Code of Conduct

Default Any Maestrale edp users out there?

Digging through my mountain of samples (yeah, I'm bored) and came across a vial of Maestrale edp I probably got from Luckyscent a while back. I really kinda like it after sampling it on my arm (at work). It has a kind of creaminess that reminds me a bit of Costume National Homme, only more masculine. Anyone have any experience with this or have sampled it?

Default Re: Any Maestrale edp users out there?

i did sample it once and liked it very much. incredible take on fresher scents. can very safely say theres not many scents out there which is quite like it..

You can not go wrong with this fragrance. It was in my top five for a while. I no longer have this one as I tend to run through fragrances quickly

I bought Maestrale because Jock w/ Scents (if I remember correctly), rated it as his top fragrance -- a few years ago. Be advised that the Luckyscent description kind of refers to it as an oceanic, salt water scent and I never really saw that side of it. It did smell sort of a driftwood drying on the beach maybe, but not oceanic. In fact it reminded me more of a meadow or garden scene in scent more. It is very dry and aromatic woods and spices with a strange rhubarb note. It is very uplifting. I have been contemplating springing for another bottle of it lately. It is very good in summer.

Wow this sounds great! Hopefully I'll get to give this one a try. I'll probably get a sample off Luckyscent if I can
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Thanks for the opinions. There are 2 not so favorable reviews from pretty reliable reviewers in the Basenotes directory but I still can't stop smelling my arm when I apply this. Most of the reviews on the LuckyScent are favorable though. ( I know, it's all up to the individual ).

Price is a bit steep but what the heck, my birthday is coming up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff
    Be advised that the Luckyscent description kind of refers to it as an oceanic, salt water scent and I never really saw that side of it.
    Me neither.

Maestrale is a nice, spicy, summer scent; nevertheless I am not a huge fan of it. It’s pretty aromatic at first (I don’t really like it) and its drydown is not extremely alluring to me, as well; but for the people who like cedar it might be pretty good choice.

I wore it last Saturday (I have a sample, not a bottle). It was around 35°C outside. On that occasion, Maestrale “convinced” me that “it can easily endure” very high temperature.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I like it, but I can see how it might be cedar overload for some.