Code of Conduct

Default Help me make my next purchase guys!

yo guys. suggest some fragrances that i can find at macys or sephora

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index....29230742625890

http://www.sephora.com/browse/sectio...egoryId=S33333

those are the fragrances that they have if u want to look through them

im looking for a fall/cold weather fragrance that is not dominatly sweet. it could have a hint of sweetness and stuff, but nothing like Pi(which i already own)

the ones that i have been thinking about lately are Burberry London, Gucci by Gucci, La Nuit. i already own Pi, Armani Code, Acqua Di Gio, Burberry Brit(just the ones from the macys/sephora catalog) so try not to suggest those, but any other from those two links i posted. thanks alot for your help guys!

Default Re: Help me make my next purchase guys!

Burberry London my friend!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci PH I
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

1. Gucci PH (Semi dry peppery incense, which I love wearing in the winter)
    2. Bulgari Black (some-what sweet but still unique and captivating)
    3. Kenzo Pour Homme (slightly "aquatic", but with a unique twist that makes it more than your average aquatic scent)

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Gucci PH I
    Quote Originally Posted by IKL View Post
    1. Gucci PH (Semi dry peppery incense, which I love wearing in the winter)
    2. Bulgari Black (some-what sweet but still unique and captivating)
    3. Kenzo Pour Homme (slightly "aquatic", but with a unique twist that makes it more than your average aquatic scent)
    yeah i also was interested in this. havent smelled it yet but still very interested because i am looking for a more mature (not neccesarily old man scent becuase im a college student) fragrance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

London does get recommended a lot on here, though I've never tried it. For fall/winter, of the one's you mentioned that you are considering, I'd go with La Nuit.

Burberry London

as i read more and more about gucci PH 1, i hear it just smells like pencil shavings. can someone elaborate on this fragrance?

also, my skin seems to have problems with projection and longetivity, so id appreciate if ud suggest a fragrance that is more on the strong side

Post Thanks / Like

Burberry Touch

Burberry London with body wash, to increase longevity and projection.

Check out Chanel Pour Monsieur for a really nice classic smelling scent. I tried it at my Sephora last week and picked it up right away. Can't believe I haven't bought it before now. For something more modern check out Dior Homme Sport.

Burberry London from your list. I also recommend Dior Homme. It starts a little sweet, but it dries down to a beautiful, classic masculine base scent. Try before you buy. You can find it at the better, bigger Sephoras. Not all Sephoras carry the same things.

Another one that's caught my attention lately: Fahrenheit 32. It's in most department stores, and Sephora too. Worth a try. It's different; I get the idea it won't be widely available for long.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read this here on the boards several times myself. I personally don't get the pencil shavings. For me it's much more akin to the smell of fresh ground black pepper and incense.

While I wouldn't say this edt is an old man fragrance. It has a sophisticated classiness to it that seems to transcend age.

The projection and longevity are good but maybe not as strong or long lasting as Burberry London.

btw, the list that i gave does not mean that im going to decide from those. i will decide from any fragrance in those two links that i provided.

but burberry london has been intruiging me for a while

I can recommend sniffing the following:

Gucci by Gucci PH
    Burberry London
    Gucci PH (it does smell like pencil shaving.. pencil shavings and amber)
    D&G The One
    Xeryus Rouge
    AdP Colonia Intensa
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

idk. im very very very eager to smell gucci ph at the store. from the reviews ive read, its either a fragrance that u love so very dearly that its intoxicating and your obsessed with it, or its a fragrance that u cant stand. im eager to see what my reaction will be

acqua di gio and code and call it a day.

Dior Homme
    YSL La Nuit
    Burberry brit/london (boring though)

And if you want to spend a little extra, check tom ford extreme and tom ford black orchid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    as i read more and more about gucci PH 1, i hear it just smells like pencil shavings. can someone elaborate on this fragrance?
    Yeah that's all I got on my skin. Pure pencil shavings unfortunately.

Burberry London is great but it's quite sweet, even for me. So it's definitely only a cold weather fragrance. I made the mistake of wearing it in the warmth and it made me feel sick. If I had to choose, my favorite cold weather fragrance would have to be L'instant de Guerlain Extreme. It's hard to find fault with it. Slightly spicy and slightly sweet with a dusting of cocoa.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

i tihnk i know what direction im going in tomorrow. when i go in tomorrow i will probably be deciding between :

Gucci by Gucci
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Gucci Envy
    Burberry London
    YSL La Nuit

Ill try all the Armanis Diamond, Mani, Attitude as well.

