Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo 7:15 in Bali, Jungle, Air

Was down in NYC's perfume district and felt the urge for a blind buy, or three. Saw three different Kenzos and got them all for a $100. flat.

KenzoAir - my favorite of the three. On me it feels very dry and light. Haven't done a side by side, but I'm reminded of Encre Noire but not as dark. The bottle is nicer than I expected from seeing the pictures online. I'm glad I got it.

7:15 am in Bali - as soon I put this on it reminded me of Gendarme. Clean and slightly chemical, but pleasant. After an hour or so, it turned much more floral. Orchids, I think . I love the name and the marketing on this one. Paints a better picture than the scent. Beautiful bottle, too. Anyone else get the Gendarme connection?

Jungle - this one I'm worried about. It literally turned my stomach. I tried all three on different parts of my arms to sample and perhaps it just didn't mix well with the other two. Creamy lime. Like a dark key lime pie with nutmeg. Didn't seem very "jungle-y."

All in all, I'm glad I got them and think I got a good deal. Jungle may be showing up on the trade boards soon unless I come around to it. I know I need to give them all a good wearing individually. Three at once was not a good idea, but I know we are all guilty of that when sampling. :-)

Any thoughts on these three?

Default Re: Kenzo 7:15 in Bali, Jungle, Air

Haven't tried Air or 7:15 in Bali so I can't comment. But I think Jungle is fantastic. Definitely a cool / cold weather frag, though, and not something you could wear every day.

Kenzo Air is wonderful. Dry, light and delicious. In the heat this one is a master piece!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Kenzo Air is one of the easiest to wear without smelling run-of-the mill. I've tried 7:15 in Bali (on my way to a vacation in Bali no less) but wasn't particularly impressed with the lightweight floral. But yes, nice marketing.

Btw was 'Jungle' = Jungle pour Homme? Imho Jungle L'Elephant is much better.

Hey Diamond, yup, Jungle Pour Homme. I forgot about L'Elephant. Just when I thought I tried them all...

Yeah L'Elephant is good, an interesting feminine that could pass as a unisex. Probably more challenging and interesting than Jungle PH. I still prefer the Jungle Pour Homme, though.

Sur la Plage

KenzoAir is OK - But I prefer KenzoAir Intense.

7:15AM in Bali didn't impress me at all.

I like Jungle pour Homme, as well as Jungle L'Elephant and Jungle Le Tigre.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

MikeNY, i find your reviews to be very spot on and precise. please keep em coming. "lime pie with nutmeg" - perfect

Kenzo is a wonderful brand and i find all their relaeses wonderful. not a single one has disappointed me as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    MikeNY, i find your reviews to be very spot on and precise. please keep em coming. "lime pie with nutmeg" - perfect

Kenzo is a wonderful brand and i find all their relaeses wonderful. not a single one has disappointed me as yet.
    Thank you, my friend! I've read your reviews too and I find them a spot on as well. We must have similar taste! I'm a big fan of Kenzo, too, my favorite are L'eau Par Ksnzo and Kenzo Homme. Looking forward to trying Kenzo Homme Boise.

Of the ones you mention, Kenzo Air regular and Intense version and the male Jungle.

I also really enjoy the Kenzo men's products. Oddly, the original Homme is my least favorite, but all the others hold a solid place in my wardrobe. I am amazed at how complex they are while maintaining such subtlety.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.