Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New: YSL La Nuit De L´Homme Le Parfum (EDP)

Anyone find out from YSL the release date for the US? I hate when Europe gets fragrances before us : )

It's usually the other way around.

Also interested in the EDP as I feel the EDT has terrible longevity and projection.

It's available in Croatia, but I've only tried it on paper, had no free place on my exposed skin to test it on skin. On the paper it smells the same as EDT. This week I'll test it on my skin wearing EDT on one of my arms then I'll try to give you ppl a bit better insight about it

EDT lasts way more than 10 hours on me. I obviously have gratious skin, same goes for London
    Last edited by Zgb; 29th September 2010 at 08:57 AM.

very rare but available in poland, there are samples already im on queue !
    ive heard many good things about this "upgrade"
    its more like burberry london now! and base is now deeper and richer without any monster sillage which is great piece of news
    im really eager to try my sample
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

I got a sample of the EDT last week and its def number 1 on my list. I just really hope the EDP smells ezactly the same but just stronger and longer lasting and id be a very happy camper

i really dont see any need for an EDP version of this. On me, La Nuit de L'homme projects and lasts longer then Le Male. I havent had a real wearing of Pure Malt yet so i cant say, but i think the EDT version of La Nuit is just right

anybody know about the availability of this in duty free stores? Only in Europe still, or has it made it way to duty frees in the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i really dont see any need for an EDP version of this. On me, La Nuit de L'homme projects and lasts longer then Le Male. ... but i think the EDT version of La Nuit is just right
    An EDP or perfume doesn´t necessarily project better than the EDT, au contraire, but it lasts longer. The overall impression of the scent is in the majority of cases different, denser with the pronunciation of other notes.
    I can hardly wait!

I wore the EDT yesterday and experienced monster longevity. I applied it at 6:00pm and could still smell it at 4:00am! I'm not talking close to the skin either, I mean as in just applied strength. It freaked me out because I never got that much longevity out of any of my colognes, ever. I've owned this for over a year and have it worn it several times but never got it to go this far before. I sprayed no more than normal (2 sprays to wrist, neck & chest, with an extra to the t-shirt). I know some of you only spray a couple of times, but if I did that I might was well not even bother! I haven't worn it in a few months, that maybe had something to do with it. I don't know. Normal range was about 5 or 6 hours previously.

Point is I do the same with all of my collection and none of them have this kind of endurance. This leads me to agree with those who have said an EDP isn't necessary, since I can't even begin to imagine how incredibly potent that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    Point is I do the same with all of my collection and none of them have this kind of endurance. This leads me to agree with those who have said an EDP isn't necessary, since I can't even begin to imagine how incredibly potent that would be!
    I guess I almost have to beat it into some of you. But an EDP will not necessarily be more potent. It most likely will not. Just a different version of the current EDT, perhaps a "thicker" feel...or better, less "cologney" than the current version.

I like La Nuit de L'homme, so I look forward to this one.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I guess I almost have to beat it into some of you. But an EDP will not necessarily be more potent. It most likely will not. Just a different version of the current EDT, perhaps a "thicker" feel...or better, less "cologney" than the current version.

I like La Nuit de L'homme, so I look forward to this one.
    Perhaps but EDPs typically have a higher concentration of fragrance, don't they? Thus those high price tags that go with them. I guess we'll have to see when it gets here. Although in the US that will probably be quite awhile. At least in the department stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    Perhaps but EDPs typically have a higher concentration of fragrance, don't they? Thus those high price tags that go with them. I guess we'll have to see when it gets here. Although in the US that will probably be quite awhile. At least in the department stores.
    Yeah, you are right about the price. And I just asked a department shop SA if they would get the EDP in and she said most likely not . If the higher price is significant, maybe I would personally hold off for another bottle ( ie VC&A Midnight in Paris). No point in repeating the same scent.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Yeah, you are right about the price. And I just asked a department shop SA if they would get the EDP in and she said most likely not . If the higher price is significant, maybe I would personally hold off for another bottle ( ie VC&A Midnight in Paris). No point in repeating the same scent.
    Just as I suspected. With this economy they can't sell the regular priced EDTs in stores such as Macy's, Dillards, Sephora, etc. So I don't see them jumping through hoops to get this. Ditto on not repeating the scent as I'd only buy it if I ran out of the EDT.

The EDP is on ebay in the UK for 49GBP including shipping for 100ml, which isn't bad at all IMO. Might grab one myself!

