Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Cologne du 68
    Vetiver Pour Elle
    Boise Torride

  2. #32

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Thanks for some of the more in depth responses, Redneck makes me wanna try everything now! I am a huge tonka bean van, and haven't found many awesome tonka based frags.. Vetiver Tonka is my favorite to date. I saw Tonka Imperiale but only on here, never in stores, plus no comments on it, is this comparable to anything more mainstream?

  3. #33
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Thanks for some of the more in depth responses, Redneck makes me wanna try everything now! I am a huge tonka bean van, and haven't found many awesome tonka based frags.. Vetiver Tonka is my favorite to date. I saw Tonka Imperiale but only on here, never in stores, plus no comments on it, is this comparable to anything more mainstream?
    You may like Tonka Imperiale - particularly if it's the tonka aspects of Vetiver Tonka that you love the most. If you took Vetiver Tonka and substituted a Guerlain-type gourmand (woody/sweet/cacao/vanilla/thick/guerlinade) for the vetiver, you would have Tonka Imperiale. It has the coumarinic tonka thing done nicely - as well as VT, and better than Escada Magnetism, Hermès Concentrée d'Orange Verte, or several others. I think it leans a bit more unisex than VT because of the loss of VT's vetiver. I've never encountered anything quite like it in mainstream, personally. Escada Magnetism would be the closest, and that's so fruity (cherry or grape Dr. Pepper) that they don't really compare. There was a lot of hope here for Tonka Imperiale, and I would say that it almost reached expectations. I have mulled over the possibility of a buy. Still working on my sample, but several other Guerlains are currently tied for next. Thankfully, there is no boutique anywhere close to my home, so I'm only in there occasionally!
    * * * *

  4. #34

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    You may like Tonka Imperiale - particularly if it's the tonka aspects of Vetiver Tonka that you love the most. If you took Vetiver Tonka and substituted a Guerlain-type gourmand (woody/sweet/cacao/vanilla/thick/guerlinade) for the vetiver, you would have Tonka Imperiale. It has the coumarinic tonka thing done nicely - as well as VT, and better than Escada Magnetism, Hermès Concentrée d'Orange Verte, or several others. I think it leans a bit more unisex than VT because of the loss of VT's vetiver. I've never encountered anything quite like it in mainstream, personally. Escada Magnetism would be the closest, and that's so fruity (cherry or grape Dr. Pepper) that they don't really compare. There was a lot of hope here for Tonka Imperiale, and I would say that it almost reached expectations. I have mulled over the possibility of a buy. Still working on my sample, but several other Guerlains are currently tied for next. Thankfully, there is no boutique anywhere close to my home, so I'm only in there occasionally!
    Really? Interesting.. I liked Magnetism's originality, it kind of reminded me of a more spicy Armani Code with a kick of soda/grape juice, overall though very synthetic smelling which in the heat accompanied with its major sillage would just give me killer headaches. In cooler months too sadly. Looks like this Guerlain Tonka Imperiale frag is quite hard to find, I'm gonna look for a decant soon.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    A lot of Guerlains seem to be overrated. Spiriteuese Double Vanille is a must try though. Everything else is just okay...

  6. #36

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    A lot of Guerlains seem to be overrated. Spiriteuese Double Vanille is a must try though. Everything else is just okay...
    I agree. But some older ones are masterpieces imo like derby or mdm. I didnt find habit rouge or heritage that elegant. Something were missing in them. But derby is a killer.
    god bless oakmoss

  7. #37

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Heritage (EDT, EDP)
    Habit Rouge (EDC, EDT, EDP)
    Derby
    Mouchoir de Monsieur
    L'Instant pour Homme/L'Instant pour Homme Eau Extreme
    Shalimar
    Mitsuoko
    Vol de Nuit
    Jicky
    L'Heure Bleue
    Took the list right out of my head!

    Just going to add:

    Sous le Vent
    Bois d'Armenie
    Metallica

  8. #38

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Which Guerlain frags should I try?
    all...

  9. #39
    mtgprox05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,255

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    Vetiver Pour Elle
    L'Instant De Guerlain EDP
    Habit Rouge Sport
    Bois d'Armanie
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Which Guerlain frags should I try?

    I love Sous le Vent so much I recently bought a back up bottle 'just in case', and at $300 a bottle I didn't care, I just knew I HAVE to have a back up of it

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Guerlain Aqua Allegoria frags...
    By lilybelle in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22nd March 2009, 02:42 AM
  2. Stores that sell Guerlain frags?
    By baudilus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th May 2008, 02:40 AM
  3. What other frags smell like Guerlain Heritage?
    By Scentsibility in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31st December 2006, 05:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000