Code of Conduct

Default recieved 2 creed bottles from fragrancenet, terrible

i recieved 2 4.0z bottles of GIT and MI. the GIT smells decent, bottle sprays great. the MI however has this wierd discoloring inside the cap. also the sprayer seems only seems to produce half the mist of the GIT bottle. this is the SAME EXACT problem i had with my last MI i had ordered from fragrancenet a couple of years ago. eventually the sprayer stopped working on it after a year. the Aventus split i purchased recently from a BNer smells much stronger and lasts a bit longer then these 2. speaking of splits, i was looking for these scents in splits recently and couldnt find them so i gambled and tried fragrancenet.

anyone know if they charge a restocking fee? they have both been used, but i have all of the original packaging materials. next time ill go to neiman marcus for my creeds. i also purchased Gendarme and Polo Blue and they smells great.

moral of the story? no more niche fragrances from fragrancenet for me.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Default Re: recieved 2 creed bottles from fragrancenet, terrible

Sorry to hear of your problem with MI. I don't think getting it from Fragrancenet has anything at all to do with your problem, however. I think the sprayer thing is just a coincidence. There will be nothing magical about getting the bottle from Neiman's, except to overpay for it at $315.00, plus tax. I think I would just ask them to send you another one after getting the one back that you send them.

From your description, it sounds like you believe the bottle is defective and that is covered, whether you have sprayed the fragrance, or not. Just tell them what you said here. Call them, state the problems, and they should send you a shipping label that you can print and send back to them at no charge! There shouldn't be a restocking fee, considering you believe the sprayer is defective and think the cap doesn't appear new.

Good luck with it! I have never had any problem at all with anything I have returned to them.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

As mentioned, just ask them to send you another one after returning what you have.

Banned

I once ordered an aventus from them which was my first time smelling it and I hated it.
    I ordered another one from creed boutique and loved it. so go figure.

Welcome to the world of Creed's horrible quality control. My Aventus bottle's sprayer creaks like two old people having sex every time I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes65 View Post
    Welcome to the world of Creed's horrible quality control. My Aventus bottle's sprayer creaks like two old people having sex every time I use it.
    What an interesting visual to have everytime you apply that fragrance. LOL
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Fragrancenet is pretty good with returns. Call them up to get a return confirmation number, send it back and the amount will be placed back on your card. No problems with those guys.

That's why it is better to avoid the "Grey Market" when purchasing higher end fragrances. You save some money, but get a bottle that was probably kicked around the globe, stored in hot warehouses, on the back of some truck for who knows how many years.

Fragrancenet is usually pretty good - you will probably not have a problem returning it.

Purchasing from the Creed Boutique or Neiman Marcus is different from getting it from a discount online retailer - But you pay a lot more.

Fragrancenet didn't manufacture the bottle nor do they sell fake fragrances. Place the blame where it belongs.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    As mentioned, just ask them to send you another one after returning what you have.
    they do do that right?

The MI caps seem to be sketchy in quality. Some have a "patina", for lack of a better word. Others are bright and shiny like the old ones.

Basenotes Junkie

I've been lucky with all my grey market Creeds, but they've all been from Fragrancex - can't really comment on Fragrancenet. Hopefully you'll get your money back.

I think I'm done with gray market myself. Easy for me to say, I guess. Got all the Creeds I really want, and I probably won't run out in less than five years with any of them at the rate I'm using them (weirdly, not often - I find them almost too strong, projecting etc) and I have several other fragrances I really like.

315 usd on something you really like, say, once every two years isn't that much when you've got the security and customer service meaning that you can go back with the product if you're not satisfied and get another one (I assume you can. I can from my only Creed-source in Norway).

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    they do do that right?
    Take them to court if they don't -- 'faulty goods'.

Sorry about your experience. A bottle with a defective sprayer can be returned, and there shouldn't be a restocking fee. If there is, don't buy from that seller any more. There are lots of other discounters selling MI and GIT -- those two are pretty much sold by every discounter that sells Creed.

I've had very few problems buying grey market Creeds -- Beauty Encounter shaved off serial numbers, so I stopped using it; but fragrancenet and fragrancex are fine (fragrancex is my choice usually). And I've smelled GIT and MI often enough at high end brick and mortars to believe that the supposedly "fresher" versions sold there are no different from the smell of the ones I'm buying. And because I am not made of money, I can't justify spending $300.00 or more for a Creed that is $140.00 on the Grey Market.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Sorry about your experience. So far, I've ordered six Creed bottles from Fragrancenet over the past few years and all have turned out fine. From what I've heard, ordering from the Creed Boutique or Neiman Marcus won't make much of a difference, except paying a few extra hundred dollars more. Creed is known to have terrible quality control.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    Fragrancenet didn't manufacture the bottle nor do they sell fake fragrances. Place the blame where it belongs.
    This!

