Code of Conduct

Arrow START STOCKPILING: I don't want to alarm anyone but...

... a close colleague of mine working in a company under the Cosmax/BPI distributorship here in Australia told me that Gucci Envy for Men is to soon face international deletion from the Gucci perfume portfolio.

I was gobsmacked and initially brushed it off as a misunderstanding, however she reiterated that it is a move by Parfums Gucci that will take effect on an international scale. At her last training session, she and her colleagues were given a tester bottle each as a gift (hers, Im pleased to say, was given to me). She mentioned that at this time, this decision will not effect Gucci Envy for Her.

I decided to do some snooping, and Gucci Envy for Men no longer appears on the newly revamped Gucci parfums website.

I know GE Man has copped a lot of flack for its recent(ish) reformulation, however a permanent deletion just horrifies me! Of the modern-day mainstream scent set, Envy is a favourite of mine.
    Im sure there is sufficient stock on a global scale to see that it stays around for a number of years, but the word is that it will be disappearing from retailers shelves in the months to come.

Booooo!

Default Re: START STOCKPILING: I don't want to alarm anyone but...

I fear it's true what your friend told you, it's almost nowhere to find in Belgium
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

It's practically impossible to find here too. If you like it, buy it while you can.

Check your local tk maxx it can still be found there , well in mine anyway

Now that I've come to think about it, any news about Gucci Pour Homme (2003)? Last time I checked in the department store there only was one bottle left at the bottom shelve.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Now that I've come to think about it, any news about Gucci Pour Homme (2003)? Last time I checked in the department store there only was one bottle left at the bottom shelve.
    The Gucci Parfums website are referring to Gucci Pour Homme I and Gucci Pour Homme II as "The Classics", suggesting that anything that came before those in the Gucci portfolio, are obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    The Gucci Parfums website are referring to Gucci Pour Homme I and Gucci Pour Homme II as "The Classics", suggesting that anything that came before those in the Gucci portfolio, are obsolete.
    http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/012841999990099 Here you'll still find Envy for men.

EDIT: on the Belgian website the only fragrances for men are: Gucci Pour Homme II and the Gucci by Gucci crap.
    http://www.gucci.com/be/category/m/fragrance
    EDIT 2: In almost any (Western)European country, there's only these three fragrances.
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 26th August 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Dependent

Wot..?? Thanks for the heads up, D. I think it is time to get a couple of back ups. Envy doesn't smell "mainstream", so I guess that sealed its fate.

Gucci Pour Homme (2003) is also discontinued.

I regularly find Gucci Pour Homme I at TK Maxx stores, and I also found my bottle of Envy there too (although I've only seen the latter in one branch). I think GPHI is also at The Perfume Shop stores too.

A shame though, I rather enjoy both.

I thought that Gucci had already planned before to discontinue Envy Men. Here in Brazil the fragrance you can`t find it since 2007.
    Gucci is discontinuing the interesting frags (if pour homme is also being discontinued too) and leaving just the bland ones. What a shame!

Gucci Pour Homme (2003) is also discontinued.
    Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?
    http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/012841999990099 Here you'll still find Envy for men.

EDIT: on the Belgian website the only fragrances for men are: Gucci Pour Homme II and the Gucci by Gucci crap.
    http://www.gucci.com/be/category/m/fragrance
    EDIT 2: In almost any (Western)European country, there's only these three fragrances.
    The fact that's nowhere to find on their local European sites, it's hard to find in (online) stores and on some forums this has already been discusssed.

The fact that's nowhere to find on their local European sites, it's hard to find in (online) stores and on some forums this has already been discusssed.
    Did you follow the link I provided in post #1?
    That is the Gucci parfums mastersite (not a site that covers locales). Gucci Pour Homme I, as mentioned earlier, is referred to as "The Classics". If it is on the master site, then it is still in production.

