Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Thoughts on Calvin Klein Eternity

I have written a fair amount recently on the Original bottles from Calvin Klein - Calvin (1981), Obsession for Men (1985) and I was nearly certain Eternity (1989) all were initially labeled by Calvin Klein as "Cologne" or "Cologne Spray". I had the first two, Calvin and Obsession for Men in their Original bottles, labeled "Cologne Spray" and "Cologne" respectively. Please note, these bottles had Eau de Toilette strength juice with very good quality ingredients - FAR superior to reformulations, as they all were re-branded Eau de Toilette. I remember in high school (as I graduated in 1991) how Eternity made me feel, as it was an absolutely wonderful and a truly amazing scent - fresh, masculine, invigorating and SO popular!

I looked everywhere for a while on Ebay and beyond and could not find a bottle of Eternity that did not have Eau de Toilette on it, although sellers claimed it was Vintage. I waited - patience is virtue. An absolutely perfect condition bottle (with fully-preserved juice in it) just arrived...Original Eternity for Men "Cologne Spray". It smells incredible! Now, I am content. I have the three Vintage bottlings by Calvin Klein with the original formulation.

I am very lucky...cheers,

ericrico

Eternity for Men, Vintage Cologne.jpg
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

You are correct the original cologne version was amazing the sillage trail could follow you for miles. The reminded me of jasmine masculine jasmine. Cherish that bottle ericrico and enjoy it!

Thank you, scentimus!

I feel the memories of when I was 17-22 in the wonderful aroma (with a single spray on my arm, after having to pump several times to get the first spray out of the bottle - this was totally new, time-warped to me!)

Cheers!

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    You are correct the original cologne version was amazing the sillage trail could follow you for miles. The reminded me of jasmine masculine jasmine. Cherish that bottle ericrico and enjoy it!
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Don't care for it. Makes Cool Water look like gold.

Russel -

I own, now (again) both Original Vintage Eternity and Original Script Logo Cool Water. I have to say that, while they share notes, they each have a unique feel/vibe. I agree that current formulation of Eternity (and Cool Water) are both totally inferior.

If you smelled what is on my arm for the last 6 hours, I don't think you would feel that way. I only would wear the Vintage juice of these Calvin Klein bottlings...labeled "Cologne".

But, to each their own - cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Don't care for it. Makes Cool Water look like gold.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Curve overtook Eternity simply because it sold for half of the price and was more accessible in stores like Wal Mart and Target.

Eternity was one of my favorites when I first started collecting. I really liked the soapy opening, but when I purchased it and saw how green it got on my skin, I was surprised. I don't think it's a bad fragrance, but of everything I own, Eternity is probably the one I wear the least often.

Another one, like Cool Water, Curve and Allure Homme, that just never worked on me. But it did for thousands of others!

i had a vintage bottle of Eternity from the late 80's as a hand me down from my older brother...you cant ever forget the cap on that one...i remember spraying on drakkar noir and splashing on Eternity from the flacon at the same time before a dance in grade school....talk about PROJECTION

- - - Updated - - -

i also inherited his polo green and givenchy PI...his next purches were cool water and i think ADG
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Dependent

I used to date a woman who wore Eternity exclusively, and it smelled good on her. I didn't find it masculine at all, but it had plenty of sillage.

Liked it enough to buy it. I just don't wear it very much

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Russel -

I own, now (again) both Original Vintage Eternity and Original Script Logo Cool Water. I have to say that, while they share notes, they each have a unique feel/vibe. I agree that current formulation of Eternity (and Cool Water) are both totally inferior.

If you smelled what is on my arm for the last 6 hours, I don't think you would feel that way. I only would wear the Vintage juice of these Calvin Klein bottlings...labeled "Cologne".

But, to each their own - cheers,

ericrico
    Only have tried the new(er) versions, I believe. If I'll come across a vintage Eternity (or CW, though I don't mind the new version) I'll make sure to give it a try.