Code of Conduct

Default GIT flacon vs. GIT flask

I recently purchased a flacon of GIT from creedboutique.com because I like this scent so much. However, when I received it I immediately noticed it was a bit different from the 4oz bottle I purchased from NM about a year ago. The top notes in my 4oz bottle have more lemon and verbena in the top notes and smells effervescent, whereas, the flacon from creedboutique.com doesn't seem to be effervescent at all. It doesn't have that sparkling quality and seems to go straight to the mid notes almost. They both smell great, but I am a little disappointed. Has anyone else experienced this with newer batches of GIT?

Default Re: GIT flacon vs. GIT flask

Call them and tell them, I think that if you do that and send it back they'll send you a new one from a different batch.

I have experienced this with certain flacons in the past. There must have been an issue with it being sealed? I always buy the flask because it is sealed and none of the goodness is tampered with or has escaped. Most often, I find the juice in the flacon week and somewhat evaporated. Is it just me?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I have experienced this with certain flacons in the past. There must have been an issue with it being sealed? I always buy the flask because it is sealed and none of the goodness is tampered with or has escaped. Most often, I find the juice in the flacon week and somewhat evaporated. Is it just me?
    i heard about that, if that is so that is a damn shame. I might just stick to the small botttles then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    Call them and tell them, I think that if you do that and send it back they'll send you a new one from a different batch.
    I would, but I've been decanting into the atomizer I purchased with the flacon. I just filled it for the second time, so I guess I've used approximately 1.7oz already... I guess I can live with it but I do find myself reaching for what's left of my old bottle when I want to make a good impression.

It didn't appear to have leaked during the shipping process, the bottle was completely full. And I don't think it could have been tampered with because I bought directly from creedboutique.com. As for the juice smelling weaker, I don't think it smells weaker, if anything it smells a bit darker and richer. The only thing it lacks is that sparkling trait that you get with the first few minutes after spraying. The only description I can think of is effervescent.

Those guys and their batches... Or maybe it's the age?

Which of their other products vary noticeably?

Neroli Sauvage - this one is either Neroli for hours or seconds, depending on the batch.
    Last edited by adonis; 24th August 2010 at 08:35 AM.

mcckent, I bought GIT from a flacon split purchased originally from Creed directly. The person who I bought from also noted that 20ml of his GIT had spilled and Creed gave him 20ml more. His flacon was still sealed tightly but it had leaked. I had a GIT sample from luckyscent and it was very effervescent on the top notes just like you said (I found it quite amazing). The one from the flacon split just goes into the midnotes very STRONGLY. It seems like the creed flacons are very badly designed and the top notes completely evaporated since it took about 5 days from France to ship to New York then 5 days from New York to get to his house. Maybe creed forgot to put in the top notes because the mid is quite strong?
    Last edited by hypr; 24th August 2010 at 08:43 PM.

I always buy the flask because it is sealed and none of the goodness is tampered with or has escaped. Most often, I find the juice in the flacon week and somewhat evaporated. Is it just me?
    Nope. I feel the same way.

Well I spoke with Louis at the creed boutique in NYC via phone today and explained my dilemma. He said he would call his boss to find out what he could do to rectify the problem. He said that if I hadn't used much they could easily do a swap however since I had used approximately 1.7oz and it was purchased in April he would need to get some kind of approval. It's unfortunate that they can't seem to keep some consistency. If they allow me to swap I would almost want to swap for a 4oz bottle instead of another flacon, which sucks because I spent $150 on that cool atomizer.

I wonder, if I was to buy a flacon from NM instead, would it have the same problem. Has anyone purchased a flacon from NM?