Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD: Wednesday, August 25

Happy Wednesday to all, and Happy Birthday to our favorite dragon, Riannon! :-)

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, August 25

Happy Birthday Riannon !.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Happy birthday to Puff the Magic Dragon; we love you!

Today, I was in the mood for something bombastic

... as always!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday to those celebrating!

SotD is Ladyboy by Gorilla Perfumes.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Guerlain's Vol de Nuit old Parfum, spicy-resinous-earthy and darkly aromatic like the inside of an old mahogany closet. It's powdery to a near-carnal degree, and very tenacious.

Hello all. Creed Santal Imperial, its an older mature vintage bottle too.
    DONNA

Yesterday we had a storm here on the Swedish westcoast, this morning gray sky and rain.
    Ill try to keep warm, strong and sweet in Soir de Lune.
    Have a good wednesday everybody!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Wednesday, August 25

Happy Birthday Riannon

Jean - François Laporte

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Route du Vétiver ( Original Formula )
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 25th August 2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

I'm off to bed on the left coast of USA wearing Zibeline vintage EDT.
    To all those getting up, have a great hump day.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Many happy returns to Riannon!

I was planning to wear Coromandel again today, as yesterday, but then considered a different Chanel to stay with the house but ring a change. I couldn't make up my mind, and eventually decided I wasn't in the mood to tolerate the topnotes of the Chanels in my wardrobe.

So here I am in TEA FOR TWO , by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti for l'Artisan.

Notes include smoky tea, woods, spices, ginger and honey, cinnamon, green anise.

Now this has topnotes I could live with all day. Fortunately it gets even better, so I'm in for a treat as the day goes on. Why don't I wear this more often? A BNer whose name escapes me used to have a signature which read 'So many perfumes, so little skin.'

And why do I always think TforT is by Patricia de Nicholai? The best time I've had on Basenotes was when we did the month of women perfumers a couple of years ago. I managed to wear a different woman perfumer every day for a month, and sometimes more than one, and it was a blast. I have a spreadsheet to remind what I wore and by whom it was created, which is just as well.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

I'm wearing Fracas today.

I'm so happy to be back in one of my favourites! The weather has cooled, the light has changed, the leaves are beginning to turn. I'm in 24, Faubourg and it's glorious. Orange blossom and honey and jasmine and amber and all good things.

Have a good one, all!

Sur la Plage

Good morning everyone! My SOTD is Parfums DelRae Bois de Paradis. Happy Birthday Riannon!

Notes include citrus, French rose, blackberry, fig, spices, woods, and amber.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Happy Birthday, Riannon!

Today I am wearing:
    J'adore l'absolu

Happy Wednesday
    Happy Birthday to RIANNON

Yesterday it was a surprised day for me!!I received a package ,out of the blue ,containing many decants and samples!
    It came from Atlanta GA,and includes many samples of Insence series mostly I am not aware of the sender...but he/she make me so happy
    Today i wear Comme des Garcons Insence Zagorsk:This is an oriental woody one
    Zagorsk is light, a bit melancholic fragrance, the smell of Russian monasteries placed in endless snowy Russian planes, the odor of light birch and dark pine tree woods, and northern red forest fruits. The main notes of this composition are white frankincense, pine tree, red hot chilly pepper, violet, cedar, iris, Hinoki cypress and birch.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Happy Birthday Riannon!

Sestra, I think that quote is in VM_I_hate_civet's sig.

My sample trawl continues with Bigarade Concentree. I still prefer the shorter-lived Cologne Bigarade, but it's nice to get a blast of orange through my cold.

Happiest of birthdays to our Dutch Dragonlady! Big kisses and stroopwafels to you!

I am in the glorious skankorama that is Miller Harris L'Air de Rien today. No school, so no embarrassing moments when picking up Small and wafting around the aroma equivalent of 'the walk of shame'. This is a 'take me now!' fragrance if ever I smelled one. Hoorah! And it's a sunny day.

So I'm off to do the laundry while smelling like I'd rather be off in a haystack with Johnny Depp. (Well, yeah! I can dream.)
    x

Oh by the way, yesterday I sampled Belle d'Opium and almost cried. How can they even hint that this very average thing is related to the great and glorious O?
    Last edited by Wordbird; 25th August 2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: I remembered I tried something. It wasn't nice.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Trollop alert!

I must find my sample of L'Air de Rien
    Last edited by Sestra; 25th August 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling, as usual
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, dear Riannon!

I hope you are having a beautiful day!

La Maison de la Vanille's Vanille Noire du Mexique for me today.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wearing Angel today.

Original 70's Givenchy III - Eau de Parfum

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO RAINNON

I'm in Midnight Poison today.

Baldessarini.

Happy Birthday, Riannon!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I'm wearing a dab of Balsamo della Mecca by Profumo.it this morning.

Happy Birthday, Riannon!

Good Morning All. SOTD is Banana Republic's 'W'

Hello everyone, and Happy Birthday to Riannon - wishing you all the best the world has to offer!

I'm in my favorite Gucci this morning, the original Gucci No.1, vintage parfum and edt.

Y'all have a fantastic day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

For my favorite Dragon Day of the year -- Lalique Le Parfum, she knows why. Neither Jicky, nor Hadrien Noir is currently present among my decants.

Would your Dragon Highness show up more often on the boards, or you need a special invitation engraved in gold and beads? Consider it done! And I pray thee: say to me not nay.

You smell gorgeous, Wolfie!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy Birthday Riannon

AM: Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    PM: Fourreau Noir by Serge Lutens

Blog Entries

Today I'm continuing what I started last night and sampling the Gorilla perfumes samples Pia generously sent me, and jotting down my impressions for a later blog post. Right now I have Cocktail on my left wrist and B Scent on my right.

