Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default NEW: Narciso Rodriguez for Him EdP.

(MFfan310 drools)

From The Moodie Report: "The masculine fragrance is composed around a heart of musk, offset by notes of iris and pink berries."

Available in September... I am psyched already.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: NEW: Narciso Rodriguez for Him EdP.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    (MFfan310 drools)

From The Moodie Report: "The masculine fragrance is composed around a heart of musk, offset by notes of iris and pink berries."

Available in September... I am psyched already.
    Me too
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I just tried NR for him the other day and this one is without question not for me, but yet I must still applaud them for releasing an EdP of it. I wish more men's frags would release EdP concentrations, it seems like we get crapped on for having guy parts.

Dependent

A must try for me. the EDT is one of my faves currently. Quite excited to see how this turns out....

I'm in line right behind ya Matthew!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Ah! I'm such a sucker for NR for Him.
    As I write this I'm waiting patiently for the postman to deliver my bottle of NR Musc for Him!!

Oh yes!!! Narcisso for him is maybe my Favorite of all my Collection! Greart Scent, cool, strong, sexy, impressing. Can't wait for the Perfume!!!

I'm looking forward to this but at the same time I'm thinking, do we really need an EDP? The EDT has more than enough longevity and sillage.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 14th July 2009 at 01:46 AM.

If anyone has pix of the new bottle for this edp, please post away!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I'm looking forward to this but that the same time I'm thinking, do we really need an EDP of this? The EDT has more than enough longevity and sillage than I need.
    I definitely agree that it doesn't need to be any stronger. Hopefully its only an EDP because of the inclusion of a higher percentage of natural oils (some cheapies perhaps like pink pepper). I'm just curious to see where they take the composition now that it'll have pink pepper and iris. First thing that came to mind is M.Micallef's White Sea.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Sur la Plage

I guess musk fragrances will be the new "in" for fall - this along with the Tom Ford releases.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Agreed NR does not need to be made stronger - let's just hope this diffrent rework -

So is this a new scent with different notes or the same as the EDT but in an EDP?? me confused....

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I guess musk fragrances will be the new "in" for fall - this along with the Tom Ford releases.
    It's funny you mentioned that -I was thinking the same thing!

Wasn't leather the "in" thing last fall/winter? Or was there just a greater influx of Everso's rants last fall??

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Agreed NR does not need to be made stronger - let's just hope this diffrent rework -
    I am hoping it is more a rework.... considering NR for Her EDP is quite different to the EDT scent-wise IMO. *Fingers Crossed*

oh interesting i thought till now that there is an edp version with "musc for him".
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    oh interesting i thought till now that there is an edp version with "musc for him".
    Nope, that's actually an oil based perfume. It's a totally different creature than the EDT. I really hope the EDP is a whole new approach, a la Chanel No. 5 in all of its iterations. I absolutely love musc for him, and would love to see the EDP fall closer to it than the EDT.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I'm so excited. I love Narciso! Yay!

Exciting.....Gary

NR For Him is one of my favorite scents, I can't wait to try this. I'm interested to see a different take on the same scent.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Default Narciso for him musc edp

Anyone try this new limited edition offering from Narciso Rodriguez..I know SAKS NY has a exclusive on it...

Default Re: Narciso for him musc edp

Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    Anyone try this new limited edition offering from Narciso Rodriguez..I know SAKS NY has a exclusive on it...
    NR Musc for Him has been discussed here in the past. BTW, it's not exclusive to Sak's. Proof:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2951928?...n=coordinating

I haven't sampled it in a couple of years, but I recall it was a nice musk that stayed close to the skin. A bit pricey for what it is, and a touch synthetic (but then, what musk isn't?).
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Sur la Plage

Are you referring to the new "Narciso Rodriguez for Him Eau de Parfum"? I have not seen it yet. I thought I remember reading it was due out September 1st.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 16th August 2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

yes the brand new limited edition spray him

Basenotes Institution

This is news for me, I didn't know this was coming out.

The EdT is so strong already, I hope the EdP isn't more powerful.

Hello, newbie on the board here. As someone who used to only wear woodsier colognes, I wanted to find a fresh summer scent, so I went to Saks.

This cologne pretty much sold itself. From someone who really, really doesn't like sweet fragrances, the opening has a very subtle berry smell but is perfectly balanced by the fresh musc scent, which keeps its masculinity. I love it, and I couldn't find it anywhere online, so unfortunately I had to pay the premium for it at Saks, but I liked it so much that I couldn't wait months before being able to buy it elsewhere. Definitely try it out!

