• Creed Green Irish Tweed

66 64.08%
  • Davidoff Cool Water

13 12.62%
  • Truefitt & Hill Freshman

5 4.85%
  • Bond no. 9 Chez Bond

19 18.45%

Default Green Irish Tweed vs. Chez Bond vs. Cool Water vs. Freshman (Truefitt & Hill)

Which is the best?

Considering: Price, Longevity, Scent and Silliage...

Personally, I find Chez Bond to be the best of the four, I'm not a Bond no. 9 fan and will never buy it (whereas I own GIT). Chez Bond just seems to have a bit more about it!
    Last edited by boosh; 23rd August 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed vs. Chez Bond vs. Cool Water vs. Freshman (Truefitt & Hill)

GIT for me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed vs. Chez Bond vs. Cool Water vs. Freshman (Truefitt & Hill)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    GIT for me.
    Me too. It's really no contest IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Me too. It's really no contest IMO.
    Agreed.

Basenotes Plus

GIT is in a class of its own.

Haha how many times can we discuss this? Damn.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Chez Bond works way better on me than GIT.....I do Love and respect GIT and feel that it is a fantastic fragrance.....I just like Chez Bond better.....Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    LOL One more, evidently!

The horse gets its beating again...
    Cool Water it is for me.

I prefer old Cool Water from back in the 90s to all of them, even though I respect GIT and consider it a work of art. But the new Cool Water reformulation is just terrible, so I'd go with GIT. Haven't tried Freshman as it is quite an unknown cologne in UK.

Git
    My signature scents:
    Current: GREEN IRISH TWEED (since June 2010)
    Past: BOIS DU PORTUGAL (Oct. 09 - May 10)
    Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE (good 15 years !!!)
    Past Past Past: LANVIN L'HOMME (2 years)
    Past Past Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE again (3 years or so)

GIT of course...

What about the Cool Water flankers? Like some of the summer editions? I have never been a fan of Cool Waters, but I tried one of the summer editions at the Marshalls nearby, and I found it rather pleasing. It had some of the notes from the original CW, but just a little more citrusy and pleasant. I had to wonder why none of the flankers seem to get a lot of chatter.

If I drive to Shoppers 10 minutes away. I can pick up a 125ml bottle of Cool Water for $20. You really can't get better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Love you too

From this list, clearly GIT

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    GIT is in a class of its own.
    exactly, there is no rival.

Chez Bond amps up what's best in this style of fresh fougere and leaves out the unpleasant parts. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favour. It's a winner.

Git

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Chez Bond amps up what's best in this style of fresh fougere and leaves out the unpleasant parts. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favour. It's a winner.
    I agree!
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Chez Bond's top and heart notes are so extremely well done as to seriously rival GIT....however.....it's drydown becomes this terribly powdered grape candy note, with almost no wood or heavy smooth ambergris, none of the masculinity of GIT's basenotes.

Hence, I rank them like so:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed

2. Truefitt & Hill Freshman
    3. Bond no.9 Chez Bond

Another shout out in this contest, worrthy of contention, is Caswell-Massey's Greenbriar

JF by Floris is another Cool Water clone.

If you wear fragrances for your own sake then pick GIT, if you do it for others pick Cool Water. Noone besides enthusiasts will EVER tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Abliss View Post
    If you wear fragrances for your own sake then pick GIT, if you do it for others pick Cool Water. Noone besides enthusiasts will EVER tell the difference.
    I disagree. I like Cool Water more than GIT. All the *elitists* here will probably bash me for that, saying Cool Water smells more synthetic (which I agree) using cheaper materials (which I also agree). But I like it more than GIT. In fact I have been wearing it for a good 15 years. Although I don't like the new formulation, I much prefer the original 1990s formulation.

Creed Green Irish Tweed

Holy Moley, how many poll's can you start in a day. I am polled out
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

My pick: Creed Green Irish Tweed

Green irish tweed all the way! Chez bond is nice too, but if I had to pick one I'd go with GIT.

Prefer Chez Bond but I already have GIT. If I empty this bottle I gonna go for Bond's... But that's highly unlikely.
    My current top 10 fragrances :
    1. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    2. A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    3. YSL L'Homme Libre
    4. Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain
    5. Rania J. Ambre Loup
    6. Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant
    7. Parfum MDCI Ambre Topkapi
    8. Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser
    9. Heeley Sel Marin
    10. by Kilian Back to Black