Code of Conduct

Default Patchouli and a Yankee Candle. Help.

I'm not good with notes, and i'm not sure exactly what patchouli alone smells like. But looking on basenotes, I noticed a good amount of my favorite fragrances contain have patchouli.

I was at yankee candles, and purchased their Halloween candle called Witches Brew. Their description for it is: "the spicy sweet aroma of exotic patchouli casts a captivating Halloween spell."

If anyone has smelled it, is there any fragrance that smells like it, or similar to the description? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Patchouli and a Yankee Candle. Help.

If you can test Ice*Men somehow, just wait like 30 mins, it becomes straight up patchouli

Haha yea I have 2 bottles of Ice*men

Blog Entries

Well its the earthy, somewhat green smell. If it smells of earth, its probably got patchouli in it

Doubtful that Yankee Candle's patchouli is any more real than Joan Rivers' face. Seriously, realistic is the term in question since it is possible to have realistic synthetics. 99% of Yankee Candle's fragrances, from my experience, are far from the real thing.

The only realistic fragrance of theirs, in my opinion, is MacIntosh or something simple like peppermint or bayberry (which...duh...probably has natural oils or, by coincidence, are easily mimicked through chemistry).