Code of Conduct

Default What are your thoughts on Givenchy Pour Homme?

Hey guys. I have Givenchy Pour Homme, and i actually really like it. Ive noticed that i could wear it in alot of different occasions and settings and times, and although girls have not gone crazy when they smell like like when im wearing something like Armani Code or Burberry Brit, i do have girls give me the casual "oh you smell good!" everytime i hug a girl. I really like this fragrance. Is it cause im an amateur to fragrances or is this thing good in yours guys opinions to?

Default Re: What are your thoughts on Givenchy Pour Homme?

lol. no one has tried it?

Givenchy PH is nice fresh, woody, spicy fragrance. It really struck a cord on me and I was considering having it in my collection until I figured out why I really liked Boss in motion black wich I already own - it is a stronger, fuller version of Givenchy PH. Givenchy PH has this dose of elegance if you ask me, but unfortunately it has a projection problem in my opinion. Blue label is more synth but adds up on projection and longevity. If I had to choose between PH and Blue Label edition, I'd choose PH. Givenchy PH is one of those that is simply not a hype, but that doesn't make it an unworthy fragrance. I myself own and enjoy many - on this site underrated - fragrances, and mind you - exactly those got me most compliments (Azzaro Onyx/Silver Black, Cerruti PH, Versace PH, Boss in motion black etc.)

Givenchy PH is highly available fragrance almost anywhere and you should give it a shot.

I also like the way it smells, and have had it my collection for years. I think you might like it.

Wear what you like, and don`t care to much about others opinion..

Actually, I liked it but first- please excuse my fragrance-related incompetence, inexperience and/or olfactory fatigue- oddly, I could hardly tell it apart from Boss Bottled (which I like anyway, so it was no major impediment to start liking Givenchy PH)

Very underrated frag IMO. I don't care much about versatility, I buy what smells good.
    Givenchy PH is very safe, some might call it boring, so maybe that's why you're not getting as many compliments as you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Actually, I liked it but first- please excuse my fragrance-related incompetence, inexperience and/or olfactory fatigue- oddly, I could hardly tell it apart from Boss Bottled (which I like anyway, so it was no major impediment to start liking Givenchy PH)
    They're nothing alike! Olfactory fatigue is to blame then

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius32 View Post
    some might call it boring
    I would.

But if you like it, that's all that matters.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 25th August 2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Average. Not much to get excited about. But if it works for you, then that's fine.

yeah it is very underrated in my opinion. and i wouldnt call it to boring either. it has alot of different qualities. its sweet, but spicy. its fresh, but woody. i think its great. wore it today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    yeah it is very underrated in my opinion. and i wouldnt call it to boring either. it has alot of different qualities. its sweet, but spicy. its fresh, but woody. i think its great. wore it today
    This is what matters jonny. If you like it, wear it and enjoy it. Fragrance is more about personal enjoyment than anything else. I have tried Blue Label. I thought it was nice, but ultimately not bottle worthy in my already aquatic heavy wardrobe. I have never tried Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    This is what matters jonny. If you like it, wear it and enjoy it. Fragrance is more about personal enjoyment than anything else. I have tried Blue Label. I thought it was nice, but ultimately not bottle worthy in my already aquatic heavy wardrobe. I have never tried Pour Homme.
    hmm. i suggest u give it a try. its not aquatic. though it has the grapefuit and tangerine, its not really citrusy either. its more just FRESH, but it also has the woods with cedar and coriander and vetiver

i know this is going to make zero sense at all, but this picture perfectly symbolizes this frgrance

its fresh, yet seductively in a very manly, "gentalmanly" way.

I once started a thread about Givenchy PH last year. I would say it is a safe choice, wich is not bad, but I wouldn't say it's boring. I no longer find it a hype and is no longer high on my list but it's still in the back of my head as an open option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I once started a thread about Givenchy PH last year. I would say it is a safe choice, wich is not bad, but I wouldn't say it's boring. I no longer find it a hype and is no longer high on my list but it's still in the back of my head as an open option.
    I remember that thread. I'm not so bent on getting a full bottle, but I would not mind swapping for it. Or at least getting it on a good deal.

Givenchy pour Homme smells quite nice to me, but I think its something I would have appreciate more when I was younger.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Like the posters above said. Safe...

It is however a nice scent. Just nothing out of the ordinary. I would go with Givenchy Vetiver.

I can't get passed the stupied bottles Givenchy uses these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I remember that thread. I'm not so bent on getting a full bottle, but I would not mind swapping for it. Or at least getting it on a good deal.

Givenchy pour Homme smells quite nice to me, but I think its something I would have appreciate more when I was younger.
    Good memory!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    This is what matters jonny. If you like it, wear it and enjoy it. Fragrance is more about personal enjoyment than anything else.
    Excellent advice from Tarheel Golfer, and I could not improve on the thought. Wearing a fragrance is a personal pleasure and a way to rejoice when you find interest and fun in a scent that anyone else doesn't "get."
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

This is quite possibly the most boring, generic and uninteresting fragrance I own. Another fresh, fruity fragrance with no personality.

In honesty, when I wore it, I thought it was half a scent. I liked the red wine barrel smell it had, but I couldn't get enough of it and was disappointed that it was that way. It was half of what I want in a scent, and thus even as its wearer I had to hunt for it.

That's my taste and experience though, and when what its balance is works for someone else, that's what the range of available scents is good for.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.