Code of Conduct

Default Do women wear Kouros, Quorum or scents that are typically masculine?

Question. Gourmand men's fragrances (Au Masculin, Body Kouros etc.) are popular with women. But I wondered if any women wore scents like Kouros (original) and Quorom.
    Or any other scent that is as masculine overall but they would wear.
    Fougeres don't seem that popular with women, if there are any exceptions, please say.
    Thanks.
    Le Mentaliste Magnifique

Default Re: Do women wear Kouros, Quorum or scents that are typically masculine?

I like and wear Yatagan, L'Anarchiste & Le Troisieme Homme, they all seem pretty masculine to me

Default Re: Do women wear Kouros, Quorum or scents that are typically masculine?

Yay, Jacona! Another vote here for Yatagan for women. I also layer Antaeus with a hint of AL Roses.

Quote Originally Posted by lodz View Post
    But I wondered if any women wore scents like Kouros (original) and Quorom.
    I could see Quorum being popular with women. I find it to be similar to Estee Lauder's Azuree and Clinique's Aromatics Elixir. All three are chypres. (And I adore all three, but that is another story.)

I have been known to wear and have owned male fragrances. I used to always wear Versace Blue Jeans. I like wearing Polo (original) and I adore Royal Copenhagen ( the RC smells really nice on my skin! ).
    " Nothing can be known - not even this..." - Carneades

I really like Anteus, Cool Water and Aramis (which is basically waht Cabochard used to be.) I would not be caught dead in Kouros, but that is just my preference.

LOL! Don't even get me started! I wear Parfum d'Habit and Richard James EDT.

Some are my all-time scents include Derby (Sous Le Vent for men), Aramis (like Azuree), Le Troisieme Homme, Pour Un Homme, Habit Rouge, Mouchoir de Monsieur, Arome Trois and others. I have not worn Kouros simply because it's not for me, not because of the gender label.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I wear quite a few men's.
    Caron Pour Homme, 3rd Man.
    B*Men
    Guerlain Hertiage, Monchoir de Monsieur
    YSL Pour Homme, M7, Opium pour Homme
    Creed Santal Imperial, Original Santal, Bois du Portugal
    Parfums de Nicolai New York, Baldin
    MPG Eau de Iles, Santal Noble
    DONNA

I wear Egoiste, Egoiste Platinum and Antaeus.

Another vote for Aramis, which is similar to both vintage Cabochard and vintage Bandit. I must try Devin and the rest of the Aramis line-up as well, and Bernard Chant is fast becoming one of my favourite noses. I wouldn't hesitate to wear Antaeus either.

Yes ! I will wear Quarum as it is in the Cabochard,Azuree camp many of those mentioned above are on my got to try buy list .I will wear fougeres when the mood strikes Pierre Cardin or a vintage Avon mens .Orientals seem unisex to me and ILOVEOpium mens in edt and edp -though edp is so much better!

I love very much 1725 Casanova by Histoire de Parfums and Le Dandy by D'Orsay which are typically masculine scents.

Quote Originally Posted by donniekaterina View Post
    I love very much 1725 Casanova by Histoire de Parfums and Le Dandy by D'Orsay which are typically masculine scents.
    Le Dandy is another I wear as well, but this must be the 1990s version, correct?

In 2009, they launched an eau de parfum version of Le Dandy. Almost the same but without oakmoss.

The tale of the Comte d'Orsay being a perfumer, of course, is a marketing "legend" started in 1908 when the company came into being. He was a heavy perfume user but never made it for himself. As a matter of fact, when he, his wife and mother-in-law moved from Paris to London in 1830, they stock-piled orange flower water.
    Last edited by Primrose; 1st September 2010 at 04:11 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Yes,you're right it's been reformulated.Unfortunatelly