Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Idylle (Eau de Toilette)

I have just noticed that Guerlain have followed up their Idylle EDP with an EDT version, due out in October.
    It differs in appearance from the EDP in that the base of the EDT teardrop bottle is clear as opposed to the EDP's gold and clear glass. The EDT accentuates the floral aspect of the EDP, and boasts a "modern reinterpretation of the famous Guerlinade by Thierry Wasser".
    (Colour me intrigued!)

I look forward to reading more comments on this when tested against the EDP.
    You can read more about it here:
    http://www.idylle-guerlain.com/

Default Re: Guerlain Idylle (Eau de Toilette)

I`m curious about this one. I hope that it`s better than idylle edp, that to me was very similar to Lovely by SJP and Narciso Rodriguez.

Thanks for sharing!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I`m curious about this one. I hope that it`s better than idylle edp, that to me was very similar to Lovely by SJP and Narciso Rodriguez.
    I haven't sampled the edt yet, so I don't know how it differs from the edp. I own the edp and I don't think it smells like either Lovely or Narciso Rodriguez. The only notes it shares with Lovely are patchouli and musk. NR for women does have Egyptian musk but that's the only note they have in common. Idylle's top notes are freesia, rose, raspberry, lilac, middle notes of jasmine, lily of the valley, peony and lily. Base notes are patchouli and musk. In MHO they are very different. There seems to be quite a few people who weren't impressed by Idylle, I would urge them to give it another try.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 26th August 2010 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Idylle's top notes are freesia, rose, raspberry, litchi, middle notes of jasmine, lily of the valley, peony and lily. Base notes are patchouli and musk. In MHO they are very different.
    The EDT will have a big infusion of Bulgarian rose, apparently.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    It will definitely be interesting to try it.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    That sounds like it will make it more distinctive-- worth retrying, then.

Sounds delightful! The description is of more fresh flower notes in the top, and added ylang-ylang in the base. In all, more floral. Not bad-sounding! The videos on the links are very intriguing indeed and I like the fact that the scent has been totally reformulated, not just sparkled up.

Blog Entries

Thierry Wasser has yet to show he is a worthy successor as the first perfumer at Guerlain. Idylle is lack luster and now an EDT flanker? I am not impressed. Time to start looking for a new coach IMO.

This should be interesting.

Thierry Wasser was here for the Asian launch event a while back and the air was full of Idylle. It's not my kind of scent but nice and it was a hit with many of the women in attendance. For a couple of weeks after the launch Guerlain did a nice thing with three (or possibly four) inverted long stemmed glasses, each with a paper lining featuring the individual component parts. For someone like me who grapples with dissecting a scent it was really interesting to sniff each element and then get a better picture of the whole.

I'm no apologist for the guy but with a couple of serious commercial launches under his belt for guys and gals + Quand Vient la Pluie (which is apparently quite something) and Tonka Imperiale (nice if you have a sweet tooth) I think he's off to not a bad start. And come to think of it I have been going thru my Cologne du Parfumeur at breakneck speed.

Time will tell, I guess.

I sampled the EDP and wasn't especially impressed. It seemed like an easy crowdpleaser, destined to be a commercial hit but nothing extraordinary. In fact, I distinctly thought it was meant to compete with D&G Rose the One. Why is it that big-name fragrances seem so wan nowadays? I remember the launches of Opium, YSL Paris, Coco...those fragrances richly deserved the followings they gained. But Idylle, Balenciaga Paris, YSL Parisienne? Who's going to care about them in 20 years?

Basenotes Plus

I tried the EDT yesterday and to me it feels just like a more sheer version of the EDP. The focus is on the 'mist of florals' rather than the patchouli or musk. I haven't done a side by side test yet but I'm not entirely convinced that it's different enough to warrant a purchase. I will definitely be giving it another go.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I was given samples of it yesterday. The sa sprayed a spill for me(I was wearing Mitsouko parfum, so no way was she spraying me), and yes it is lighter and fresher than the edp. Now I hated the edp on sniff, but this is not as cloying and I believe according to the sa they have actually taken out some of the notes from the edp. She told me they now have neroli in the middle notes and moved the patchouli down and also toned it down. Also the rose note is a fresher lighter version.
    DONNA

My sister gave me a botlle of Idylle EDT for my birthday.
    On my skin the Lily-of-the Valley sings out very clearly and
    it vaguely reminds me of the original Diorissimo in this respect.
    I find it a very uplifting, nonchalant scent ,like a breath of fresh air
    after all the heavy orientals I usually wear.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I'm trying the edt for the first time at skin right now. My impression is that this one seems like a silkier flower rendition of the edp. The rose is velvet, soft and has a discreet mint aspect on me that i can only detect when i put my nose close to the place where i applied the fragrance. I don't detect so much ylang-ylang here, just a pinch. There is something on this one that reminds me of carnation too. At the base the musk is still creamier and dominant and this time blended with a sweet restrained patchouli. To me this one is more close to the muscinade signature of the newest guerlains than to the guerlinade accord.

I love Idylle but it's pure perfume I'd like not anything lighter.

Basenotes Institution

Bump.
    I tried Idylle EDT on my travels this year and it really is quite lovely stuff. I prefer it over the EDP. Quite lasting too.There is definitely more rose in the EDT and I think I may have to get one of these .
    I'm also impatiently waiting to see or hear of the new Idylle extrait ??
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.