Code of Conduct

Default What are your 3 favorite scents and why ?

What are your 3 (or even 4) personal favorite scents and please say why, for each fave scent named.

Default Re: What are your 3 favorite scents and why ?

My favourite three scents at this present moment are:

ROMA - I love the sharp, minty/bergamot opening act. It never fails to
    put a spring in my step. Then there is the balsamic/vanilla drydown -yum.
    I weat Roma when I want to be confident and effective.

CRISTOBAL - This is my sweet, comfort scent. There's nothing else like it
    to my mind and its honey drizzled fig note is so divine. I feel magnanimous
    and loving when I wear this one in edt or edp.My intimate scent for close family and friends.

IRIS POUDRE - my cool, elegant beauty of a scent. A bit aloof and yet
    so enticing. This is my special occasion scent.

I'm with Kewart on this - "at the moment" (check me tomorrow!!)...what I got on!!

Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil ('cause it's cool and refreshing on this hot day)

layered with AA Pamplelune (see above) ....and when they died away....

Michael Storer's didn't -make-it-into-production richly floral Sweet Dreams, 'cause it has proven a drift off to sleep companion!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Aimez Moi - You never forget your first. This was my introduction into the world of perfume. I was so amazed at how good this perfume smelled on me. I got sooo many compliments on it. I loved to put my chin in my chest and smell myself LOL!

Lolita Lempicka - I just love the smell of this one. It's so delicious smelling. It stays on me until I wash it off. I just love to smell myself when I have it on. It goes perfect with my sweet tooth.

Alien - This perfume smells soooooo good on me it's amazing. I love this perfume. I almost wrote this one off. The 1st time I wore it I didn't like it and no one commented on it's scent. Well, I just thought that I would give it another try and I'm glad I did. After smelling it I knew that my Aveda Patchouli would blend very well with this. OMG it just smellled sooo good. I have been stopped so many times by people wanting to know what I'm wearing. I tell them Alien, but I don't tell them about the patchouli LOL!. I can't give away all my secrets. Besides, they probably wouldn't put it on right anyway.

Pleasures - I can wear this pre-exfoliation, post exfoliation, no exfoliation for weeks, and it still smells wonderful on me. My Mommy wears this. I would always sneak and wear hers. It just smells so fresh and it lasts so long on me. It lasts until I wash it off. I love the scent of it on me. I love to smell myself when I have this one on LOL!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Right now this very moment? That I can do...but first my sentimantal pantheon

L'Heure Bleue: Everything about this one is just right for me. It amplifies my moods, makes me happier when I am happy and more melancholy when I am sad.

Miss Dior: My grandmother's scent, a warm feminine hug

Zibeline: My classic Weil, aldehydic floral with a perfect animalic undertone. Nothing blatant about this one, understated elegant

Can you tell I'm feeling pretty sentimental today?

What I love now: Genvieve (a stunningly crafted rose), Farnesiana (mimosa beauty for summer) and despite out little run in, Poivre

KAI oil roll-on - I still think it's perfect for summer. Refreshing, energizing, moist, cool, creamy, green, rich gardenia/lily that's fairly close to the skin in the original oil roll-on. No trace of spice or powder.

Jalaine's Patchouli - slightly eucalyptic patch/vanilla that transcends every other patch vanilla I've tried by about ten times,

From here, there are about 25 tied for third place.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Caron Bellodgia because it was one of the first perfumes I fell head over heels in love with when I was 14 years old. I have never smelled this on anyone else either so it feel like it is just mine.

Chanel Bois des Iles because the first time I smelled it I once again fell head over heels in love. It makes me feel grown up and sophisticated when I wear it.

Angel because it makes me feel happy when I have it on.

At the moment I 'm really enjoying

Fleurs d'oranger from SL. Someone said this blooms in hot weather, and it does. In winter it sometimes got a little harsh on me,if covered by clothes. I just think it is gorgeous; it envelops me and I feel so feminine in this. And people comment on this.

Must de Cartier is another one that I think smells wonderful in the heat. I

Happy Heart; refreshing and cheerful. Light enough to use as a bodysplash; easygoing; fits all,

If we had hot evenings up noth here, Habanita would be perfect. She doesn't do to well in the sun on me. But I'm very fond of her anyway, will take her on holiday to France where she and I will do some peoplewatching in the croisette on evenings.

