Code of Conduct

Default Current En Avion EdP vs. Parfum Extrait

Ladies (and Gents, of course),
    Could you please help me with your experience regarding Caron's En Avion EdP vs. the Parfum Extrait from the fountain (urn)?
    I have a sample of the EdP and own the current Tabac Blond.
    Are any notes differently pronounced in the Parfum Extrait? Or does the Parfum Extrait have a different "development"?
    Vintage stuff seems to be impossible to get, so I fear it will be very unlikely I will ever have a comparison.
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Current En Avion EdP vs. Parfum Extrait

I haven´t tried the EdP of either but love the Extraits. Very interested to hear a comparison...
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

I meant to say I own the current Tabac Blond Parfum Extrait and now have a sample of the En Avion EdP. I have a feeling that En Avion is more my style than Tabac Blond, although I like the latter.

I have never tried the edp En Avion but do own the extract. Now I had problems with Tabac Blond, sometimes it smelt fabulous and then other times too much tanner's yard going on. So I tried En Avion and the leather was smoother and more in tune with my chemistry.
    DONNA

I too own the extrait, I'm not even sure that this comes in EDP? But in general, I've sampled enough of Caron to know that their extraits always trump their EDPs (and their EDTs should be avoided altogether)

I **have** noticed a slight difference between current extraits and vintage. (in nuit de Noel, and narcisse Noir, though)
    The newer ones seem drier and flatter. I.e, if Caron was a winery they recently switched their wine storage from aged, French oak to cardboard boxes.

In short, En Avion is one of my favorites from this house, and after reading this post I'll have to wear it today :-)
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Thanks BayKAT for your observations! If you google the EdP it will show up. I have my sample from Les Senteurs, London. Also CanCan and N'aimez que moi in EdP, but my winner is En Avion. I also prefer the carnation in it much more over it in Tabac Blond. The deep base of En Avion is heaven and I can only imagine it must be divine in extrait. I think I will have to call Paris in the nearer future and get myself a half ounce of the extrait

Larimar- skip Paris. go to the Perfumed court; they still have their Holiday decant sale up. If you go to paris you can buy 7.5 ml for $100, or you can buy 8 mL from TPC for $33. (i bought three decants for $100, and don't regret it for one bit)
    oh yes... and then there is the lovely discount you get from buying in Sterling....
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org