Code of Conduct

Default I Like This Guy's Style

Much to the delight and dismay of folks around here, he's also a Creed fan.

http://www.whatisjameswearing.com/

Blog Entries

Default Re: I Like This Guy's Style

Hahahahaha! I love it!

Great comments on the Aventus page, too!

Me encanta Creed, siempre con una nueva fragancia exquisita…….
    besos
    Maria
    A modern dandy? Let's hear what Primrose has to say. He looks like he might be able to handle dueling pistols and fisticuffs.

LOL! We need to keep in mind a dandy is not simply defined by his clothes, but his lifestyle and attitude toward life: fine clothes, fine food, the company of witty friends, the companionship of beautiful women. It's his joie de vie and not simply the turn of his cravat and polished shoes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Slightly off-topic, I'd be curious which other contemporary dandies, aside from the chap introduced to us on this thread, are still alive and well today and perfectly manage to combine (without particularly blending in, becoming too generic or hardly distinguishable from unfashionable crowds as well as snobbish but tasteless shopping addicts alike) today's trends and fads with the venerable dandified traditions.

Yeah, I've seen that guy's page floating around. Pretty funny. Very funny actually. I think he's serious about it though.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that guy's page floating around. Pretty funny. Very funny actually. I think he's serious about it though.
    I give him credit for not going the Khakis and Polo route. I like that wide eyelet/grommet Gucci belt he wears.

Last edited by adonis; 31st August 2010 at 07:05 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Interesting website- that guy is funny ! He deos have style though and he's flamboyant ,interesting.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Most so-called dandies just wear designer fashion labels and call themselves stylish. A true dandy does not care about labels and makes his own fashion calls, or even goes bespoke.

Piling on a bunch of designer duds and name-dropping does not a dandy make. He is simply a label-monger.

I like the polish on the shoes. De rigeur!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Far from my cup of tea, but I applaud him for being extravagant, flamboyant and standing out from the crowd. Too few people do, especially men!

eurotrash nobjockey tryhard ..... it is one thing to be naturally eccentric but quite another to be contrived

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    eurotrash nobjockey tryhard
    I'm going to ask the MC to introduce me with that at the next standup comedy gig. Thanks.

I just know, though I'd rather it not be so, that this is face I am going to put to the name of every Creed fanboi that posts here, now.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I don’t get where his style comes into play. He’s almost exclusively wearing Gucci.

I may have mellowed with advanced age, but I think James here is kind of fun. His style is flamboyant and eurotrashy, but I don't see what's so terrible about it.

It's certainly not an effortless or stoic chic look. Otoh, we can't all be moody and restrained in navy and black.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I may have mellowed with advanced age, but I think James here is kind of fun. His style is flamboyant and eurotrashy, but I don't see what's so terrible about it.

It's certainly not an effortless or stoic chic look. Otoh, we can't all be moody and restrained in navy and black.
    Amen. All it takes is some honest appreciation for the variety, colour and entertainment people like him provide, if nothing else. He certainly provokes reactions, that alone makes his style relevant and interesting.

And yes, he seems to be the consummate fashion victim, but combining colours, patterns, shapes and textures well takes some fingerspitzengefühl even if you're wearing all Gucci.

I have never really thought a classic dandy had to wear brand after brand after brand...much less boast about it on a very public way/medium.
    I do however like some pieces, but the on the whole it seems sketchy.

He's a lucky guy. Always in designer treads and he gets to travels the world. Not a bad setup I must say. Where do I apply?

i think this guys blog is awesome, he's definately a dandy.... sorry to hijack thread with another blog.... just thought it wasnt worth making another thread.

http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/

i like his style, also he puts up interesting photos/vids

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Points for effort even if it doesn't always tick the right boxes (case in point: that awful dog-chewed grey suede loafers). And that all-in-brown outfit looks like a page from Fashion Police, lol. Also the 70's retro hairdo could do with a little update. But it doesn't look like James' trying too hard so that's a plus. Overall, interesting & rather fun blog though, I give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

I just know, though I'd rather it not be so, that this is face I am going to put to the name of every Creed fanboi that posts here, now.
    LOL - oh dear oh dear . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Slightly off-topic, I'd be curious which other contemporary dandies, aside from the chap introduced to us on this thread, are still alive and well today and perfectly manage to combine (without particularly blending in, becoming too generic or hardly distinguishable from unfashionable crowds as well as snobbish but tasteless shopping addicts alike) today's trends and fads with the venerable dandified traditions.
    I am hesitant to venture this man is a modern dandy, but he's courageous enough to step out on a limb with his clothes (and makeup). More in the spirit of Oscar Wilde in terms of colour and texture, than the austerity of George Brummell and even the younger Comte d'Orsay. I think McDonald channels the 18th century Macaroni more than the real 19th century dandy, especially with the beauty patch.

http://www.paperstudiopress.com/dandies.htm

Is that a serious or light hearted page because I can't tell
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Is that a serious or light hearted page because I can't tell
    No, he's real, he just doesn't take himself too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Much to the delight and dismay of folks around here, he's also a Creed fan.

http://www.whatisjameswearing.com/
    A kind os snobbish-homeless style ?? not thanks
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2