Tomorrows going to be a fun day

I'd try everything by YSL actually, though not all of them are appealing to everyone. M7, Body Kouros and La Nuit are the basic must tries I'd say.

DeepSilence

i tihnk i know what direction im going in tomorrow. when i go in tomorrow i will probably be deciding between :

Gucci by Gucci
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Gucci Envy
    Burberry London
    YSL La Nuit

Ill try all the Armanis Diamond, Mani, Attitude as well.

Tomorrows going to be a fun day
    I wanted to write exactly this list !! Except Burberry London

+1 Dior Homme and Bulgari Black
    I don't get much more than pencil shavings from Gucci PH I.

If you want something more mature and sweet: Dior Fahrenheit!
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 27th August 2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Check out Chanel Pour Monsieur for a really nice classic smelling scent. I tried it at my Sephora last week and picked it up right away. Can't believe I haven't bought it before now. For something more modern check out Dior Homme Sport.
    Was it Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree? That is what is sold in Sephora stores in the US - and a different fragrance from Chanel pour Monsieur.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Aqua di Gio
    Burberry London

Check out Egoiste Platinum (Chanel). Sounds like your taste.

I applied Code yesterday and it reminded me of a chemical toilet in the back of a bus. On a good note, the woman I'm involved with appreciated it.

Post Thanks / Like

Once upon a time I used to like Bulgari Black...I still find its somewhat out-of-control opening notes of rubber interesting, but the almost immediate drydown of a dump of cheap, loud synthy vanilla now just annoys me.

My vote is for Gucci pour homme 1...the most refined and interesting of the 'woody-cedar' scents (Rush men, Tumulte pour homme, etc)
    -

i woke up this morning with my mind now eager to try La Nuit(i have smelled it before. i absolutely loved it. im just remembering those feelings now), Burberry London, and Chanel Egoiste Platinum (ive heard some great reviews on this. im pretty excited to try them)

All in all, im prolly going to be spending an hour+ smelling aloooot of fragrances.

im off guys, ill come back and tell u which one i chose and my thoughts on it. wish me luck!

Well, im back from a long day of searching for my next fragrance at the mall at macys, nordstroms, and sephora. let me tell u my thoughts on some of the ones i tried.

First of all, i sniffed Gucci Pour Homme, and im sorry, but there is nothing good about this fragrance to my nose. i do not know how anyone could possibly spend 40-70 dollars on this fragrance. it does in fact smell like just pencil shavings, and it smells very similar to another fragrance i have and am not too crazy over at all, Tommy Bahama Men.

One that i sniffed that i really was looking forward to sniffing and potential buying was Burberry London. Im not gunna lie, i actually liked it. It was very warm with that hint of Cinnamon. It really did infact, "smell like christmas". i did like it. it was a very mature scent, but im very cautious with my money, and the fact that the only time i could wear this IMO is strictly cold winter nights just directed me to buy what is now going to be my signature fragrance:

the fragrance i ended up buying was YVES SAINT LAURENT LA NUIT DE L'HOMME... WOW. ive sniffed this at department stores alot before i really really got into fragrances, and i remember i absolutely loved it and continued sniffing the paper sample of it all throughout the day because i couldnt get enough of it, and my feelings towards it have no changed at all. I said i wanted to go in today and buy a fragrance that is not very sweet, but La Nuit is sweet in a different way. IMO, its not an immature sweetness. Its was of the most seductive scents ive ever smelled in my life. I put some of the tester on myself after i bought it and then went to dinner, and immediately i got my first compliment from the hostess, and then the waitress. La Nuit de l'homme is really about to take Burrbery Brits spot at number one in my wardrobe. I ADORE this scent and cannot be more pleased with my purchase. Thank you for this Yves Saint Laurent!

