View Poll Results: Dior Eau Savage vs Mugler Cologne

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dior Eau Savage

33 70.21%
  • Mugler Cologne

14 29.79%

Default Dior Eau Savage vs Mugler Cologne

Two great citrus aromatic scents for hot days.
    Which do you prefer?

Default Re: Dior Eau Savage vs Mugler Cologne

I voted Mugler Cologne, because I think it's better balanced. Instead Eau Savage is pure lemon soda!

Both are ranked high among my hot weather favorites, although Mugler Cologne has the more contemporary vibe and Eau Sauvage is the more timelessly classic among these two

For me, Eau Sauvage has better quality. And it smells more sophisticated and classy. So my vote goes for Eau Sauvage!
    Last edited by volley2; 24th August 2010 at 08:17 AM.

Depends on the situation. Eau Sauvage is timeless and classic, whereas Mugler is a good modern scent. I'd use Eau Sauvage for more formal occasions, Mugler for parties and what not.

Eau SavaUge is a classic that has stood the test of time and still is one of the better citrus scents around.
    Mugler cologne is essentially scented water.

Can they even be compared ? Eau Sauvage is a classic Mugler Cologne is a mess

Basenotes Plus

Eau Sauvage by a huge margin.

Eau Sauvage. Timeless.

ES, a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    ES, a no brainer.
    I second this. They can't be compared. While the ES is after spiced water the Mugler Cologne is after scented steam. Both will not work in hot weather.

To become smelly is inevitable. That is my personal definition of "hot". A fragrance can be used to a) try to cover the bad smells or b) connect to the smell in order to drag it in an other direction, a more pleasant one.

Light fresh smells won't do (a) successfully nor do they succeed with (b). The more a fresh scent as citrus will most probably emphasize the contrast between the desired "clean" and what You really smell like.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    I second this. They can't be compared. While the ES is after spiced water the Mugler Cologne is after scented steam. Both will not work in hot weather.

To become smelly is inevitable. That is my personal definition of "hot". A fragrance can be used to a) try to cover the bad smells or b) connect to the smell in order to drag it in an other direction, a more pleasant one.

Light fresh smells won't do (a) successfully nor do they succeed with (b). The more a fresh scent as citrus will most probably emphasize the contrast between the desired "clean" and what You really smell like.
    A EdT can't cover a bad smell. It can worst it! Today here it's 37° and MC works so fine(i'm wearing it for working not for dating or clubbing).
    ES and MC are citrus aromatic scents so they can be compared. Obviously they're different and I prefer MC to ES, because IMO it's longlasting and well-balanced (too much lemon in ES!!). When I bought MC, I tried it together with ES a lot of times, and all times I found MC better.
    I think all these pro ES votes are for Dior name and for the charme of a 60's scent, not for the real smell of the juice(that is not the original but a reformulation).

Quote Originally Posted by paolo74 View Post
    I think all these pro ES votes are for Dior name and for the charme of a 60's scent, not for the real smell of the juice(that is not the original but a reformulation).
    Wrong and hasty assumption. Normal. You must be new.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo74 View Post
    A EdT can't cover a bad smell. It can worst it! Today here it's 37° and MC works so fine(i'm wearing it for working not for dating or clubbing).
    ES and MC are citrus aromatic scents so they can be compared. Obviously they're different and I prefer MC to ES, because IMO it's longlasting and well-balanced (too much lemon in ES!!). When I bought MC, I tried it together with ES a lot of times, and all times I found MC better.
    First time I read someone writing that Eau Sauvage is not well balanced. One can like or dislike Eau Sauvage, but you have to acknowledge it is a masterpiece extremely well blended. Not a case it's still outselling many other flankers after about 50 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    Wrong and hasty assumption. Normal. You must be new.
    I'm in BN from jan 2006, I didn't post a lot, I prefered to read and in all this perioud I saw a kind of reverence for the classicals of the past and for some companies. However it's only what I think but I respect your votes.

I prefer ES.

In any case, both scents are very different.

Eau Sauvage is the winner for me.
    Mugler Cologne is to feminine for my nose.

fountain

the mugler has a slightly generic feel to it, imo, and it does not last. both are nice yet very different.

Eau Sauvage

I Hate Dior... if Dior launched a fragance with that name, i'd buy it. What's all these no brainer about Dior? What's so good with his fragances?

I'm still trying to like any of them (men's line): Dune was shortlived and very faint, fahrenheit is nauseating, dior homme intense... i just don't like the smell, fahrenheit absolute (see above).... Don't know, but i dislike Dior's male fragance line. They don't work well with mi skin, maybe.

Mugler Cologne, though, works perfectly for me. It lasts and projects moderately (OK for hot weather and day by day work). And it's much cheaper!!!

Mugler Cologne is a delight in its own way and uses its synthetic nature to its advantage in order to come across as a futuristic update of the traditional eau de cologne. Eau Sauvage on the other hand is a totally different concept. Its freshness up top belies its herbal and slightly animilic nature below (similar to Eau d'Hermes). On balance though, Eau Sauvage gets my vote. There does seem to be a backlash against Dior recently. Luca Turin was fired from Quest, I believe, for criticising the usurping of Dior's perfume line by accountants. However, I always find that even their flankers are incredibly well blended and usually innovative (Eau sauvage Fraischeur Cuir and Fahrenheit Absolute were blinders!)

I enjoy them both. However, if they somehow ceased to exist tomorrow, Mugler Cologne is the one I'd miss more, so on that basis it gets my vote here.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Dior Eau Savage will NOT stay passed one Second!

I will take Eau Sauvage because of its vetiver note and better citrus top.
    -

Sur la Plage

Mugler - I do not like Eau Sauvage
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Eau Savage, i love it more than mugler cologne. Its a bit more classy, and just smells nice and pleasant overall. Mugler cologne is good too

There's nothing to choose here, ES.

Yikes, not really a fair fight. I'm freshly impressed with the Mugler each time I wear it, but Eau Sauvage is a classic and an icon. Hell, I'll vote Mugler anyway. I get more wear out of it than ES.

Mugler for sure. On really hot days that kind of sheer, soapy scent is just perfect. But I'm just not a big fan of spicy-citrus a la Eau Sauvage, with the exception of Eau d'Orange Vert.

One more for ES here.
    To me, they are very different and of course ES is a must-have classic. It wears beautifully and reacts to my skin temperature in an amazing way. I owned a bottle of MC to use in hot weather and I went through it in a matter of weeks. It didn't last on me at all and others couldn't smell it either. Refreshing yes, but then what?
    ES has enough longevity and sillage on me. I just bought a vintage bottle of splash as a back up.

Mugler Cologne is great, but comparing it to the multiple transformative plots of Eau Sauvage is a little ridiculous.

Mugler Cologne for me.....Gary

DeepSilence

Eau Sauvage is similar warm water for me. Now, under cooler and freezing air my vote is Sauvage