And Nirmala gets to play too, but I feel that she is a little mal ŕ propos up here with her exotique notes, She should have been in a caribbean island or something, but alas..it's too expensive .

These things tend to change depending on my mood,time of year etc,etc...But today I would have to say

Boucheron Trouble: a bit sentimental about this one,it smells great on me,warm and sophisticated.The scent that made my bf notice me

Mitsouko: couldn't stand it for years until I finally "got" its' beauty.Now it makes me feel equally happy, sophisticated and smart.Quite Avante garde.

And finally: today I will have to say Feminite du Bois: If Mitsouko is autumn ,this is Spring in a bottle for me.A happy,woody scent.

Equal third though would be Chergui and Crystal Noir.Another day maybe they would make it to the top as wellThis so depends on my mood!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

La Chasse aux Papillons is consistently pleasing me these days. I love every blossom: linden, lemon, orange, jasmine, tuberose. Sometimes I put it on and think: I can't believe how good this is!

Hermes Ambre Narguile -- More of a cool-weather item. Wonderfully rich with amber and dark, sweet, dried fruits. IT'S JUST SO DEEP AND LOW.

Maybe because it's my latest infatuation: Storer's Stephanie -- BIG FLORAL! La Chasse on steroids.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

My top three or four are always changing with the exception of my number 1, and that is always Angel.

Angel has been my favorite for about 14 years now. She smiles graciously on me and I get tons of compliments on her. I wore her exclusively for years, and I could possibly again, if I had to ...

Dior Addict: This is what started the madness ... I love the mystery, the warm vanilla, the sexiness of Addict.

Ambre Sultan: Such a sexy, kick-ass amber with a touch of incense.

I have to at least mention: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Bandit, Eau des Mervielles, Fumerie Turque as fragrances that are among my top favorites. (sort of cheated, didn't I?)
    I've trademarked the color bleu

#1 ANGEL, my HG when I first started dating Mr.tinker. It always brings me back to that amazing summer. Life before parenthood.

#2 FARNESIANA parfum, my first intro to the Caron line. There is nothing like it, IMHO.

#3 Chanel No.5, introduced to me by my dear friend Musse . It lead me down the path of Chanel-lust.

It's hard for me to separate my personal favorites (which are always changing) from perfumes that I believe are genuinely well-constructed and creative. So, with a touch of detachment, here's where I stand:

1. Daim Blond: Fruity and sweet without being too playful or tacky, leathery and cool without being sharp or off-putting. Perfectly ageless and genderless. Brilliant.

2. Passage D'Enfer: A soft, cloudy, sad incense scent. I skin-tested this against Messe de Minuit and Avignon before finally settling on it. I chose it for its softness, and for the gentle lily in its heart. It's a mood in a bottle.

3. Carnal Flower: Hot, fleshy, sexual tuberose set off perfectly with greens and fruit. Again, special points go to this girl for using fruit notes like coconut and melon (which I actually like in hot weather and in moderation) without being too Sephora-girlish.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I have to at least mention: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Bandit, Eau des Mervielles, Fumerie Turque as fragrances that are among my top favorites. (sort of cheated, didn't I?)
    I understand.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Smile Re: What are your 3 favorite scents and why ?

1... Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune - because I just love the initial blast of citrus, and then it gently lingers for me most of the day. So that when my husband nuzzles up to me in bed at night, he still catches the faint scent and says "Mmmm you smell nice!"

2... 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser - because it was the very first tiny little miniature bottle of cologne I ever bought for myself so long ago in the Hudson Bay store in Saskatoon, Saskatchewn. So it makes me feel very fresh & young again!

3... Coco Mademoiselle - because my darling husband just bought it for me for my 50th birthday, and I love him and I love it!!

1. Fracas.
    My almost holy grail, although I don´t wear it that often now (hubby detests it ), and it is a bit heady. But still...thrilling and gorgeous!

2. Mitsouko.
    Maybe the best fragrance ever made. A masterpiece.

3. Je Reviens.
    My mother used to wear this in pure parfum. A heavenly aroma, not comparable to my reformulated EdT, which still is gooood.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

So OK - here it is the next day, and I got three new favorites!!

LAP Mimosa Pour Moi
    - takes me right back to the terrazzo of my dreams - the ancient tiles covered with a drift of fallen acacia blossoms (gotta replace the now empty decant with....with...FB!!!!???)

