Code of Conduct

Default Le Male Reforumulated?

Recently tried a Le Male sample and I wasn't as pleased as in the past. I recall Le Male being far more vanilla and masculine than powdery. With a darkish edge to it as well, more like Cuba Gold and less like 360 White. The last bottle of Le Male I had, I got in 2002, and it smelled about the same as the first bottle of it I ever got back in 99. Within that gap between 02 and now of 8 years, was there a reformulation? I also recall it projecting much more than it does now.. meaning like powerhouse status. Although it projects well, and lasts quite long now, there's just something about it that isn't right..

Default Re: Le Male Reforumulated?

just get cubano gold. trrrrrust me dude. im pretty sure actually ive heard u say that your already a fan of cuba or cubano gold(which are the same) so i dont think u need me to campaign for it. i put it on at 7 am and its JUST started to fade a little at 7:15 pm

Unless you're comparing an old and new bottle side by side, my guess is that your nose or memory are misleading you. My bottle was purchased in 2009, and it has the strongest projection and longest lasting power of just about any frag in my collection. It's also super vanilla heavy. Perhaps you've outgrown Le Mâle since your last bottle, or it now strikes you as more powdery and less "masculine" than before because your fragrance collection and olfactory palate have expanded in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Unless you're comparing an old and new bottle side by side, my guess is that your nose or memory are misleading you. My bottle was purchased in 2009, and it has the strongest projection and longest lasting power of just about any frag in my collection. It's also super vanilla heavy. Perhaps you've outgrown Le Mâle since your last bottle, or it now strikes you as more powdery and less "masculine" than before because your fragrance collection and olfactory palate have expanded in the interim.
    Possibly, I did wear it again and get more of that old feeling back. But it's quite likely it was reformulated since the original was in 95 I believe, and laws and regulations forbid certain chemicals and notes in fragrances, unfortunately.. that's one of the "inside" reasons why some of our favorites become discontinued, because a reformulation may jeopardize the fragrance; so they do away with it.

I'd love to be able to compare and older bottle to a newer one, because I honestly recall it being much more of a powerhouse. It does still have the heavy projection, but it focuses mostly on the vanilla, mint/lavender, and all the powder.. at least to my nose. Where as in the past, I recall the opening to be more of a darker vanilla similar to the vanilla note in Tobacco Vanille (although hard to distinguish what this vanilla would smell like on its own because it's so well blended with the tobacco/smoked woods) along with mint, lavender, more of the artemisia which is a pretty distinctive herb, and very aromatic. I also remember the opening to feel more bold and thick, I remember a more syrupy vanilla and far more lavender in the top notes.