Code of Conduct

Default Secrets about Dzongkha disclosed

I sampled L'Artisans Parfumeurs Dzing! and Dzongkha recently. Dzing! might be taken as a variation on the vanilla plus something theme as for instance Bulgari Black is one. This time with leather (safraleine?) and horses debris.

Dzongkha smells exactly like these taste:

http://halalibo.de/bilder/produkte/g...la-1000Stk.jpg

licorice enriched with the (artifical) aroma of violetts. It is a niche product but known to many especially to educated people that would have the money to purchase Dzongkha.

The opening is violett, orris, woods. Then the violett / licorice theme takes over. The drydown develops a deeper woody impression, but still licorice (there are many kinds) plus violett.

Anybody else?
    Last edited by WildThingy; 26th August 2010 at 01:39 PM.

AromiErotici

Default Re: Secrets about Dzongkha disclosed

I found Dzongkha to be a contrived mess. Now, this is only one mans opinion and one persons trash is another persons treasure. L'Artisan as a whole leaves me completely underwhelmed.

I love Dzongkha and would buy those damn candies in a second if they were available where I live. I may even have to track them down online.

So, what are these "secrets"?
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Count me as another fan of Dzongkha.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I found Dzongkha to be a contrived mess. Now, this is only one mans opinion and one persons trash is another persons treasure. L'Artisan as a whole leaves me completely underwhelmed.
    I think this is exactly how I feel about it, in particular the last sentence. I make one exception, which is Dzing! This is really unique and I like it, but it flees off my body before the first hour is over...

I always thought it was weird, looking over the L'Artisan line that there would be not one but TWO scents whose names begin with the letters "Dz.." Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I think this is exactly how I feel about it, in particular the last sentence. I make one exception, which is Dzing! This is really unique and I like it, but it flees off my body before the first hour is over...
    By now I have Dzing!, Dzongkha, and Patchouli Patch. PP fits well, the style is calm, layed back as with Dz^2. I just was curious if anybody else connected the smell of Dzongkha to the violett / licorice combo. I have to admit I still have to give it a full wearing. Maybe the drydown, which in fact reveals some incense is more intense than on blotter.

Sorry, but i don’t get any licorice from Dzongkha. To me it’s mainly a tea scent with a too strong combination of iris and incense which puts me off. I will try the sweets though.