was more oxidized. Be patient, it gets better with more air in the bottle.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 12/09
    WANTED: None

Swap bottles with your friend when he's not watching if his is better.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

This can't possibly be a serious thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    The juice was more oxidized. Be patient, it gets better with more air in the bottle.
    Agree with this. I have R01 batch and it is changing with time and the more I use it. Longevity seems to have improved a lot as the bottle gets emptier.

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    From reading the title of the thread before opening i was expecting it to be someonme with suicidal tendencies...
    I reckon Creed should start there own Aventus samaritans hotline number lol.
    LOL,smh...

Come on now,not another one,just enjoy the juice,PLEASE,is fragrancenet legit,REALLY,smh...Oh and yes they are no doubt LEGIT,smh....

Please send it back immediately so that someone else can purchase it and start another "I think my Aventus from fragrancenet has been sprayed" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LivelyupURself View Post
    Please send it back immediately so that someone else can purchase it and start another "I think my Aventus from fragrancenet has been sprayed" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Swap bottles with your friend when he's not watching if his is better.
    Good idea. Problem solved!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ripjean View Post
    Agree with this. I have R01 batch and it is changing with time and the more I use it. Longevity seems to have improved a lot as the bottle gets emptier.
    Excellent deduction - thanks for that! I've noticed that my flacon seems to get better with time, too. It all makes sense. The first batch was heavily macerated - that's why it was so much more complex - not the maceration per se, but slight oxidation. Second batch was rushed because of the unexpected demand. It got out there a little too soon. After that, "batch variation".

I love fragrances that get better with time. So much more desirable than the ones that get worse from day one.

Although it would be much more fun if this actually WAS some kind of CREED® emergency!

Smell is same at the dry down, dont worry just enjoy the juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The first batch was heavily macerated - that's why it was so much more complex - not the maceration per se, but slight oxidation. Second batch was rushed because of the unexpected demand. It got out there a little too soon.
    Right.

Top of the barrel (less air) versus bottom of the barrel (more air).
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 12/09
    WANTED: None

Aventus must be very problematic to inspire so many new posters with desperate issues. Maybe it should come with a warning label!

This
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post

Google takes 10 seconds.

More corporate shills or employees of retailers posting as regular folk on the forums specifically to sow seeds of doubt and discontent amongst the group regarding purchases of fragrances from discounters.

If I had a single cent(penny) for this same legit or fake ? I think I would by now be a billionaire ..lol
    fragrancenet is LEGIT, now are they the freshest absolutely not, but Creeds are well Know to get better as time goes by and I know this through others and more importantly my own Empirical exams and experience as I was an adamant former skeptic....Now are they batch issues but of course. Now has your bottle become rancid , that is a possibility also...just return it and pay an extra $200usd and gain your peace of mind with $200usd less on your bank account...enjoy
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

You must have missed my thread from a few days ago where I had been wondering if I had fake Aventus because mine had too much pineapple, compared to the small amount of pineapple in store testers. In other words, the exact opposite to you.

My thread was merged into the huge Aventus Batch Number thread, along with other numerous posts of woe about Aventus and the fickle pineapple note.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    You must have missed my thread from a few days ago where I had been wondering if I had fake Aventus because mine had too much pineapple, compared to the small amount of pineapple in store testers. In other words, the exact opposite to you.

My thread was merged into the huge Aventus Batch Number thread, along with other numerous posts of woe about Aventus and the fickle pineapple note.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    I here you but my question is this, I can't find this batch code anywhere? Is it a new/old batch?

" When your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyDaBoy View Post
    More corporate shills or employees of retailers posting as regular folk on the forums specifically to sow seeds of doubt and discontent amongst the group regarding purchases of fragrances from discounters.
    Actually a real possibility I think, especially with people putting it as their 2nd post...

For the record, fragrancenet is legit ::end thread::
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Actually a real possibility I think, especially with people putting it as their 2nd post...

For the record, fragrancenet is legit ::end thread::
    Lol, no corporate person here just a regular guy trying to make sure my purchase is legit. But thanks for the complement

Using Tapatalk

I here you but my question is this, I can't find this batch code anywhere? Is it a new/old batch?
    Your batch is a 2013 batch.

Lol, no corporate person here just a regular guy trying to make sure my purchase is legit. But thanks for the complement

Just for my information how do you know that or where did you find it

Using Tapatalk

That's what the 13 stands for in the middle of your batch number.

just for my information how do you know that or where did you find it

" when your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    s42b13q02

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    s42b13q02
    This.