Did you follow the link I provided in post #1?
    That is the Gucci parfums mastersite (not a site that covers locales). Gucci Pour Homme I, as mentioned earlier, is referred to as "The Classics". If it is on the master site, then it is still in production.
    Yes, I did. But you can't BUY Gucci Pour Homme I. If you click on Gucci Pour Homme I, then Buy you'll arrive at a country selector which leads you to a 404 error page.

If you go to www.gucci.com (which is the Gucci mastersite) you'll see that Gucci Pour Homme I is listed on the united states (you can change the country at bottom left) page but not on all of the other (European) websites.

What a shame.
    I'm happy to own a bottle of it.
    Will I buy backups? No. The reformulation is not that great.

Although I feel bad for the discontinuation...
    It's very masculine and very romantic. Great for a date. ARGH
    Last edited by Suppressor; 26th August 2010 at 01:16 PM.

I hear ya.
    Gucci Homme I is still available in Australia at department stores (and in Danish ones, last time I looked about 2 months ago).
    My original post was referring to the fact there is no mention of envy on the Gucci parfums mastersite, which was proof positive of my friend's claim of an international deletion.

I hear ya.
    Gucci Homme I is still available in Australia at department stores (and in Danish ones, last time I looked about 2 months ago).
    My original post was referring to the fact there is no mention of envy on the Gucci parfums mastersite, which was proof positive of my friend's claim of an international deletion.
    I know, I went a little off topic. Hope you are right though!

I have a feeling that Gucci Pour Homme, although not discontinued at this moment, will be the next one to be axed. Here is going thorugh consecutive sales, and this, in general, indicates that the fragrance will not be imported anymore. Gucci Pour Homme is the only gucci that doesn`t match with their recent average ones, so i wouldn`t be surprised if in one-two years it wents out of production...

You can still get Envy in the UK and Ireland chain, "The Perfume Shop"...for now!

I'm disgusted that they're deleting this. It's a really, really nice scent and regardless of reformulation, still one of the better male designer scents out there.
    Last edited by Riverwide; 26th August 2010 at 02:02 PM.

I've got a bottle of the older pine green color, not the NEON GREEN JUICE should anyone be interested.

Even when I owned a bottle, I didn't really like it that much - it was too thin to even be considered an oriental. I won't be missing it at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Even when I owned a bottle, I didn't really like it that much - it was too thin to even be considered an oriental. I won't be missing it at all...
    Same here...It got a boot during one of my 'get rid of fragrances that I don't wear', fits.....
    I love the bottle (or should I say the cap) though....Very sexy

It's almost impossible to find in Rome too!!

Hillaire

Gucci is a notorious great scents killer-offer house.
    I fear nightly for Rush Women and Envy Women. (My inner, psychic discontinuation-detector is infallible, btw.)
    But I maintain that I prefer a dead, hard-to-find scent to a reformulated one, any day.

So if Gucci discontinue Pour homm and Envy for men, what worthwhile fragrance do they have left (Rush for men was discontinued a while ago) ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    So if Gucci discontinue Pour homm and Envy for men, what worthwhile fragrance do they have left (Rush for men was discontinued a while ago) ?
    Agreed. Envy is one of their best attempts at fragrance.

If it happens, perhaps there will be a new frag that is very similar, made by a different company, just like there is now Nobile Royalty. If so, I suggest the name be Envious Emperor. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Don't forget Nobile which I think was their best.

I adore Gucci pour Homme ( 2003). That better stay. I have hope, since Sorcery mentioned it is listed as a "classic" on their site.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I adore Gucci pour Homme ( 2003). That better stay. I have hope, since Sorcery mentioned it is listed as a "classic" on their site.
    I don't think there is too much to worry about there Surfacing... yet.

If that's the case, I'm glad I have a bottle of this.

