Code of Conduct

Smile A compliment! I'll take all I can get!

While at the doctor's office the other day getting an EKG (I'm fine), the nurse told me to lift up my shirt so she could stick those things on my chest. She asked me what I had on and said she liked it! It was Epic by Amouage, and is one of those fragrances that are truly wonderful. She remarked how soft it was, but then I had only sprayed a tiny bit as Amouage anything can be overpowering in high quantities. I went home and promptly ordered her a sample of Ubar and will take it to her next week. She's my angel, and deserves the best. I have so many people I wish I could give presents to, but my finances must be watched -- as they fly towards yet another online vendor, lol. With the time I have remaining in this life (a supposedly incurable disease), I want to surprise as many people as I can with a little bit of luxury. I gave all my samples of the Xerjoff for ladies to a woman I had never met, someone who had a hard life and needed to feel - and smell - special. She loved them. Trust me ladies and gentlemen, I wish I had a store of fabulous fragrances and could give everybody anything they wanted. One can always dream...

Default Re: A compliment! I'll take all I can get!

Congrats on the compliments MikeD.....This is a wonderful story and I feel the kindness coming from Your heart.....The people that You come in contact with are very fortunate indeed.....There are very few like You left in this selfish world.....You are in my thoughts and prayers.....Gary

Respect to you, MikeD!

Mike, you tryna have us in tears man? :-) Nah. Mike, I hope you're with us until pigs fly. :-) And compliments are great. You can never have too many. I happen to have lyric on my right hand. I still have quite a bit of my Epic sample left. It's nice, but beside that awesome Reflection...it gets no attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Mike, you tryna have us in tears man? :-) Nah. Mike, I hope you're with us until pigs fly. :-) And compliments are great. You can never have too many. I happen to have lyric on my right hand. I still have quite a bit of my Epic sample left. It's nice, but beside that awesome Reflection...it gets no attention.
    Reflection is also a favorite of mine as well! Have you tried the Opus series yet? Opus I is quite feminine and I gave it to my daughter-in-law. Opus II and Opus III are much more masculine and show me that Amouage is branching out, using different noses, rearranging the position of their beloved silver frankincense, and becoming quite a bit more modern. Gold is a masterpiece, as well as Silver, but their newer scents are just wonderful and many are full bottle worthy.

Blog Entries

You're a good man, Mike D! Compliment deserved!

(And Epic IS a most awesome scent!)

"I want to surprise as many people as I can with a little bit of luxury. I gave all my samples of the Xerjoff for ladies to a woman I had never met, someone who had a hard life and needed to feel - and smell - special. She loved them. Trust me ladies and gentlemen, I wish I had a store of fabulous fragrances and could give everybody anything they wanted. One can always dream... "
    Good deeds you have done. Good deeds indeed.

One must assume that there are people out there whose budgets, time, knowledge, & other resources are far from the levels of many Basenoters, yet who most probably have a love for fine fragrance as much as we do. In a sense, they are fragrance starved.

To give such gifts and donations is a noble cause that has gone unrecognized for far too long. I encourage someone reading this who may have more resources, power, or leadership to create some sort of charitable organization to address this need, even if the "organization" is something as simple as a bunch of Basenoters pooling their resources to ship a box (or more) of frag samples to trustworthy organizations that come in contact with those who would appreciate them (e.g. church-organized care packages for the homeless, battered women's shelters, etc.) as long as the organization agrees to get the frags to those most in need.

Fragrance can give a little humanity in an inhumane world.

Wishes of good health!

No Mike, I havent tried the Opus series. So far I've tried Jubilation, Epic, Dia, Lyric, and Reflection. My next sample batch will include Tribute and Homage. I do want to try Gold as well. I hope they're all as good as folx claim...

To give such gifts and donations is a noble cause that has gone unrecognized for far too long. I encourage someone reading this who may have more resources, power, or leadership to create some sort of charitable organization to address this need, even if the "organization" is something as simple as a bunch of Basenoters pooling their resources to ship a box (or more) of frag samples to trustworthy organizations that come in contact with those who would appreciate them (e.g. church-organized care packages for the homeless, battered women's shelters, etc.) as long as the organization agrees to get the frags to those most in need.

Fragrance can give a little humanity in an inhumane world.[/QUOTE]
    Thank you Sensual, you just gave me a great idea. I realize we are members from all parts of the world, but one person can change things in a positive direction in their own cities. We have several shelters for women who have been abused or injured seriously -- both physically and emotionally. Their self respect is probably quite low, and most can only dream of looking beautiful or smelling like a glorious spring morning. Why have I been so selfish in this regard? Samples don't cost a great deal, and even a full size bottle or two as a prize if their name is drawn, for example, could lift someone out of their distress and help them think of something besides their troubles. When I can, I am going to do this in my city. Counselors are necessary, preachers should offer good spiritual advice, law enforcement should step in when they can, but who helps the haggard woman who thinks she will never be worth anything? It's only an accessory, but smelling good can work wonders on self esteem.

Doing good deeds is a great thing, i gave a bottle and samples to a friend and he enjoyed them. It feels great to contribute every now and then.

man, you made me :'(

Blog Entries

there is nothing more important than simple acts of kindness. bravo to you MikeD for doing what few people ever do. you never know how important a simple act of kindness can mean to someone

i salute u my friend. I wish there were more people in the world with your kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity. God Bless

Ok so i'm crying now, just kidding........kinda. You are truly a wonderful person. You showed kindness to someone who simply said they liked your fragrance. The world needs many more people like you. Unfortunatly, when the greats come along, the mold is usually broken!

Banned

you sound like a good chap, MikeD. best of luck to you and your health.

Great work Mikey. Good to hear stories like this from good men.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Plus

Great idea! Spread da love ( & great smells), people!

Your a good man , with a good heart. I will pray for you .