Yeah, or maybe it's a case of "there's no such thing as bad publicity, all publicity is good." Not a day goes by without a new thread, no matter how redundant.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Yeah, or maybe it's a case of "there's no such thing as bad publicity, all publicity is good." Not a day goes by without a new thread, no matter how redundant.
    if thats the case then i highly doubt that its creed. theres more of a chance that its always the website in question hinting to the public that they indeed sell these products and that theres nothing wrong with them, or its a competitor discount website trying to give said website a bad name, personally i ignore any blatant spam on here thateven so much as namedrops somewhere where you can buy something, whether that be a discount website or ebay or amazon where they think it can be dressed up as some kind of new enquiry by a memebr of the public its completley transparant and you can see right through it immedialty.

As others mentioned Creed fragrances improve as they age, just like wine. So, I wouldn't return it (Fragrancenet is legit). Just store it in a cool, dark place and don't wear it until the year 3014.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    As others mentioned Creed fragrances improve as they age, just like wine. So, I wouldn't return it (Fragrancenet is legit). Just store it in a cool, dark place and don't wear it until the year 3014.
    LMMFAO,good one,smh....

Yeah ... and it ages even faster if you leave it on your window sill for a few months.

Just send it to me and I will age it properly and send it back in a year. Of course, there may be some evaporation. LOL.

Ha ha ha, you guys have jokes!!! Thanks for the input.

Using Tapatalk

Seems legit.

I just received a bottle of Aventus from Fragnet also and I am happy with it. Haven't had any issues with them.

All I know is, that I purchase all my fragrances from reputable retailers such as Creed Boutique, Nordstoms, Neimans, Saks, etc. If something is a miss, I'm always taken care of, but more importantly, I know its ligit and don't have to bother with all the lots and preponderance of evidence. To me, its worth the few extra dollars. To each their own though.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    All I know is, that I purchase all my fragrances from reputable retailers such as Creed Boutique, Nordstoms, Neimans, Saks, etc. If something is a miss, I'm always taken care of, but more importantly, I know its ligit and don't have to bother with all the lots and preponderance of evidence. To me, its worth the few extra dollars. To each their own though.
    Great point!! My next few bottles will be from creed dealers.

Using Tapatalk

Just the opposite, I would say. Big fragrance houses have million dollar budgets for advertising and the sales reps in department stores to promote their fragrances. It's the off-price online retailers who have to resort to fake forum posts talking up their business. Want real feedback from actual customers? Check out Fragrancenet's feedback on Ebay. In the last 12 months there have been 258 negative comments ranging from slow delivery to receiving fake and used (partly empty) perfume to no response from customer service.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 27th May 2014 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Just the opposite, I would say. Big fragrances houses have million dollar budgets for advertising and the sales reps in department stores to promote their fragrances. It's the off-price online retailers who have to resort to fake forum posts talking up their business. Want real feedback from actual customers? Check out Fragrancenet's feedback on Ebay. In the last 12 months there have been 258 negative comments ranging from slow delivery to receiving fake and used (partly empty) perfume to no response from customer service.
    Not sure what's up with your crusade against fragrancenet, but the 258 negative comments are against 42,464 positive ones... any business would be happy with that ratio. There will always be idiots that think they got fakes, even if they were bestowed a bottle directly from Olivier Creed's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    There will always be idiots that think they got fakes, even if they were bestowed a bottle directly from Olivier Creed's hands.
    As there will always be people who want to believe they bought the real thing -- no matter the risks or warning signs -- just because it comes at discount. For once in their lives they want to feel ahead of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    As there will always be people who want to believe they bought the real thing -- no matter the risks or warning signs -- just because it comes at discount. For once in their lives they want to feel ahead of the game.
    LMFAO. Seirously, what's the reason for tonight's personal vendetta against fragrancenet? Why you so mad, brah? You sound like a department store SA who failed to meet his sales quotas...

Basenotes Plus

O.K. - we've had so many threads on this topic that it's quite surprising that there's not a whole section of the Forum devoted to it....

However, lets agree to differ here - some people like the peace of mind gained from buying at full price and others are happy pick up bargains elsewhere.

To the O.P. - it is most unlikely that you have bought a fake.
    Creed products are affected by batch variation - there are threads on this subject.
    If you're unhappy, just return it.

In my experience, a lot of Ebay buyers wouldn't know a fake if they fell over one in the street - so any seller's feedback is something to be considered - but the greater the turnover, the greater the chances of disgruntled clients.