Code of Conduct

Default has ENCRE NOIRE been reformulated ?

hello,

in 2009 i began to get interested in he world of scents and discovered ENCRE NOIRE.
    I bought 100ml an keep it in my fridge.

Since the 100ml bottle is not very handy i decided to purchase the 15ml Travel-Set + refill.

Now i am sitting here, sniffing my left arm again and again. The juice from the Travelspray can be recognaized as ENCRE NOIRE but it smells different.
    The Travelspray lacks the smokey burnt wood element. Instead there is a weird plastic rubbery note which is completely new for me in ER.

I bought the Travelspray from a trusted seller so a fake is impossible.

it can't be just me. this juice is different.

I also purchased the ER showergel earlier this year and wondered what it has in common with my beloved ENCRE NOIRE EdT.
    The showergel too has this strange rubbery plastic note.

did you made similar experiences ?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: has ENCRE NOIRE been reformulated ?

I hope not
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: has ENCRE NOIRE been reformulated ?

I agree, it has been reformulated – to my noise at least! I disagree that its for the worse though.

I have had two bottles of EN recently:

The first bottle (gone) - super smokey, sharp, burnt firewood top. Almost TOOO much top. The heart was there, but overpowered by the top notes, even into the drydown, I was asking for more heart notes.

The second bottle (keeper) – less harsh top, still that signature EN top, but the heart is much more enveloping, more full and rounded smelling. More of that ‘mysterious dark’ vibe EN is famous for. It smells closer to my bottle of Chanel Sycomore now. Not quite as rich an Sycomore, but its almost quite there now. I love this reformulation. SOOO much better then the first IMO. They made it better. More of the good, (mysterious full dark warm heart), less of the bad (harsh smokey top).

If you weren’t a fan of the, IMO harsh/smokey/bugspray vibe EN had – give it another try, hopefully you get one of the new bottles.

oh that's such a shame
    i hoped that my travel spray had just gone bad.

now it's not just only me who can smell a new formula.
    i loved the smokey burnt wood ER and can't stand the rubbery milky plastic touch in the new formula.

by the way: which colour does ER have ?
    i mean the liquid

just received an email from the director lalique in paris.

they say ENCRE NOIRE has never been reformulated and i should bring the bottle to the lalique shop.

damn, bought online and have no lalique boutique nearby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by white View Post
    just received an email from the director lalique in paris.

they say ENCRE NOIRE has never been reformulated and i should bring the bottle to the lalique shop.

damn, bought online and have no lalique boutique nearby
    A perfume company will never admit to a reformulation. Just an FYI.

anyone else thinking ENCRE has changed ?

where is the harsh smoke and the vetiver monster ?

Post Thanks / Like

Not again.

md1grwl: was there any difference between the two bottles or their packaging that would help to identify a possible revision?
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    Not again.

md1grwl: was there any difference between the two bottles or their packaging that would help to identify a possible revision?
    nope, same exact packaging. perhapd its not reformulated... perhaps i just got a slightly different smelling juice (happens all the time with Creeds). - but the bottle I got I L O V E !!! much better then the first, overly harsh one IMO.

I recently bought the Travel Spray (2x15ml) as well, maybe even from the same seller (Ebay,...-hamburg, can´t remember the whole username)? It smells exactly like the other new bottle I have, so there´s nothing wrong with it, I think. And it´s just like the bottle I had before, or at least how I remember it. Could be the "Creeds-phenomenon" mentioned above.

yes, i think we bought from the same trusted ebay.seller in hamburg.

now wahts wrong with the travel spray
    can you compare it to ENCRE NOIRE from the big bottle ?

is your travel spray smokey ?

I´ve been wearing EN the whole day (Travel Spray on the left arm and regular bottle on the right arm) and they are definitely identical. And I´d say they´re both smokey, but that doesn´t mean that it wasn´t different in the past. I´m not sure if there´s a rubber-note. On the other hand, I don´t really get the petrol-note in Fahrenheit either I guess I´ve simply never smelt the version you´re referring to. Maybe someone else can clear that up.