Last edited by JonnyLeMale; 28th August 2010 at 05:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah GPHI is definitely not my thing. GPHII on the other hand is incredible! Did you get to try that one?
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Yeah GPHI is definitely not my thing. GPHII on the other hand is incredible! Did you get to try that one?
    yes i did sample GPHII as well. but the only reason i didnt purchase it is because ive heard it has longevity problems and projection problems, and my skin doesnt project well to begin with, so it wouldnt have been a good match. i also have read that they have GPHII at marshalls where it will be much cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Was it Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree? That is what is sold in Sephora stores in the US - and a different fragrance from Chanel pour Monsieur.
    Thanks for clarifying. I guess it was the Concentrée version I tested at Sephora, then. I sprayed it on a tester strip alongside many others and noticed it smelled "dated" compared to the others, but I still liked it. I ordered the original Chanel Pour Monsieur (1955) online and the funny thing is, this doesn't smell "dated" to me at all despite it being older than the Concentrée. So, yeah, I can see now that they're two different scents I'm dealing with here. I like them both, but I think the original 1955 Chanel Pour Monsieur is the superior of the two. Pity Sephora doesn't carry it, it smells completely modern and timeless while the Concentrée, fine as it is, seems a little more "of an era."
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 28th August 2010 at 06:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yes i did sample GPHII as well. but the only reason i didnt purchase it is because ive heard it has longevity problems and projection problems, and my skin doesnt project well to begin with, so it wouldnt have been a good match. i also have read that they have GPHII at marshalls where it will be much cheaper
    Yeah it actually does unfortunately I have oily skin so if a scent has bad longevity on me, it DEFINITELY has bad longevity. I don't mind it too much though, I usually keep a decant in my pocket. It's so versatile! L'Artisans Tea for Two is quite similar but more limited. GPHII is goof all year round but I see Tea for Two as more of a Fall/Winter fragrance.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

took my new purchase, La Nuit, out for a test drive. the girl i was hanging out with gives me a hug. first thing she says "OH MY GOD. you smell fuckign great"

btw, id like to add that i really really like the bottle. i couldnt really tell what it looked like til i stepped out tonight. i looked at dark black night sky, and then the moon. the bottle looks like the night sky with the moonlight. which is cool cuz la nuit means the night in french. its very nice if u think about it
    Last edited by JonnyLeMale; 28th August 2010 at 08:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

took my new purchase, La Nuit, out for a test drive. the girl i was hanging out with gives me a hug. first thing she says "OH MY GOD. you smell fuckign great"

btw, id like to add that i really really like the bottle. i couldnt really tell what it looked like til i stepped out tonight. i looked at dark black night sky, and then the moon. the bottle looks like the night sky with the moonlight. which is cool cuz la nuit means the night in french. its very nice if u think about it
    Cool man! Scores all around. Great when a scent testing voyage scores a treasure isn't it? Thanks for the great reviews and results, Jonny19.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favourites is L'instant by Guerlain, so ill recommend it highly. (for me) it can be used at every occasion, and everyone seems to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Cool man! Scores all around. Great when a scent testing voyage scores a treasure isn't it? Thanks for the great reviews and results, Jonny19.
    yes it really is great!!! i know its the personality that makes the person, but when u smell fantastic to a girl, it just helps everything out!! im exstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Abliss View Post
    One of my favourites is L'instant by Guerlain, so ill recommend it highly. (for me) it can be used at every occasion, and everyone seems to like it.
    yessir it is great!! as u can see from my sig, i own it and its very high on my list. it is a wonderful fragrance, and it is one of my most complimented. why? because the day after i bought it i wore it at a fancy wedding and got 16, yes 16!!! compliments in one night!

fountain

prada infusion d'homme

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent choice Jonny. YSL is not my favorite house, but La Nuit and L'homme are the two that I can wear and enjoy. I also think La Nuit is the most "sexy", "seductive" masculine fragrance I've ever smelled. The original L'homme isn't quite as interesting, but I think it is better suited for regular daily wear (not that La Nuit can't be).

Wear it and enjoy. This fragrance "bug" has definitely bit you now, like it has many of us on Basenotes.

Burberry London is the perfect fall scent in the designer fragrances-category. Very evocative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    Excellent choice Jonny. YSL is not my favorite house, but La Nuit and L'homme are the two that I can wear and enjoy. I also think La Nuit is the most "sexy", "seductive" masculine fragrance I've ever smelled. The original L'homme isn't quite as interesting, but I think it is better suited for regular daily wear (not that La Nuit can't be).

Wear it and enjoy. This fragrance "bug" has definitely bit you now, like it has many of us on Basenotes.
    i could not agree more!

Post Thanks / Like

London is too close to brit. So I can't suggest it since you have already brit. And brit it better than london too. Anyway, I suggest:

Yves saint Laurent pour l'homme
    Dolce & Gabbana pour homme
    Perry Ellis ph
    Lancome hypnose
    Fahrenheit 32
    Bulgari black
    god bless oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by sarelle500gr View Post
    London is too close to brit. So I can't suggest it since you have already brit. And brit it better than london too.
    I don't agree. I love London but can't stand Brit. To me they're two completly different fragrances.