How much did it cost ya LateBloomer? Btw welcome aboard!

Ok - I think the OP was referring to the limited edition Narciso Rodriguez EDP. I was at Saks yesterday with the GF and my favorite SA showed me the hidden tester for the EDP (they'd apparently only gotten a few and were sold out). It's apparently not hugely expensive (far less than the musc), but just really limited production. It smells like a combination of the EDT and the oil perfume (i.e. FABULOUS). I told her to hold a bottle of it if they got another shipment. It's quite nice. The bottle is a small version of the EDT, but with shiny silver elements rather than just gray.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 30th August 2009 at 03:04 AM.

Sur la Plage

I think I heard the price was ~ $55.

She said she thought it was around ~$85, but I'd be much more please for 55. It really will please any lover of either NR for him or the musc for him. GF even really liked it on paper (she rarely likes anything on paper).

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I tried the new limited edition EdP. I think it was much closer to $55 than $85 for the 50ml (which I got) , but they also had a 75 ml bottle. Strange, the release date is Sep 1 but I got this over a week ago. The sales lady at Saks said they had just got it. I got the last box they had....lucky me. I bought the smaller one because I thought I'd rarely rotate it in with my Creeds, but I've been using it almost every day.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Back to the OP's question, there IS a Musc for Him, and is available at Nordstrum @ $155.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2951928?...n=coordinating

I saw this at the Chicago Nordies, but had my musc quota full and cannot understand why i didn't sample it
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

So, to clarify things, we have For Him edt, the musc oil, and a-soon-to-be released edp version? Or are there going to be two new releases for men this fall from Narciso?
    Last edited by graffham; 9th September 2009 at 12:14 PM.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    So, to clarify things, we have For Him, the musc oil, and soon-to-be released edp version? Or are there going to be two new releases for men this fall from Narciso?
    The edp version is out now & retails @ $80.00.
    Don't know of any newer one coming this fall for men or women.

Sur la Plage

I tried this at Saks recently and then received a bottle in a trade today. The box says "Narciso Rodriguez for Him Musc Collection Eau de Parfum".

I really like this a lot. The top notes are not as "in your face" as the EDT and overall it is more subdued. Longevity is very good. The bottle is cool also - and very heavy.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd September 2009 at 09:15 PM.

The top notes are not as "in your face" as the EDT and overall it is more subdued.
    *Crossing off my to-try list*.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

....The top notes are not as "in your face" as the EDT and overall it is more subdued....
    Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    *Crossing off my to-try list*.
    *banging head on the wall for not sampling when seen*
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I bought the new Musc Collection EdP yesterday, and it is a true pleassure. Seems to be closer to the wonderful Musc Oil, with a very soft, airy feel but still with the Narciso stamp of incredible heavy, urban coolness and melancholy. Not as harsh as the EdT (which I totally love btw), especially the opening of the EdT. Super sophisticated.
    And it seems to be wearable also in warmer weather, which was not so enjoyable with the EdT sometimes.

Great and highly recommended!!! A very unique Masterpiece, like already the For Him EdT and the legendary Musc Oil.
    Last edited by YourSound; 10th September 2009 at 09:20 AM.

not available online anywhere??
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

Does this new musc edp ever get fecal or show any fecal like notes like the edt sometimes does?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

So it has been out for a while now, what's your verdict? If you adore Musc For Him (oil) but dislike For Him EdT, is it still worth trying to find the EdP and get a sniff of it? The notes doesn't seem to have much in common with either the oil or the EdT - still I've read somewhere it smells like a mix of the two...
    Last edited by irrbloss; 11th September 2009 at 02:24 PM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    So it has been out for a while now, what's your verdict? If you adore Musc For Him (oil) but dislike For Him EdT, is it still worth trying to find the EdP and get a sniff of it? The notes doesn't seem to have much in common with either the oil or the EdT - still I've read somewhere it smells like a mix of the two...
    It has been discussed here: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...hlight=narciso

Is the new EdP worth trying if you dislike the EdT but love the Musc For Him oil?

Sur la Plage

Is the new EdP worth trying if you dislike the EdT but love the Musc For Him oil?

IMO, yes! It seems to me to be more like the oil then the EDT (I like the EDT though).

Definately worth trying. I tried this today, and was immediately reminded of the Musc Oil. I like the original but do agree it can be too heavy at times, and the Musc EDP for him is the perfect remedy. I missed out on the oil so I definately hope to pick this one up!

I found and sampled it today. I wasn't very impressed. It's ok, but nothing special. I much prefer the oil over this.