I tested it out a couple of days ago at macy's and I also got really good sillage and longevity. I sprayed just one big spray on top of my hand and several hours later i could still smell it even after washing my hands i could get a whiff of it. Imagine if I had sprayed it on my neck a couple of times.

can't wait to test this one. Already a fan of the original, so this looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    I tested it out a couple of days ago at macy's and I also got really good sillage and longevity. I sprayed just one big spray on top of my hand and several hours later i could still smell it even after washing my hands i could get a whiff of it. Imagine if I had sprayed it on my neck a couple of times.
    Nice, sounds promising. Does it still smell the same as the original scent wise?

lol. sorry. i was talking about the edt one.

having had both on either back of my hands, the EdT has more... sparkle. the EdP (it's not even described as an EdP, but simply 'Parfum' on the bottom of the bottle. wth?) is slightly more bitter, it has a deeper feeling to it.

i'd say EdT is good for everyday as it projects better, but the Parfum is more of a private scent, either to be enjoyed alone or with a significant other when you 2 decide to spend a lot of time close to one another

i'd layer the EdT with one spray over the Parfum.

Quote Originally Posted by street_a_licious View Post
    having had both on either back of my hands, the EdT has more... sparkle. the EdP (it's not even described as an EdP, but simply 'Parfum' on the bottom of the bottle. wth?) is slightly more bitter, it has a deeper feeling to it.

i'd say EdT is good for everyday as it projects better, but the Parfum is more of a private scent, either to be enjoyed alone or with a significant other when you 2 decide to spend a lot of time close to one another

i'd layer the EdT with one spray over the Parfum.
    Thank you Street for that post. Pretty much what I would expect from an EDP of this. Sounds nice.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

since both are STILL lingering on my skin (geez, it's been forever and i've washed my wash several times in between and showered too lol) i could say that the Parfum is stronger on the woods (vetiver?) at the very end, while the EdT is sweeter, most likely the coumarin.

i don't like the pure black bottle of the Parfum tho. it's.... bland. bottle-wise, i'd prefer the EdT. the ombre, while not groundbreaking, looks more interesting than a pure black bottle with a black plastic cap on.

I emailed YSL America to ask when it is coming to the US. They said that they have NO timeline on when stock will ship from France. It may never come...
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Just sampled the EDP, what a letdown. Even though La Nuit isn't much of a classy fragrance, I like the cardamom-tonka blast of the EDT. In the EDP they toned down the coumarin a bit and threw in some scratchy synthetic woods, after some hours a faint vetiver note appears. It doesn't smell horrible, but shallow and very cheap. I'm afraid the most remarkable thing about this EDP is how amazingly low-quality it smells.
    Last edited by hedgehog; 15th October 2010 at 01:59 PM.

Can everyone not talk about the EDT and really only talk about the EDP?

We get that the EDT and we know about it. Please review the EDP if you have sampled it, or I just find it really off topic, talking about other colognes with EDP versions or how great La Nuit De Lhommes EDT smells. Ive been reading every single post of this thread, and most of the posts are pointless.

Please talk about EDP if you have sampled it or bought it. One guy wrote he bought it for 60 Euros in an airport, but nothing about what it smelled like.. Im like ARGHH...let us know what it smells like already!!! Im a big fan of EDT btw.

I received this for Christmas and I'm comparing both the edp and edt on each arm and I must say, the edp has a bit more of a kick. It's not entirely different but there are some distinctions. The EDP seems to have a pepper accord and the wood isn't as dry and powdery as it is in the EDT. Also, the EDP is a little smoother and I get a small hint of greeness, almost like from vetiver, blended in there. It's really nice but if you own the EDT, imo, save your money, they still smell the same.

The lasting of EDP is better than EDT? And the sillage?

Thanks!

I love this...somewhere between an egoiste and a platinum egoiste meets just a hint of oriental a la poison.

Just wondering about the longevity. I tried the newer "dark" version at macys today...excellent juice. Staying power ?

I bought this blind a couple of months ago and was hugely disappointed. It was far weaker than the original in both longevity and sillage, and it didn't even smell as pleasant in my opinion. I sold it a week or so later. Not a fan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I bought this blind a couple of months ago and was hugely disappointed. It was far weaker than the original in both longevity and sillage, and it didn't even smell as pleasant in my opinion. I sold it a week or so later. Not a fan at all.
    After 2 hours I now agree with you. It has promise at first but sticks very close to the skin with hardly any projection. Anything good about it fades away within an hour or so. At least it did on me. Nice scent but in no way original.

I tested the Edp today. I was really surprised, it is obviously stronger, but the notes were SLIGHTLY different to my nose. To be honest, I don't think its as sweet which is a great thing. Of the two I would definatly get the EDP I think it's a much better scent

Did try it and yes, to my nose too, it smelled better than the EDT version (better as in both projection and longevity, but also complexity, non-linearity, classiness etc.).

where can i sample the EDP version?? cant find it anywhere