Code of Conduct

Default Love and Tears By Kilian (Mini Review)

Ladies, Luckyscent has Love and Tears designated as unisex. I think a confident man like myself can wear and enjoy it, but I put Love and Tears clearly in the feminine camp.

For me, L&T is By Kilian's version of L'Eau by Serge Luten's or Gendarme (a non scent if you will) only done right this time. It's pretty much all about Jasmine Absolute (very high quality) and orange blossom. No indoles what so ever, just clean and extremely pleasant to my nose.

Believe it or not, many of us guys really think a womans freshly shampooed hair is quite sexy smelling. L&T gives me that feeling when I smell it. It doesn't smell like any shampoo I've experienced, it just has a sexy clean, girly thing going on about it.

Calice Becker isn't going to win any awards for wowing any one with this elixir, but I'm sure it will win an award for putting the most smiles on faces. Love and Tears is all about being happy, feeling sexy, and smelling sexy in the most sublime manner. Understated and well executed are the hallmarks of By Kilian's new release.
    Last edited by thebeck; 25th August 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Default Re: Love and Tears By Kilian (Mini Review)

Thank you for the mini review! It sounds nice.

Yes, thanks! I am awaiting my sample from Aedes and am now especially excited to get it...tomorrow, I hope!

Basenotes Institution

I always approach non-indolic, pure jasmine fragrance carefully - most of them give me a splitting headache.

Your review makes the fragrance sound much more positive and energizing than it's name does.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    For me, L&T is By Kilian's version of L'Eau by Serge Luten's or Gendarme (a non scent if you will)
    Ugh. This is VERY disappointing to hear.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Ugh. This is VERY disappointing to hear.
    It sounds disappointing, but it's not. My short description doesn't do it justice. For the record I don't like L'Eau or Gendarme.

Blog Entries

Odd - this is the exact opposite of what I was expecting. Most real jasmine absolute smells more like bubble gum than jasmine - does it have that going on?
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    It sounds disappointing, but it's not. My short description doesn't do it justice. For the record I don't like L'Eau or Gendarme.
    I will certainly test it for myself. But I despise most things described as "anti-fragrances". What's the f'ing point?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm dying to try this new Kilian's perfume. I truly like Kilian's stuff.
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I will certainly test it for myself. But I despise most things described as "anti-fragrances". What's the f'ing point?
    I agree with you. I think most will describe as a soliflore. It has more scent than my description. It's more of a vibe I get rather what my nose gets when it comes to the "anti" thing.

Basenotes Plus

I prefer jasmine with less indoles so this sounds promising... And thanks for the brief. I do love the scent of a woman's freshly shampooed hair.

Transparent jasmine shampoo? I'm bored already. ( But thank you, TheBeck, I really appreciate someone taking the time to write a review.

Basenotes Institution

Hmmmm, I was not expecting 'clean' and 'shampoo' from Kilian !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Okay, I have the By Kilian Voyage set (8 small frags) and I find most of them to be interesting, of higher quality ingredients, and chose 1 to purchase as a full bottle (Prelude to Love...Invitation). The whole "anti-perfume" thing is off-putting to a sillage lover like myself...but still, I look forward to sampling this one, as I adore jasmine and also find Calice Becker's work consistently worthy of a test drive!!! Thanks for posting your impressions!

Soapy? Yes. Shampoo? No. Two different things. The former is strong and candy-like, like Love and Tears. This is a perfectly rendered jasmine soliflore metered chypre. I have never smelled a more authentic jasmine. Great sillage, no longevity.
    "A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous and liberal man." Cyrano de Bergerac