Code of Conduct

Thread: CdG - Odeur 71

Default CdG - Odeur 71

After reading the notes for this one,

(Electricity, Metal, Office, Mineral, Dust on a hot light bulb, photocopier toner, Hot metal, Toaster, fountain pen ink, Pencil Shavings, The salty taste of a battery, incense, Wood, Moss, Willow, Elm, Birch, Bamboo, Hyacinth and Lettuce Juice.)

I was expecting something really crazy smelling, but what I almost get is warm electrical wiring behind a computer desk. It's dusty, it's warm, there's elements of plastic. It's an odd fragrance because it doesnt smell woody, fresh, or anything like that, so it's kinda boring, but yet, I cant pull my nose away from my hand. I keep catching something new each time.

Interesting scent to say the least and very wearable.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Default Re: CdG - Odeur 71

CDG 73 and 51 are bold releases... i never thought it was meant to be a daily wear.. imho, it's somethign for a fragrance nut who is constantly looking for a new experience...

Sickly long-lasting. Gave it away because it smelt like saliva on a glass pane. Harisa has a lot from 71 but is way better.

Yeah this is wearable, it somehow plays a role that a simple clean musk would - something that those around you wouldn't recognize as perfume.
    For me, this is the smell of cold air in an urban area.

The jury is out yet if it's something i'd ever want a full bottle of. Having the little sample is enough for now. I need to give it a few more wearings to really get a handle on it.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    The jury is out yet if it's something i'd ever want a full bottle of. Having the little sample is enough for now. I need to give it a few more wearings to really get a handle on it.
    I have a sample too. First it reminded me of a sensation I had as a kid. By now I'm quite sure it was about rotting cherries or plums in the backyard. The resemblance to dust on a lamp is quite clear. I love it. I regret my purchases of L'Artisan Perfumes and other "niche" as they just did more of the same. A game of note compiling.

#71 is new, innovative. While the Etat Libre D'Orange line follows a comic style (once) of hard contrast and catchy stories, say DADA, Hard Edge, this is Color Field. I really would like more of such around. I can't understand why Luca Turin gave Beyond Paradise 5* for just resembling flowers in abstraction, but didn't even get the idea of total abstraction. As an amateur I'm not sure if it is easy or not to avoid any resemblance to a specific smell and still being polite to the nose. From my current standpoint both #53 and #71 are great without a doubt.

Basenotes Institution

My favorite 'anti-fragrance', I usually only wear it when I go clubbing. I have to really douse myself in it, to get it to stick...but then it sort of sucks all of the other smells around me into it's vortex...and all I smell is the metallic, plastic, synthetic absence-of-smell.

I like this much better than Odeur 53, which still gives me a headache when I try to wear it. Nonetheless, I own mini bottles of both...I can't imagine ever needing more than that.

True story: One time when I was at Scent Bar in LA, and this woman customer came in to buy a bottle of Odeur 71 for her boyfriend - she said it was his signature scent. I remember thinking, wow - sounds like a cool guy! She asked the Scent Bar staff if there 'was anything like Odeur 71' and I remember looking over at them and shaking my head. There is NOTHING like this stuff. She ended up buying him a replacement bottle of Odeur 71, the huge one.

Works very well on my skin.....One of my faves from this house.....I will always have this in my collection!!!
    Gary