Code of Conduct

Default Replacement for Davidoff Cool Water Summer Fizz...? Please help!

Hello

I am new to the world of men's fragrances, and am looking to buy my other half a replacement for his Davidoff Cool Water (Summer Fizz edition) which, although I quite like, I discovered was bought by his ex, so I'd quite like to get something new!

He has also had that scent for years now, and I'm looking for something still reasonably 'fresh' smelling, but a bit more grown up (he's 29). He's quite outdoorsy and active, but I find the 'sport' fragrances can be a bit too much like duck toilet freshener on first smelling, so was hoping someone might be able to make some suggestions for something that is suitable for wearing all day/night and isn't quite as 'cheap' smelling as the Davidoff? (i.e. less fresh I guess, something a little richer/deeper but not too sweet - tried the YSL 'l'homme' which smelt like a woman's perfume as it was quite sweet).

In the shop I quite liked Paul Smith Extreme, but that has received pretty negative reviews, and so now I've been put off!

Any advice gratefully appreciated! Many thanks!

Default Re: Replacement for Davidoff Cool Water Summer Fizz...? Please help!

Similar to Cool Water Summer Fizz? I would say try Chanel Platinum Egoiste - it still has that slight freshness to it but it comes off smelling so much richer & classier. I'm not good at describing the notes but I think this could definitely be a winner. If you arn't afraid of spending a bit more, I'd also suggest Creed Green Irish Tweed - it gets alot of rap for being similar to Cool Water, but I prefer it by leaps and bounds. You can smell the quality in it, and is extremly good in both warm and cool weather.
    Also welcome to Basenotes.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Kenneth Cole Reaction, Escada Sunset Heat, Ermenegildo Zegna Summe, Calvin Klein One flankers etc.

Blog Entries

Start with Versace Pour Homme. After that check out Bvlgari Aqva, L'eau d'Issey, L'eau Par Kenzo, Nautica Voyage, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome, and Bleu de Chanel. I would recommend Acqua di Gio too, but that one is pretty common, and I think Versace Pour Homme is a more mature take on it anyway.

All of these are designer fragrances that you can find at almost any department store for <$75, and online for even less (except for Chanel). If you have a Sephora or Ulta near you, stop in there. They usually have the testers already out for you to use.

By the way, I had the same impression of YSL L'Homme when I smelled it on paper. It really blooms into something much better on skin though. Still, it is a bigger departure from Cool Water than the one's I've listed above.

Green Irish Tweed is a rich Cool Water (with a rich price)

Something more fresh, rich complex and mature (and not that pricey) is Chanel Allure Homme Sport, or Allure Edition Blanche.
    And Dior Homme too.

Will not bankrupt you, and thats quite amazing scents.

I vote for Chanel's Bleu. A classier, warmer Cool Water.