Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What is your take on Aventus?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great - One of Creed's best new releases and I'm completely in love!

56 42.42%
  • Good - It's definitely a good fragrance, but not spectacular. Would be nice if it were cheaper.

53 40.15%
  • Disappointed - It's pretty run-of-the-mill and I expected more from this release (and from Creed).

20 15.15%
  • Terrible - I do not think it smells good. I would never choose to wear this again.

3 2.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: CREED Aventus breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    I have C4210E01 which I got at Neiman Marcus as it came out and I believe that this is the one most have been complaining about the longevity, however the more I use it, the more I like the scent. Where did you get the C42B10J01 if you don't mind me asking?
    I also recently received a bottle of c4210e01, and it is better longevity wise than c4210e02, but not as good as A4210e01. The newer batch c42b10j01 has almost no pineapple, green apple, or currant when compared to a4210e01 or c4210e01, but it does have much more longevity in the base than any other batch, but it smells ALOT like the Himalaya ambergris drydown, with not enough of the vanilla/isobutavan/patchouli that made the A4210e01 drydown seem distinctive(although too weak)

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I also recently received a bottle of c4210e01, and it is better longevity wise than c4210e02, but not as good as A4210e01. The newer batch c42b10j01 has almost no pineapple, green apple, or currant when compared to a4210e01 or c4210e01, but it does have much more longevity in the base than any other batch, but it smells ALOT like the Himalaya ambergris drydown, with not enough of the vanilla/isobutavan/patchouli that made the A4210e01 drydown seem distinctive(although too weak)
    Which batch would you recommend the most for purchase? I also went to Nordstrom today and they had the 120ml with the lot number that ended in K03.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

Which batch would you recommend the most for purchase? I also went to Nordstrom today and they had the 120ml with the lot number that ended in K03.
    I have not been to Nieman's in a while, so I have not smelled anything ending in an 03....and I'm unsure if the original Nieman's tester back in July was A4210G01C...so I can't comment on that batch. All I can say is depending on what aspect people like about AVENTUS, they should buy accordingly based on the descriptive posts here on BN.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I have not been to Nieman's in a while, so I have not smelled anything ending in an 03....and I'm unsure if the original Nieman's tester back in July was A4210G01C...so I can't comment on that batch. All I can say is depending on what aspect people like about AVENTUS, they should buy accordingly based on the descriptive posts here on BN.
    My main concern is the longevity.
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

My main concern is the longevity.
    Do you like the fruity apple/pineapple more?
    Or do you happen to like the smokey drydown more?

I love the smokey drydown. I think I'm in my smokey fragrance stage
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

I recieved the 4 oz bottle that ended in K03 and I am not happy with it at all. I get more smoke than pineapple.

Sounds like this batch is for you. Go for it.

Word of warning though: It isn't as potent/strong as the pineapple heavy version.
    Last edited by b0n3z; 26th December 2010 at 11:37 PM.

How is the longevity?
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

If you want very little fruit/pineapple and a long lasting smokey musk ambergris drydown.....c42b10j01......especially if you also like Himalaya's drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I recieved the 4 oz bottle that ended in K03 and I am not happy with it at all. I get more smoke than pineapple.
    it sounds like this may be similar to c42b10j01....almost no apple, no currant, and very little pineapple....however it is strong.

How is the longevity?
    Longevity is still there, same as the pineapple heavy batch (I never had longevity issues), however like I said potency/sillage is lacking. Of course this is my opinion.

Given Aventus' blatantly cheap olfactory make-up, I expect with gentle impatience future passionate controversies regarding which batch of Coca-Cola is truly preferable, and whether the classic bottle or the modern one better encompasses the One and True Real formula of this drink of Great Genius... (-:

After all, corn syrup crops are not identical to each other, you know...

Do you believe that it can be a signature scent? Has the fullness, the character and the interest (not boring) as a perfume?

Although I am not a believer in signature scents anymore, I'd say yes (given that you own one of the good smelling bottles).

Quote Originally Posted by The Grifter View Post
    Aventus, imo, is the best of any Creed to date...and I have most of them.
    I love Creed Aventus. It is my favorite Creed frag.

Quote Originally Posted by sailim View Post
    Do you believe that it can be a signature scent? Has the fullness, the character and the interest (not boring) as a perfume?
    Yes!