Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Play Intense vs Hanae Mori HM

Doing my next round of fragrance hauls very soon! So far I have Hugo Boss No.6 on my list, Paco Rabanne Black XS on my list so far.

Went to the department store to sniff around. Came across the Givenchy Play range. I wasn't too interested with the original Play, however, I have heard many good things about Play Intense so decided to try it on my skin. It was really really good! Very impressed, walk out and got compliments left right and centre. It smells like a nice citrus chocolate biscuit at the start, drying down to a nice mellow, subtle, bitter chocolate with patchouli and vanilla to me. Very very nice! It lasts for a long time too!

I haven't tried Hanae Mori HM but I have heard many many good things about it too.

Can someone give a short recommendation on which one they will choose personally?

Default Re: Givenchy Play Intense vs Hanae Mori HM

i sniffed play intense today. i got a little bit of A*Men from it. If u like sweet then ull like it

To me Play Intense smelled like more synthetic version of original A*Men and I had to wash it away. I'd pick A*Men over it anytime.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I find that Play Intense takes the best qualities of A*Men and Rochas Man and combines them, while dropping the negative qualities of each (the excessive loudness and synthetic nature of A*Men, and the stuffy synthetic wood accord in Rochas Man).

I haven't tried the Hanae Mori, but Play Intense is one of my favorite designer scents. It's a great comfort scent, and while being ideal in autumn and winter, it is not so heavy or cloying that it can't be applied judiciously during the warmer months.

What is especially nice about Play Intense is the way it projects. It is not heavy and monolithic like most frags of the type (again, A*Men comes to mind) but instead projects a wonderful coffee/chocolate/labdanum aura. I don't think you'll regret Play Intense.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I find that Play Intense takes the best qualities of A*Men and Rochas Man and combines them, while dropping the negative qualities of each (the excessive loudness and synthetic nature of A*Men, and the stuffy synthetic wood accord in Rochas Man).
    I absolutely agree with you Sculpture, I believe A*Men could work in clubs where boldness is a little more accepted among many around you. The dry down of A*Men to me after the initial overbearing strength of the fragrance is well-accepted by me. Rochas man has a wonderful mocha note, but it fades away too fast for me, it's virtually gone after 2-3 hours. It's floral note doesn't really bode well with me.

Play Intense however, would definitely suit me for an everyday or something that I will use on most occasions and I feel that it is more versatile than A*Men.

Play Intense gives me - dark, creamy, slightly citrus, woody, and emitting this very nice "pastry" note which really won me over, and many others around me.

I think Play Intense will be a good one for more, highly considering it, I'm in college now so, many of my college friends have complimented.

It's really interesting, I wore Hugo Boss no. 6 on one arm and Play Intense on the other. I thought it really smelled like apple crumble!