Where can such a thing be purchased? I would buy this blind if I could just find a source.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Where can such a thing be purchased? I would buy this blind if I could just find a source.
    My SA at Saks said their original supply went fast (and they'd moved the tester to under the counter), but she did say they expected more to come in. I would imagine that after a period of time, it'll be a bit easier to get at the Saks counter.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    My SA at Saks said their original supply went fast (and they'd moved the tester to under the counter), but she did say they expected more to come in. I would imagine that after a period of time, it'll be a bit easier to get at the Saks counter.
    Curses! No Saks in Utah. Any chance they offer this for sale on their website?
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

hope to try this soon
    Last edited by chaosman; 1st October 2009 at 11:14 PM.

ok, tried this today.....only a couple of sprays to my arm, but am I the only one who gets that "make-up bag" vibe, similar to Dior Homme? Still undecided about this, as I get the cool, sexiness of it, but can't help feeling that it's a bit fem!

ok, after a full wearing, the 'make-up bag' vibe became more like the 'wet cement' vibe, but there is something about this that just gets to me......something so sexy in the drydown....I'm beginning to like it in a freaky sort of way, and might just end up buying a bottle...
    Last edited by Str8_SHAVER; 25th September 2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: update...

I went to Saks at lunch in hopes that my SA had tucked one aside for me. Unfortunately, they hadn't received any. She has no idea if/when they'll be getting more either. If they do come in, she promised to put one aside... got my fingers crossed. Ended up getting an Vanilla & Anise for me and a No. 5 Eau Premiere for the GF.

To answer a few threads, first of all...its more like the Musc Oil than the EDT. I love both, but this is bloody divine! I love it, its soooo subtly sexy.

And the Vanilla and Ainse is good! Pomegranate Noir is my personal favourite, but all Jo Malone is good stuff!

No one knows of a source for this right now?

Basenotes Institution

I just spoke to an SA at Saks Boston (where I smelled it on vacation) - he said they only got 3 bottles and they're not getting any more in. It was a limited release.

Wow.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

bump- no one knows a source for this?

Oh hot damn - my SA got 3 more bottles in a few days ago and put one aside for me. I'm going to pick it up on Friday during their Tom Ford event (they'll be demoing the White Musk Collection), at a 10% discount because of the F&F sale, no less. I'm very pleased!

Just tried the EdP today. Kind of disappointed...!

To my nose, the only commonality it shares with the EdT is the musk base and perhaps a touch of violets. Otherwise, the EdP is another beast entirely. The prominent notes I got were (as mentioned on the bottle) iris and pink berries. The overall impression is a clean and slightly powdery red berry note (slightly bitter and barely sweet at all) over the usual musk base of both the EdT and the Musc oil.

I really like it, but I much, much prefer the oil, which I tried today for the first time (and was blown away by it). I got a bit of the oil on my hand and couldn't help sniffing it all night - it's exactly what I wanted - a version of the EdT without any sharp or powdery egdes. Just smooth, magnetic and clean musk.

Either way, the whole line is just amazing. Now that the EdP has come along, I think everyone can find a variation of Narciso's "egyption musk" that they like.

Just to revive an old thread and to express my love for this fragrance (the entire line actually, EDT, EDP, Musc Oil). This line makes me question why I even wear other fragrances at all, lol… but then I wake up and realize I enjoy variety, but honestly, sometimes I wear NR for 2-3 days in a row ( I NEVER do this with any of my other fragrances).

I love the EDT. The top is a bit harsh, but after an hour or so it fades and evolves into an incredibly appealing scent. “the way a man should smell” is how I would describe it. Natural. Musky, but I almost get this semi-gourmand toasted almond accord to it. I should say, this is super super SEMI-gourmand. But every so often I get an almond/nutty feel from it.

The EDP is my favorite. The top fungal/harshness is gone, replaced by a floral berry accord. Nice, but I like the heart & base the most. That same warm, sensual musc with this almond/nutty feel I get. Just wonderful.

The Musc Oil is awesome. I enjoy this for myself all the time. Just for myself. Like before going to bed, I’ll dab a little on my wrist just to smell as I fall asleep. I think the Musc Oil would be my favorite except, it has little to no silage/projection. That, and it fades into a skin scent within a few hours. So I don’t use this as a ‘going out’ scent, rather just for me in small doses to smell for myself. So warm and comforting.

This entire line has kind of fallen off the map here on BN a bit. Not so much attention as before but I must say, if I had to choose one scent to wear for the rest of my life at gun-point. It would be the NR line.

not enough talk about tthis AWSOME fragrance!