Code of Conduct

Default Bruno Acampora, what are your thoughts on these pricey perfumes?

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ..._Acampora.html

The line is advertised above and they are quite pricey for the amount given. Have you tried these and if yes then what are your thoughts on them?

I'm especially intrigued by the Jasmine so please write a review of this one.

I'm on a crusade for niche perfumes recently so lets see what are peoples views on this line

cheers!
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Bruno Acampora, what are your thoughts on these pricey perfumes?

I, likewise, am very curious about the jasmine. However, the price per ml is so high I would have to be relocated to jasmine heaven by it to justify a purchase.

The correct volume of air in each phial LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really thought there would be more thought on these perfumes!
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

I'm skeptical about most things, including these, for the following reasons:

1.) Normal air contains bacteria which may break down the product causing spoilage.
    2.) Anaerobic bacteria might also contaminate and break down the product causing spoilage. I'm not a biochemist by trade, so I could be wrong.
    3.) Just because it's existed for 30 years doesn't make it good.
    4.) Cork doesn't always work to keep things fresh, just ask any vintner. Also, I've had bad experiences with cork where it shears off at the lip of the bottle. This will be frustrating.

On a good note: These are oils. You can dilute them to make fragrances with better projection, sillage, and practicality. This also may make that $175 stretch further.

They really need to be reviewed here on Basenotes.

Basenotes Institution

When I was in New York I spotted this brand is a handful of fragrance places (Bergdorf Goodman, New London Pharmacy, Aedes and Henri Bendels). Whomever is handling the Bruno Acampora marketing is doing a good job.

I managed to snag a sample of Iranzol at New London Pharmacy and I am wearing it as I type this.

Just a tiny dab (on 3 spots on my right arm) are very strong and vividly project the scent - which I would describe as powdery, green (resinous) and a bit soapy (geranium?). They remind me of the smell of terra cotta pots, that mixture of clay and dirt that earthenware achieves when it's been sitting in the sun. Weird, but that's the mental image I get when I smell this. From afar it's very powdery, which is my least favorite part. Up close, it's more rough. The sandalwood is neither creamy or particularly smooth - very cedar-ish. (yawn)

Sort of reminds me of the D.S. & Durga line of scents - no holds barred, very natural (smelling) and sometimes harshly blended. Not a bad thing but the price ($175 - 10 ml) is not in line with what I am smelling.

Blog Entries

I tried Jasmin & Blu some time back, when Luckyscent still offered samples of these. From memory;
    Jasmin was by far the most dirty, indolic, raw jasmine l've ever tried. Blu was a very pretty, almost creamy tuberose with a touch of gardenia & vanilla in the base. They both had remarkable projection & longevity for oils, & l would have considered FBs except for, as others have mentioned, the potential problems with the cork lids. A little does go a long way though, so l wouldn't be scared off by the price. These really should be in the directory!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

I fell in love with several of these last October at Henri Bendel's in NYC. My favorite is Sabalo & I have it in the 5ml bottle with the cork. It (the cork) has not been an issue at all but I found I have to be very careful with the sealing wax when removing the cork. The seal is crumbly & since it overflows the edges of the cork...well, I rubbed the excess off & it solved the problem.

I find the fragrance complex and extremely long lasting. Only a tiny bit is needed to produce wonderful sillage. I've put a drop into unscented body lotion to fantastic effect.

The notes in Sabalo are: Rose, Geranium, Violet, Orange Blossom, Musk, Resins, Sandalwood, Vetyver, Hay, & Sage. the scent is rich, deep, not too floral...definitely unisex.

I bought a set & have offered the ones I didn't want to keep in the marketplace...fyi.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    ...I find the fragrance complex and extremely long lasting. Only a tiny bit is needed to produce wonderful sillage. I've put a drop into unscented body lotion to fantastic effect...
    I was thinking of using the rest of my sample this very same way - thanks for the tip.

There are only a handful of fragrances that I can wear comfortably in oil (usually ouds and attars), and this sort of makes the BA line a bit more clumsy for me to warm up to.

My favourite in this line is Musk: dark, dry and very wearable. The lasting power of all these perfumes is much above average. Though they aren't very eccentric or overly complex, they're very well done imho; full-bodied and rich.
    I also like Blu (tuberose monster) and Jasmine very much.

What I don't like about the Acampora perfumes is the packaging. I'm afraid the cork stopper lets too much air in. I decanted it into a roll-on flacon too keep it safely.

Basenotes Institution

Gerald and teardrop -I've tried the Musk ,Blu and Jasmin . I loved both Blu and Jasmin and I was not overly into the Musk - all are very strong and long lasting . They can be diluted these into Eau de Parfum strength too as Sensual has said. Good stuff and I think they are worth the money - a small sample lasts for a looong time - a tiny drop blooms very well .
    I am also wary of the cork stopper - quite impractical .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Bruno Acampora, with a bunch of few others, is at top of the worldwide perfumery, fragrances as Nero, Sballo, Iranzol, Musc are simply stunning, glorious, refined, the raw materials quality is unparalleled. Almost all the creations are appointed as Edp, extrait and pure essence.
    Last edited by Darvant; 20th April 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Last edited by OPomone; 25th April 2014 at 07:55 PM.

I have tried the Musk and thought it was OK but nothing special IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by OPomone View Post
    I would like to set off to discover Acampora's creations but I simply do not know where to begin.

Blu seems to be one of the most approachable. You do not mention it though. Allergy to tuberose or less impressed?
    Hi dear, my lastest review yesterday was about Blu, I appreciate a lot Blu despite the tuberose is not a stuff I crave for frankly, anyway Blu is not my Acampora's favorite at moment, being it Nero and Iranzol.
    Last edited by Darvant; 21st April 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Last edited by OPomone; 25th April 2014 at 07:54 PM.

I've only sampled the jasmine, which is exceedingly odd and tangibly rustic. If you can picture a compost heap that consists of jasmine blossoms, you're there. I'd be happy to own a bottle, though - there is nothing else like it, anywhere.

I have had samples of Musc, Iranzol and Nero and have had Iranzol on my wish list for some time. I also really liked Musc and Nero. Iranzol was my favorite because I haven't smelled anything else like it and it has a raw natural feel to it that is very magnetic. Nero and Musc are outstanding too. Nero might be comparable to a more herbal Or Black or a lighter version of Black Afghano. Musc is like a light, non oud version of Musk Oud from By Killian or a rosier take on Silver Musk by Nasomatto. I really can't give any comparable fragrances for Iranzol because it is very unique. Iranzol is herbal, incense, woods with an aromatherapy aromatic aura about it. Tried, but didn't like Blu.