Code of Conduct

Thread: Gucci Guilty

Sur la Plage

Default Gucci Guilty

Anyone get a chance to try this yet?

Notes include mandarin, pink pepper, peach, lilac, geranium, amber and patchouli.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Gucci Guilty

I saw this yesterday but did not try it. Since Tom Ford left Gucci, I see his sexy ads are still in the Gucci arsenal for sales. That male model has the most beautiful eyelashes! And the beard...studpendous. (That was not a typo.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

I read that "Gucci creative director Frida Giannini is a big Streisand fan. The name "Guilty" came to her while she was in her car listening to a Streisand song of the same name." I think the bottle is pretty cool, with the interlocking G's. Hope to try Guilty as soon as it comes out.

Sur la Plage

I saw it in Saks, but didn't get to try it.

Basenotes Plus

On the Saks web site it's only offered in edt, does anyone know if that's all it comes in or does it also come in edp?

I tried it this weekend and did not like it at all. Okay, I know I'm really bad at this, and know because I just looked up the notes for what I'm about to compare it to and they're totally off eachother... But my strongest impression and reaction, after about 30 minutes of wear was, "Ugh, smells like a trashy, musky Champs-Elysees." Sorry, folks! That's all I could come up with. Really cool bottle, though.
    Looking forward to hearing other impressions - probably more accurate and possibly more positive!

Basenotes Plus

I love the bottle and the TV ad! The scent? Not so much...
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I have only smelled it on a magazine strip (September Vogue). It reminded me of something, but I could not figure out what it was. Maybe D&G The One (?), although I have not smelled that in ages. Now I need to go and test the real thing, since magazine strips are not very reliable IMHO.
    Evenstar

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I bought it today, a 100ml, that's how much I love it.
    I'm not usually a fan of Gucci, but this one is fab.
    It's sweet and winegum'ish ... it's sooo delish!

I'm a fool at describing scents, so you'll just have to
    try it out for yourself.

Basenotes Plus

I bought this today and I just love it. It's an oriental floral with mandarin orange, peach, lilac, geranium, amber, patchouli and pink pepper. In looking at the notes I didn't know if I'd like it, but it's so good! The longevity is great, I put it on 6 hours ago and it's still going strong. The bottle is beautiful and love the packaging, with the black and gold. I highly recommend it.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Yeah, I gave it my first full wear today, and I got complimented by a female stranger, nice!

I hate the bottle, though, one needs to constantly clean it, as fingerprints are very visable!

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    I tried it this weekend and did not like it at all. Okay, I know I'm really bad at this, and know because I just looked up the notes for what I'm about to compare it to and they're totally off eachother... But my strongest impression and reaction, after about 30 minutes of wear was, "Ugh, smells like a trashy, musky Champs-Elysees." Sorry, folks! That's all I could come up with. Really cool bottle, though.
    Looking forward to hearing other impressions - probably more accurate and possibly more positive!
    I, too, was reminded of Champs Elysees, but I liked it. I found it more sexy, less innocent. I adore the lilac accord and think it is brilliant with the patchouli. Yes, it is the designer, sleek patchouli, but I will definately wear it, especially in the spring.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

I have a question for you guys, can this be used as a unisex fragrance? The lady let me sample this in the Male fragrance section so I was surprised that this was actually considered a female fragrance. I really liked it though, but I do sorta feel it can be very floral but the dry down is really good.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    And the beard...studpendous. (That was not a typo.)
    LOL My laugh for the evening!

I agree that the ad is quite hot. But my main interest is the tattoo. Can anybody make it out? (so to speak )

Basenotes Institution

I tried this one at Macy's and I do like it a lot ( even though it has pink pepper in it ! ) It has that Gucci signature- like the same underlying base to Gucci by Gucci in the brown bottle but it's sweeter and lighter. The patchouli is airy . Macy's has a promotion where you get a cute black bottle of the lotion too .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LOL My laugh for the evening!

I agree that the ad is quite hot. But my main interest is the tattoo. Can anybody make it out? (so to speak )
    The male model, is in fact the smokin' actor Chris Evans. That particular tattoo says 'LOYALTY'. Lucky Evan Rachel Woods.

I have tried it. I tried it a few weeks ago and also have a sample of it still. I like it but I don't think I'd buy it. It's definitely different for Gucci. A sweet oriental that doesn't have that cold fusion metallic gucci signature smell like their previous female scents. I think they are following the women-like-sweet trend in a less candy flossed way. I am sure it will do well
    " Nothing can be known - not even this..." - Carneades

I tried it today, it is nice, but I fell in love with Eau Claire des Merveilles
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I tried it today, it is nice, but I fell in love with Eau Claire des Merveilles
    EauDCMerveilles is the new Hermes isn't it? I haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to it! Also, I look forward to Clive Christian's 2 new scents 'C' for men & 'C' for women. It's been eons since the last fragrance was launched!
    " Nothing can be known - not even this..." - Carneades

I am extremely picky. I bought Gucci Guilty today. Trying to find the right scent for fall. I just came off my summer beach phase. I have a wide range of perfumes from the beach inspired to Angel (forced myself to like) Ralph Lauren Clean, Chanel Allure, Vera Wang, Pink Sugar etc etc. Sephora gets too much of my money. I took a sample of Burberry London its the only one I like. I tried Guilty last week and didn't like it. I then kept thinking about it and went back and bought it today. I actually love it now! Its not too strong, its has to me, ( not a very well versed "scent person") a warm, sexy, creamy scent w/ a touch of patchouli. I'm interested in the experienced basenotes folks opinions...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Tried it at Sephora last week-- it's not for me.

I'm test wearing it right now, I can smell lilac and slight pepper. So far it smells like so many other perfumes, it is not unique enough for me, and doesn't seem to have much staying power. Otherwise it smells nice, just not good enough to warrent buying a bottle.
    Last edited by Rizack; 30th September 2010 at 09:20 AM.

I wasn't super excited by it,but I do think the lilac note is gorgeous in it.Probably would purchase if I came across a good deal,but not at full retail.
    The nose wants what it wants!