Gucci PH one and two can stay and bring back Rush. The rest can go. Rush was awesome and I miss it!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I've actually noticed it disappearing from the shelves in various stores and not getting restocked lately. Not a huge worry for me, and it's still not hard to find. If you love it too much you won't lose much if you purchase 2 or 3 spare bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I've got a bottle of the older pine green color, not the NEON GREEN JUICE should anyone be interested.
    What is the difference?
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by daloon View Post
    What is the difference?
    Here's a good thread on the subject daloon:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/200...quot-kack-quot

I can't believe how stupid gucci is. Envy and ph are their best and highest quality fragrances.
    god bless oakmoss

I was never a fan. Way too much ginger, and a sharp one at that. It hasn't been available in the department stores I frequent for years. To find it, you'd have to go to a mall fragrance cart or a Perfumania (or similar ) store.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

... a close colleague of mine working in a company under the Cosmax/BPI distributorship here in Australia told me that Gucci Envy for Men is to soon face international deletion from the Gucci perfume portfolio.

I was gobsmacked and initially brushed it off as a misunderstanding, however she reiterated that it is a move by Parfums Gucci that will take effect on an international scale. At her last training session, she and her colleagues were given a tester bottle each as a gift (hers, Im pleased to say, was given to me). She mentioned that at this time, this decision will not effect Gucci Envy for Her.

I decided to do some snooping, and Gucci Envy for Men no longer appears on the newly revamped Gucci parfums website.

I know GE Man has copped a lot of flack for its recent(ish) reformulation, however a permanent deletion just horrifies me! Of the modern-day mainstream scent set, Envy is a favourite of mine.
    Im sure there is sufficient stock on a global scale to see that it stays around for a number of years, but the word is that it will be disappearing from retailers shelves in the months to come.

Booooo!
    Hey Scorcery of Scent,

I live in Canada and I can check all places around and about and pick up some and send it to you? Of course you would need to pay for it but it would be no problem for me since I am always in the fragrance departments and stores anyway?

MissM
    " Nothing can be known - not even this..." - Carneades

Lack of distribution does not mean that a fragrance has been discontinued: you might not find it in your local market, but in others it might be available somewhere else. Usually they come hand by hand, but this might not be the case in peripherical markets. Take Pino Silvestre: back in the 1970's it was a very popular mass market brand down here, it is now virtually non existant because it is not being massively imported; as a matter of fact, only one stockist imports it and sells it - for a hefty price, that is. The same thing happens with Caron's Pour Un Homme. Others are virtually impossible to find, for example, Guerlain's Habit Rouge. Remnant bottles are part ten year old imports. Others are just part of our colective history, like Pierre Cardin pour Homme.

Sur la Plage

I like Envy, but not that much that I feel I need to stockpile it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Lack of distribution does not mean that a fragrance has been discontinued: you might not find it in your local market, but in others it might be available somewhere else. Usually they come hand by hand, but this might not be the case in peripherical markets. Take Pino Silvestre: back in the 1970's it was a very popular mass market brand down here, it is now virtually non existant because it is not being massively imported; as a matter of fact, only one stockist imports it and sells it - for a hefty price, that is. The same thing happens with Caron's Pour Un Homme. Others are virtually impossible to find, for example, Guerlain's Habit Rouge. Remnant bottles are part ten year old imports. Others are just part of our colective history, like Pierre Cardin pour Homme.
    Agreed.

Nowhere in Toronto, Canada can I find Dior's: Tendre Poison. I was told it was 'discontinued' only to find out that it is still available in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by miss-little-miss View Post
    Hey Scorcery of Scent,

I live in Canada and I can check all places around and about and pick up some and send it to you? Of course you would need to pay for it but it would be no problem for me since I am always in the fragrance departments and stores anyway?

MissM
    Youre very kind Miss M, but I have sufficient access to Envy for the time being... but thanks so much for offering.
    This thread really only stands as a reminder for others to source some if needed, as the official word is an international deletion.

Thanks again,.

Well, I am happy you will survive

I know the pain...unfortunately I was not aware until it was too late!

Then I fell in love with other fragrances and YSL: NU doesn't seem to be missing from my life so much...lol.

Cheers!

P.S. 'International Deletion' sounds so horrific! It's almost as though they are not only going to stop making it but they will also wipe it from our memories as well!
    Last edited by miss-little-miss; 30th August 2010 at 02:43 AM.