Code of Conduct

Default PdN Hefty Price Increase

I noticed that sometime in the last week prices on their website for most Parfum de Nicolai fragrances have gone up substantially. For example, New York has gone up from 65 euros for 100ml to 84 euros -- that's a 29% increase!

Seems like a good time to stock up in shops that still sell at the old price.

Default Re: PdN Hefty Price Increase

Thanks for heads up.

They are following the local (Argentine) non-official inflation rate, 30 % yearly. Ms. De Nicolai must be following our President's (Cristina Fernández de Kirchner) advise.

Well, this is probably the only house I know of where I would say 'fair enough'.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Well, this is probably the only house I know of where I would say 'fair enough'.
    Actually, I was reflecting on that too. This price rise is certainly inconvenient, but the new prices are not at all unfair, given PdN's quality. It does mean that PdN is exiting "good value" territory and moving to "fairly priced" category. Still, a pretty brutal and sudden price rise, nonetheless.

NY and all their frags are still the same price on Beauty Habit. Been meaning to pick up Patchouli Homme one of these days
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

My last heartache was when Etat Libre d'Orange raised prices from their (LOL!) $69.00 to $80.00. Some of their scents are even more than that, in the $90.00+ range. (The Archives 69, Like This, and Tom of Finland.)

I still like the Nicolai scents, but sad at the huge hike.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'm going to call the London store later today to find out how much a bottle of New York costs, I've been putting it off, and I hope I don't regret it.

wrong thread...

Called the London store and 100ml of New York is £65 which is roughly €74.