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Pleasures by Estee Lauder today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Sweet rose with a hefty dose of cinnamon - yummmmmm. YR Rose Absolute

Blog Entries

Mitsouko by Guerlain.

Happy Birthday Riannon!

Wearing Dune and making Plum Jam.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I'm off to the eye doctor this morning wearing Dior Addict. I've put off getting glasses for so long

Sending happy birthday wishes to Riannon

Petra, plum jam? YUM!

Basenotes Institution

Azzaro Elixir by Azzaro (first time from a decant - thanks J!)

Well, the natural scent comparison my nose is making is London for Men by Burberry, but it has a strong ambery base that keeps giving me whiffs similar to Costume National Pour Homme and/or Fahrenheit Absolute minus the oud.

This, I'm thinking, might smell better on me in the Fall.

Just a spritz of Dolce Vita as I have 2 meetings today.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    For my favorite Dragon Day of the year -- Lalique Le Parfum, she knows why. Neither Jicky, nor Hadrien Noir is currently present among my decants.

Would your Dragon Highness show up more often on the boards, or you need a special invitation engraved in gold and beads? Consider it done! And I pray thee: say to me not nay.
    Thank you all for your birthday wishes and really beautiful dragon cakes and pictures. It feels like old times again

Ah, Twolfie my dear, I have been on Facebook for months now but I promise I will show up more often here. Really!
    This dragon does not need special invitations, just kindness and friendship

The day started with Ungaro II,
    birthday gift from a very special friend but for the evening it will be Jicky

Have a wonderful day all and please, have some cake!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Happy Birthday, Riannon!

I'm scent twins with mel_lou today in Hermes 24, Faubourg. Love this one! Plus I'm wearing a dress I haven't fit into in years!

If by Apothia.

I had to see what all the hoop-la was about.

I am not fond of it at first spray but the dry down is very nice. Has a very clean smell and great sillage.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Quote Originally Posted by mountainear View Post
    Happy Birthday, Riannon!

I'm scent twins with mel_lou today in Hermes 24, Faubourg. Love this one! Plus I'm wearing a dress I haven't fit into in years!
    Congratulations on your dress and your excellent perfume choice, mountainear!

And happy birthday to Rhiannon.

It's going to be 106 degrees F here today, so I'm in the ultra-refreshing Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermes.

Happy Birthday, Riannon!! I hope you're having a splendid one.

Guerlain Sous le Vent. I applied it quite lavishly today and I must say, I smell wonderful!

A very Happy Birthday to you, dear Riannon!
    I hope you are having a truly beautiful day!

I´m wearing Jicky too, to celebrate your special day.

Oopsie - that dragon looks more like a mousie eating cake...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Finally decided on my SotD. Very hot here, but I'm wearing Shaal Nur anyway. :-)

Happy Birthday, Riannon!

So... I started out today (root canal day, oh joy) in a little spritz of Bulgari Black... and for "comfort" this afternoon, I'm in Aramis 900. Nice blast of rosewood in the top, and a bit of a floriental to the heart.) What a nice scent for an unintended day off, lazing about on the back patio (in the cool breeze break from temps in the 100s) with a sore jaw and under the influence of pain meds!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Happiest of birthdays Riannon!

I am smelling great today in Aedes de Venustas!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Happy today and many days hereafter, dear, sweet Riannon

This is where you spray scent on a dragon.

Trying to be calm in Cadjmere 18, but people are driving me nuts, and there aren't enough hours in a day. If I don't post for a few days, that's just me dealing with demands. Argh.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good Evening

My trip to incense world continues:
    Tonight ,i am testing Incense Series by Comme des Garcons:Quarazate:
    This is an unisex oriental woody but it includes sweet berries and jasmine along with spices and anise!I think,i enjoy this one most of these series

Ouarzazate (to be pronounced as 'war-za-zat') meaning 'the Desert Fire', is devoted to Islam and named after a small historical town of Ouarzazate in Morroco. Ouarzazate brings the smell of precious sweet and intensive Arabian spices and aromatic desert plants. The fragrance becomes milder on skin. The grassy note of sage, a herb that Morroco is known for, wriggles through the spaces, calming pepper and nutmeg, and opening the space for mysterious frankincense.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Happy Birthday Riannon!!!
    A blend of Wall Street and Central Park by Bond No.9
    Gary

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

My scent of the evening is the divine Dioressence - vintage Eau de Toilette.

Happy Birthday Riannon! I hope your birthday is a splendid one!

SOTD: Chanel Allure EDP

Still working my way through some birthday samples - this evening a third wearing of Chanel's Bois des Iles. I am on to something here, after a year of intense trials and many, many errors, I am finally honing into what works for me. This one is special, and a full bottle will be mine shortly. I'm not one for searching for vintage anything, but I could very well do some searching for all concentrations and incarnations of this one scent. This one makes me rethink everything.

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere.

I have several meetings today on my new job, so this lovely stuff will not offend those who don't know me.

(My apologies for the many edits. For some reason, I am totally unable to post pics, despite Sophi's best efforts)
    Last edited by coopmom; 26th August 2010 at 02:52 AM.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Swathed in Armani Mania all day.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

D&G Light Blue

Ineke After my own heart. It's a gorgeous lilac scent.
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

Happy Birthday Riannon!

I'm scent twins with Kiliwia today. I'm wearing Pleasures.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Happy Birthday Riannon!!!

(((Actiasluna))) I hope you feel better soon! Visits to the dentist are icky.

Today I wore RL Notorious, just because it was there.
    Evenstar