Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances of Lancome

Is anyone familiar with the fragrances of Lancome? Are they any good? I have a small decant of Sagamore, which has been discontinued. I really like it. It has a very nice sandalwood note.

Were there reformulations of Sagamore during its run?

Any information you can share is appreciated. Thanks.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Fragrances of Lancome

hypnose is a very good stuff : sweet, soft and elegant ... IMHO very original

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    hypnose is a very good stuff : sweet, soft and elegant ... IMHO very original
    +1.
    Smellin good

Cuir de Lancome is great.

Balafre, O pour Homme, Programme Lancome are all discontinued Lancome men's fragrances and IMO all nice fragrances. Sagamore is one of Lancome's best IMO. It was discontinued years ago and then about 10 years ago the L'Institut Lancome reintroduced it briefly (3 months) in a limited edition only available at their institute in Paris in a 100ml special bottle along with Balafre and two or three discontinued scents which I was lucky to pick up while in Paris at that time. Now there appear to be a few online vendors selling Sagamore in a 1.7oz. version with a completely different bottle of which I have no personal information about as to whether it was reformulated or not. I am just happy I was able to load up on the original.

Lancome Miracle is a nice take on coffee frags. It has a maple note that makes this one quite unique.

DeepSilence

1+ Miracle. I didn't try it. i heard it's similar to Rochas Man

Miracle L'Aquatonic was nice but no coffee....just alot of fresh green with a sweet musky drydown....more for lovers of Mugler/Paul Smith who also like sweeter scents.....very good longevity too.

I always wanted to try the 2002 re-release of Trophee....if anyone owns the Trophee re-release and wants to trade for a decant PM me.

Hypnose Homme - great stuff, its cologne version is great too!

Lancome makes them few, but makes them good (they have a lot of women fragrances).

Blog Entries

+ 1 for Cuir de Lancome. Very nice and a bargain.

I have Cuir de Lancome, which is nice and okay (and cheap), but not a real leather to me or a great fragrance.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Magie Noire is a very nice leather floral. More leather than floral, and wearable by men. I own it and wear it out.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

+1 Miracle Homme. One of my favourites. Not the most groundbreaking but sophisticated masculine yet versatile for day wear. What a pity it seems to have been discontinued.

+0 Hypnose et al. Something in them quite synthetic and irritating that I can't stand. Can imagine the appeal for some.

-1 Miracle L'aquatonic. Even more synthetic than Hypnose. t I find it so repulsive that I couldn't use it as a room spray.

for women
    miracle=superb

for men
    mirache=shit
    hypnose=superb
    god bless oakmoss

+1 for Balafre. It was one of my first fragrances and I wish, I had a bottle again.
    Same with Magie Noire, but vintage only (extract).

Love Hypnose. I'm surprised it doesn't get more loving on these boards.

Hypnose is good, but nothing special.

Cuir de Lancome is really a great leather scent.
    I'm also enjoying at this moment Magie Noire. It has on me a green chypre aura similar to Sisley Soir de Lune, but with a powdery aroma instead of the peach and honey of Soir de Lune. I have saw a lot of comments saying that this one is hard to wear, but on me it's soft, cozy, dry aroma that suits me well on winter.

what about Trophee?

Another vote for Cuir de Lancome. A unisex floral leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I've never found any of thier men creations even in Paris, but I secretly wear & admire Tresor by the great Sophie Grojsman, Poeme by Jaques Cavalir when he was on the top in the 90's & O de Lancome.
    Last edited by tariq; 3rd September 2010 at 01:36 AM.

I've always liked Lancôme's fragrances for men, and Ô pour Homme was close to a HG for me, sadly discontinued.

Notice that according to Lancôme USA, both Miracle Homme and Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic are discontinued, but i can still find them everywhere (Miracle homme has a newer bottle that came out i think last year or the year before i don't recall).

I even like Hypnose Homme, it's a good everyday/work scent.