Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Freshest Smelling Chanel

Not long ago there was a thread about the "best" Chanel masculine, but I would like to know which one of them smells the "freshest" or "cleanest" to you? I'm talking about those marketed to men or those marketed to women that a man could legitimately pull off.

I've recently started exploring the Chanel line in earnest, and would like to know which one's I may be missing. Fresh, clean scents are my thing.

Default Re: Freshest Smelling Chanel

Bleu de Chanel
    Chanel Allure Sport
    Pour Monsieur

Allure Homme Sport is definitely the freshest.

But if you want to try the others in a fresher version there's always the After shave lotion, which can be used as a very light scent as well.
    That's what i use when -for example- i want to wear Antaeus but don't want a killer sillage.

Sur la Plage

Chanel Eau de Cologne
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Probably a toss up between Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche. Although Pour Monsieur is surprisingly fresh for such a classic scent. The new one, Bleu de Chanel, is also a contender. It's not the most original scent around, but you can tell it's high quality stuff.

Surprised no one mentioned Platinum Egoiste. I found this fragrance to be really fresh smelling. I recently got a chance to try out bleu de chanel and really liked it, hopefully the longevity is there.

Allure Sport to me is the freshest of the ones I tried.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Edition Blanche

Bleu

Basenotes Institution

Bel Respiro

And what about Allure Homme Sport Cologne? I had an impression that this would the freshest one from chanel.

Edition Blanche is the freshest smelling Chanel I've ever smelled.

Bleu is definitely fresher than Allure Homme Sport Cologne. In my book Bleu is on the top.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I would agree with Edition Blanche so far from what I have tried. It quickly climbed to the top of my personal favorites list. I'm really looking forward to trying Platinum Egoiste for the first time, and Bleu again.

I didn't think Allure Sport or Allure Sport Cologne were all that fresh when I tried them. But I tried them months ago when I was first starting to wear the likes of AdG and Versace Pour Homme. Compared to those, the Chanels were quite "warm" to me and wore a bit "heavier". I do need to try them again though.

I have no doubt that Eau de Cologne and Bel Respiro are fresh, as recommended, but at their price point I'm afraid they are probably outside my budget even if I liked them. I will have to try them for the experience of having done so though.

What about Cristalle? I've never smelled it, but I've been curious about it. How would those of you who have tried it describe it?

Blog Entries

Not to derail my own thread, but I have a female friend/coworker that has been wearing Chance. I swear I smell a lot of similarities between it (on her at least) and my own Allure Edition Blanche. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've tried just Homme Sport, Edition Blanche, Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste and from that 4 I found most refreshing Platinum Egoiste.
    Homme Sport and Edition Blanche have too sweet base to be considered refreshing.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I would agree with Edition Blanche so far from what I have tried. It quickly climbed to the top of my personal favorites list. I'm really looking forward to trying Platinum Egoiste for the first time, and Bleu again.

I didn't think Allure Sport or Allure Sport Cologne were all that fresh when I tried them. But I tried them months ago when I was first starting to wear the likes of AdG and Versace Pour Homme. Compared to those, the Chanels were quite "warm" to me and wore a bit "heavier". I do need to try them again though.

I have no doubt that Eau de Cologne and Bel Respiro are fresh, as recommended, but at their price point I'm afraid they are probably outside my budget even if I liked them. I will have to try them for the experience of having done so though.

What about Cristalle? I've never smelled it, but I've been curious about it. How would those of you who have tried it describe it?
    There's also Cristalle Eau Verte.

BTE - I heard a rumor they were going to release the Les Exclusifs line in smaller bottles. Plus there is always the decant/split option of the larger bottles.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

1. Platinum Egoiste - this one is cold, crisp, bracingly fresh in an elegant way

2. Eau De Cologne - classic freshness, albeit shortlived
    3. Allure Blanche - tart citric freshness

Bleu de Chanel

Pour Monsieur

Allure sport, followed by Edition Blanche. Though Edition Blanche is more unique and longer lasting, so it's the "fresher" one in the sense of being different than something offered by other brands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

BTE - I heard a rumor they were going to release the Les Exclusifs line in smaller bottles. Plus there is always the decant/split option of the larger bottles.
    Great news on the smaller bottles, and good idea on the decants. I've been doing a lot of decant purchasing and trading this year anyway. I may add these to my list. I have also heard that Atelier is going to be doing smaller bottles. I really hope Heeley will as well.

Bleu, hands down.

Cristalle and Cristalle Eau Verte are both great, in my opinion. They're very fresh, but in an herbally way rather than the more common aquatic/ozonic way. For that I'd go with Bleu.

Basenotes Plus

BTE - I heard a rumor they were going to release the Les Exclusifs line in smaller bottles. .
    This is true- the Boston Chanel Boutique was taking pre-orders at the meet-up in July
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Sport Cologne
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Cristalle Eau Verte is really fresh, a great one that can be easily worn by a man

Why does anyone want a "fresh" Chanel?

To me that's like going to a French restaurant and ordering a cheeseburger.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    why does anyone want a "fresh" chanel?

To me that's like going to a french restaurant and ordering a cheeseburger.
    lol
    Last edited by petruccijc; 27th August 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Very True! Up until the 80s the only truly fresh chanel was i think cristalle and then came the 2000s with its splashy-aqua-citrus-the freshest the better marathon and the house started going that way with more and more releases.

(allure homme eau fraîchissante pour l'eté, allure eau fraîchissante pour l'eté, allure homme sport, allure homme cologne, allure homme edition blanche, chance, chance eau fraîche, beige, bel respiro, cristale eau verte, eau de cologne and No5 eau première are all what i would call "fresh scents" and all came out in the 2000s.)

and i'm not even counting mists or lotions.

cheers

Blog Entries

Ok, even I had to laugh at this.

Honestly, though, I do love the "splashy-aqua-citrus-the freshest the better" fragrances (as castorpollux put it). And I am coming to appreciate the quality of the Chanel productions. So I guess I'm seeking that perfect gourmet cheeseburger.

Blog Entries

It's been mentioned, but don't forget Cristalle Eau Verte. It's like that Gendarme style, but done exceptionally well.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    Ok, even I had to laugh at this.

Honestly, though, I do love the "splashy-aqua-citrus-the freshest the better" fragrances (as castorpollux put it). And I am coming to appreciate the quality of the Chanel productions. So I guess I'm seeking that perfect gourmet cheeseburger.
    Nothing wrong with a good meaty cheeseburger i agree, sometimes it's all i ever want. !
    cheers