Code of Conduct

Default Jil Sander Background

What are your opinions on this one?

Default Re: Jil Sander Background

I loved this scent and feel that Mont Blanc Individual is very close to it.

Background is rich and deep with a great drydown. I have to disagree with scentimus about the similarity with Individuel, as Background has a distinct anise note that Individuel does not have.

One of the most sought after EdT's for me. Nearly impossible to find in any size other than the collectible (mini) ones on eBay. EXPENSIVE too!
    It has a very warm, inviting drydown. Very unique, and unlike anything else in my inventory. One of my top ten.

Wonder why it was discountinued [smiley=sad.gif]

at the perfumania near me there giving away those sample minis basically by the handfull with each purchase

Thanks RTbar. I'm calling them tomorrow!

I agree with the previous posters. This is a great scent. Deep, rich and expensive smelling. Better than Feeling Man to my nose.

I recived this scent as a gift few years ago, but unfortunately it turned out to be great dissapointment. Very bad scent, at least for me. *

This is a very Deep, Rich, Classy scent...one that I will be wearing this fall season for sure.

I adore this fragrance but it has become so associated with a friend of mine that I'm not allowed to ever wear it so I've long since given it away. Sad. If I ever move away I will aquire it again!

All Jil Sander colognes (up to the 1998 introduction of Sander for Man) share an unmistakable accord of fern, spice, florals and wood that makes all of them some of the most instantly identifiable scents ever made. Even my poor excuse for a nose can name them the instant I smell them. I may not be able to pick out each note--the melange is fairly complex--but the effect is of a single, unusual musky fougere. Man Pure, Feeling Man, Man II, Man Three and the crowning achievement, Background. Each is a variation on this remarkable heady accord.

I despaired when each of the above was discontinued but who knows? As more and more juice junkies find their way to this forum (tell your friends) and scent makers start taking notice, a few may, I say may be persuaded to relaunch some of these long gone favorites. With bottles of some bringing big bucks (the rarer-than-hen's-teeth Background and original Man Pure sell for nearly $200 up on eBay) the market for these gems, which did not exsist at the time of their initial release, may now be in place, waiting, ney panting for these brilliant scents.

Griff
    Griff

Hello Gents, I'm bring this one out of the vaults. I've found a bottle but would like to know if this one deserves the respect? It certainly has high praise from those who've tried it.
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another fan here.