Ava Luxe - White Tea - cause it's brisk but pungent bergamot laden freesia perfectly complements the Mimosa....and I plan on going to bed in

Mona di Orio - Oiro - 'cause I cant get enough of jasmine!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

As everyone is compelled to say, these are my three 'of the moment':

Czech and Speake #88 - a new love, thanks to Taolady. Very complex and well-made, its unfolding is like reading a novel.
    Djedi - I am hopelessly smitten with a long-discontinued ghost of a fragrance. Djedi resonates in a minor key, and sets my emotions vibrating.
    Doblis - Hermes. Luminous, buttery, luxurious warm leather.

None of these are really summer frags, so I must still be in a winter mood.
    Last edited by flathorn; 12th June 2007 at 04:24 AM.

It's a really tough choice, but I have to go with these three classics as they are the ones that I reach for in the evenings ...

1. Guerlain L'heure Bleue - I fell for this one immediately and just had to get it. It settles me down, when I need to settle down. It's great to wear on a lazy Saturday or Sunday, when I have time to stop and sniff my wrists.

2. Chanel Bois des Iles - I just love the way this one smells and it is so very versatile. I can dress this one up or down, it can go anywhere and everywhere, daytime or nighttime -- I'm realizing that I don't wear this one nearly enough.

3. Caron Tabac Blond - Leather and smoke are a lethal combination. My very favourite leather, but I can' say that too loud, otherwise my other leather fragrances will be envious :toppie:
    Last edited by dimples; 12th June 2007 at 04:19 AM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Default Re: What are your 4 favorite scents and why ?

Impossible! But I try anyway and make two lists: my current faves and my all-time faves.

Now:
    N'Aimez Que Moi - it's definitely on its way to my all-time faves but I've only had it since February

Poivre - ditto, but I've had it since February 2006

Ormonde - unique, cool and mysterious beauty, supernatural lasting power

Messe de Minuit - my soulmate scent

Always:
    Yohji - both because it's the scent closest being my signature and also for sentimental reasons, it also holds the record of bottles used, 7th bottle going

L'Heure Bleue - my first teacher wore this and I've loved it ever since (didn't find out what it was until in 2002 when I got my first bottle and immediately recognized it), my safety blanket that always makes me feel all is well in the universe

Coco - the first scent I bought for myself at eighteen, an ex-signature, a golden armour

Égoďste - another ex-signature, also got married wearing it (hub wore it, too)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Champs Elysees - I think it smells elusive, like wafts of a garden on the breeze. I get compliments on it too, so that's always nice.

Spring Flower - Nice pedigree and very fresh and graceful.

Right now my #3 is a tie between Ava Luxe White Tea and E Coudray Musc et Freesia. They both have a quality to them that I can't describe but I find the smell uniquely pretty.

I am a fan of pretty fragrances, especially in warmer weather.

Blog Entries

1 Chanel no 5 Queen of Fragrances the reason because of the intoxicating note of aldehydes and it's the symbol of class
    2 Opium Because for my love for orientals the mysterious note of incense and the vision of the far east
    3 Calvin Klein Obsession because this is an confidence booster when i wear this and it's deep and sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
    2... 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser - because it was the very first tiny little miniature bottle of cologne I ever bought for myself so long ago in the Hudson Bay store in Saskatoon, Saskatchewn. So it makes me feel very fresh & young again!
    Can't believe somebody mentioned this TREASURE!!!

But my story about it is diffrent. In my country this sttuff is just beginning to appear on the market (weird, I know, as I read on the internet it's very common all over) and in search for my fresh lemon holy grail, I blindly bought 5 bottles (diffrent shapes, splash and spray, small and bigger- they were so cute and interesting that I figured - If I don;t like the cologne, I'll use them as decoration )

It's gorgeous---- Light Blue, Agrumi amari di Sicilia, Escale a Portofino, Cristalle, Cristalle eau Verte, Un jardin sur le Nil--- THEY ALL SMELL CLUMSY COMPARED TO the Original 4711 !!! It's incredible, I can't get enough of it, it's romanticism of old world and freshness at the same time... basil (amazing memmories for me... in my country women, in the past, used to dry it and put a bit in their shirts to smell nice, or in their hair, and put more of it in the closet between clothes for a wonderful aroma...), perfect tamed citruses, yellow melon... I can't really identify the rest of the notes too well, white flowers or something...

It's GREAT GREAT GREAT !!! ...not to mention that it's very affordable and comes in a lot of cute bottles that are on the market all at the same time- you feel like a kid in a toystore choosing wich one to take. And at the spray ones you can unscrew the sprayer when the perfume in gone , and you can pour the perfume from splash bottles there if you can't manage splashes.

ok, so, to be ontopic:

1-Shalimar (no need for arguments on this)
    2-Original 4711 (the rant above)
    3-Stella - delcate rose perfume, not overpowering
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Basenotes Plus

My favorites change daily. Today, they are Le'a by Saffron James, Chance Tendre by Chanel and Apres l'ondee by Guerlain. The last one probably because it was so hard to find and I finally have it.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

#1 Diorella: a perfume critic once described the smell of Diorella as a "new fur coat rubbed with very creamy mint toothpaste" (or something like that) and I think he got it exactly right. This is the strangest smell, like an antique pharmacy, but so deliriously delicious that when I wear it I spend a lot of time with my nose in my own cleavage...that sounds weird....anyway...
    #2 A new love, Lumiere Noire. I never knew I loved roses this much until I smelled this. It dries down into a smell of very clean laundry that's been hung outdoors -- somewhere in the Swiss Alps -- cool and clean and invigorating. The scent lasts forever. I can't get enough of it and spray it on everything -- scarves, underwear, etc.
    #3 Shalimar. Always. What a treasure. I can't wear this often because so many people I know associate it with their mothers (which isn't always the effect I'm going for?!) Nevertheless, I never ever tire of it.

Basenotes Institution

1. Mitsouko extrait new and vintage. I actually now prefer the new extrait- Mitsouko and I are now both leaner, quieter, less flamboyant but still going strong.
    2.Carnal Flower- a modern classic- the best tuberose scent ever.
    3.Vol de Nuit - nothing smells like Vol de Nuit extrait. I die and go to heaven every time I smell it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I can't name three favourites only. I have about 20-30 which I like just the same. I try my best to make a "top of the tops" listing here:

Etro Dianthus / Keiko Mecheri Ume
    Etro Heliotrope / Guerlain L'Heure Bleu
    OJ Woman
    OJ Orris Noir
    OJ Ta'if
    P. de Nicolai Vanille Tonka / Guerlain Tonka Imperiale / Le Labo Labdanum 18 / Musc Ravageur
    Bois 1920 Vento di Fiori / Etro Shaal Nur
    Isabey Gardenia
    The Different Company Jasmin de Nuit

Where more in a line are listed it means that they fulfill the same place in my wardrobe (similar scents to my nose) and I love them equally.

LouLou By Cacharel (Wear this for many years and have wonderful memories)
    Blonde by Versace (I LOVE this on me!)
    Chanel 5,19,22 and ALLURE
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Blog Entries

Current faves:

1. Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau: Bulgarian rose with blackcurrant leaves. Mmmmm...deep and satisfying, especially on a cooler or rainy day, I've found.
    2. C&E Evelyn: my tried-and-true favorite rose since it came out in the early 90s. Love it for its "fresh English rose" quality.
    3. L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007: Fantastic and mood elevating in any weather.

Fracas – This is the very bad girl who got me into perfume in the first place. Big and brassy, sloshed and sassy – I chased a glamorous French woman through Galeries Layfayette just to find out *sniff* just what was that cloud of gorgeousness *swoon* that she was wearing. “Fracas, ma Cherie!” From no scent to heaven sent in no time, I’m now attached, ensconced, obsessed! with the sorcerous world of perfumery.

Vetiver Extraordinaire – I drag my poor maltreated husband along on whiff weekends so he can have his Tottenham Hotspur season ticket. Poor mite, he just didn’t *get* the benefit of scent until I wafted this utter delight under his nose. He describes it as, “The smell of exhaust if cars were to run on handsomeness.” He reads Basenotes now (hello, love, I’m popping out to buy you some MdM at lunchtime.) Too bad I don’t get football yet, eh?

Ormonde Woman – Heavens alive, this is what angels smell like, isn’t it? No? Fairies. Yes, fairies. This is the smell of the cool side of a forest tree. What other creature in this world could smell so woody, green and, and…alive? Me. You. Because we’ve got all this all in a bottle. Breath in, dear, this is what living is all about.