My Aventus from Fragnet was just fine.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Quote Originally Posted by granola View Post
    fragrancenet didn't manufacture the bottle nor do they sell fake fragrances. Place the blame where it belongs.
    this.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

well its not just the bottle. the MI juice smelled watered down and weak, with a synthetic opening. it didnt smell as natural as the sample i got a few months ago from NM. the MI i bought a few years ago from Fragrancenet smelled great at first then i made the mistake of taking it around with me in my backpack, leaving it in my car in the hot sun, etc...to a point where it started smelling synthetic and weak, kind of like how this new bottle smells. the GIT smelled fine, but again im on the fence about it because iv'e had bad luck it seems with fragrancenet+creed. im stopping by NM today and get some 2.5oz bottles. Gendarme smells damn good though, glad i picked it up.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

So what are you saying, you think that its fake or it's been watered down?

But they do purchase Creed fragrances on the gray market. And the blame does belong on the company from which the product was purchased.

I've no personal issues with fragrancenet. But any company must be accountable for the products which they are selling. If the product stinks, it's their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    But they do purchase Creed fragrances on the gray market. And the blame does belong on the company from which the product was purchased.

I've no personal issues with fragrancenet. But any company must be accountable for the products which they are selling. If the product stinks, it's their fault.
    What about the manufacturer? The defects (Discolored cap and Bad sprayer) doesn't seem distribution related or does it?
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    they do do that right?
    I had this happen to me years back with another fragrance. Had no problem getting a replacement.

Sounds like authentic Creeds to me.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I wouldn't automatically give Fragrancenet a free pass on knowlingly or unknowningly selling fakes, as so many here do. Fragrancenet also sells on Ebay and if you read the independent feedback, there are about 260 negative comments in the last year, some of which accuse the company of sending them fake products. Since Fragrancenet isn't an authorized distributor for many of the fragrances they sell, they are buying from the grey market and other distributors who may be shady. Does anyone really believe Fragrancenet opens and tests and authenticates every bottle of fragrance it sells? They are a low cost, high volume operation.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 27th May 2014 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    I wouldn't automatically give Fragrancenet a free pass on knowlingly or unknowningly selling fakes, as so many here do. Fragrancenet also sells on Ebay and if you read the independent feedback, there are about 260 negative comments in the last year, some of which accuse the company of sending them fake products.
    I take this as more of a reflection on the buyer than fragrancenet itself. How many positive feedbacks are there on those very same products in that time? Some people can't understand how fragrancenet are able to offer such low prices, that it seems they almost try and convince themselves that the product is fake. If you subscribe to the "Creed Queries" thread you'll see a new one of these guys pop up every week. "My Aventus is fake cuz the sticker is peeling off", "my MI is fake cuz there's Arabic writing on the box" etc. Of course none of these are reasons to presume something is fake. I've even experienced this first hand in the BN marketplace - I shipped a guy a 100% authentic bottle, only for him to turn around and accuse me of selling him a fake. I'm unsure if these guys are just very paranoid, or they're trying to pull a fast one. In any event, I still have never seen any evidence of fragrancenet knowingly or unknowingly selling fakes.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 27th May 2014 at 03:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I take this as more of a reflection on the buyer than fragrancenet itself. How many positive feedbacks are there on those very same products in that time? Some people can't understand how fragrancenet are able to offer such low prices, that it seems they almost try and convince themselves that the product is fake. If you subscribe to the "Creed Queries" thread you'll see a new one of these guys pop up every week. "My Aventus is fake cuz the sticker is peeling off", "my MI is fake cuz there's Arabic writing on the box" etc. Of course none of these are reasons to presume something is fake. I've even experienced this first hand in the BN marketplace - I shipped a guy a 100% authentic bottle, only for him to turn around and accuse me of selling him a fake. I'm unsure if these guys are just very paranoid, or they're trying to pull a fast one. In any event, I still have never seen any evidence of fragrancenet knowingly or unknowingly selling fakes.
    Agreed - there is a lot of paranoia about fakes. It's justified - there are a lot of fakes out there. But even if you're being vigilant for fakes, you have to be very cool and very scientific about differentiating the real from the fake. It's not always simple. It takes years of experience with a brand and a product to tell the really good fakes from the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    I wouldn't automatically give Fragrancenet a free pass on knowlingly or unknowningly selling fakes, as so many here do. Fragrancenet also sells on Ebay and if you read the independent feedback, there are about 260 negative comments in the last year, some of which accuse the company of sending them fake products. Since Fragrancenet isn't an authorized distributor for many of the fragrances they sell, they are buying from the grey market and other distributors who may be shady. Does anyone really believe Fragrancenet opens and tests and authenticates every bottle of fragrance it sells? They are a low cost, high volume operation.
    sick year old bump brah

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk