Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is the best "green" fragrance for you? (eg. notes: lemon leaves, vetyver, green tea etc...)

I am a huge fan of "green" fragrances, those that combine notes like lemon leaves, vetyver, gree tea etc. Lately I decided to enlarge my collection of green fragrances and thus I have been brownsing throught websites and sniffing around fragrance stores to to discover new ones. As means to make my chase more focused, I decided to ask you guys for help. What is the best "green" fragrance for you and why?

Default Re: What is the best "green" fragrance for you? (eg. notes: lemon leaves, vetyver, green tea etc...)

I like Calamus by Comme des Garcons. It's a bit too sweet, but I really like the "greenyness" in it.

Default Re: What is the best "green" fragrance for you? (eg. notes: lemon leaves, vetyver, green tea etc...)

vetiver 1948, and green irish tweed.

Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle is about as green as you can get imo. It's fantastic too.

thanks. I am gonna give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle is about as green as you can get imo. It's fantastic too.
    i heard it is really nice as well as musc rav, but they are pains in the asses giving out samples. i have not been able to try either.

Have you tried Vent Vert by Balmain?
    I love Dior's Diorella, my favourite green/chypre

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    i heard it is really nice as well as musc rav, but they are pains in the asses giving out samples. i have not been able to try either.
    http://www.editionsdeparfums.com/mallesite_gb/index.htm
    Go there and go to "buy online" scroll down the list of things and there are samples you can order at the bottom, you can get three with each shipping cost you pay.

I'm lucky to live near a Barney's that has an awesome selection of niche fragrances and an awesome SA who knows me by name that I always end up having really long conversations about fragrances with, really nice lady. Every time I go in there I end up walking out with a little baggie full of samples from Serge Lutens, Malle and such lol

Go there and go to "buy online" scroll down the list of things and there are samples you can order at the bottom, you can get three with each shipping cost you pay.

I'm lucky to live near a Barney's that has an awesome selection of niche fragrances and an awesome SA who knows me by name that I always end up having really long conversations about fragrances with, really nice lady. Every time I go in there I end up walking out with a little baggie full of samples from Serge Lutens, Malle and such lol
    i always try to get my samples free, and malle will not even though i know people who have gotten them free, barneys gives out samples but they have been a pain to get anything from, i ask for some give my info and never get them. At least with creed and tom ford i can get access to those without difficulty. I have wanted to try malle a lot, lutens i have tried and not crazy about, oh well.

Banned

Green Valley

Aramis Devin
    LV Yerbamate
    and one of my next purchases: Mazzolari Mazzolari

Vetivers are a whole other subject. There are so many great ones. I've got a bottle of Givenchy Vetyver on the way now that I bought blind.

How about Halston 1-12? It's got lots of galbanum and pine, two essential green notes.

Retroverso Man Tea & Tobacco.

Polo

Off-Scenter

Eau de Campagne
    Virgilio
    (Discontinued - sob!)
    Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Celadon
    Devin
    Yerbamate
    Silences
    Givenchy III
    (green chypre)
    Calamus
    Chanel No. 19

Angelique Sous La Pluie by Frederic Malle
    CDG Scent One Hinoki

I have personally never smelled a greener fragrance than Tactics by Shiseido. It is difficult to find, but well worth the hunt.
    Currently wearing: L'Origan by Coty

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    +1 on this. Difficult to find, but very very refreshing.
    My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

I like Creed's Original Vetiver.

another vote for Chanel No. 19. A classic.

And definitely try Nicoll No. 17 by Six Scents, Series 2. No 5. This is a fennel based scent, green and herbal, very fresh. One of my absolute favs.

Guerlain's Eau de Verveine.

GIT
    Paul Smith Man
    Paul Smith Story
    Kiton Man
    EL Pleasures
    Devin
    Polo
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Another one for Calamus. Ive been wearing it all week.

Azzaro Pure Vetiver is very green, but dry. I have it, but can't wear it. I get a slight headache from it. Stay away from Vetiver Dry (Carven). It's a Drakkar Noir knock off.

Bandit Parfum is very green. It's nowhere near as leathery/rubbery as the edt stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    I have personally never smelled a greener fragrance than Tactics by Shiseido. It is difficult to find, but well worth the hunt.
    Love this one, need to have it back in my life. Thanks for reminding me!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    I like Creed's Original Vetiver.
    cis-3-hexenol heaven. I love Creed OV for it's extreme green.

DeepSilence

Aramis Devin
    Aramis New West

Yerbamate
    French Lover
    L'Eau d'Artisan
    Herba Fresca
    Granville
    Chanel No.19
    Fou d'Absinthe
    Mazzolari Mazzolari
    Geranium Pour Monsieur
    Cologne du Parfumeur
    Vetiver Pour Elle
    Ciel Man
    Memoir Man (dark green)
    I also think of GIT & Original Vetiver as green in their own way.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 3rd January 2012 at 04:03 AM.

Blog Entries

CdG Calamus
    LV Yerbamate
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

also think about Geoffrey Beene's Bowling Green

GIT, Polo, Cool Water, Eternity, Diesel Green Masculine, Paradox Green.. although this may be more Mediterranean than green, Gucci pH II (arguably green)

Diptyque Eau de Lierre is excellent if you ask me.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    also think about Geoffrey Beene's Bowling Green
    Good point!

Bowling Green - still widely available and inexpensive, even though discontinued - should not be overlooked.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Theorema Uomo - Fendi
    Eau de Paco Rabanne - Paco Rabanne
    Azzaro Pure Vetiver
    Halston I-12
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Bvlgari PH Soir
    YSL Rive Gauche

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Gasp! This is the first time I see it being mentioned.
    The brand was Rectoverso, and yes it was an excellent scent. Too bad it's very hard to find now.

I would say either Bulgari's Green Tea Extreme or Sisley's Eau de Campagne.

Gucci Nobile

Gucci Envy

Can't believe that nobody has recommended Grey Flannel!

I just tried Cristalle, and I think it's a very nice green fragrance as well.

Thanks for the tip. I have already ordered my Frederic Malle's frag samples: Vetyver Extraordinaire, Bois d'Orange e Geranium pour Monsieur. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by careypolly View Post
    Have you tried Vent Vert by Balmain?
    I love Dior's Diorella, my favourite green/chypre
    Both sound interesting enough, but they are meant for girls...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    vetiver 1948, and green irish tweed.
    Creed's fragrance are always highly recommended but they are so god damn odly expensive. Never actually have I purchased one, thought I love Millesine Imperial. Does anyone know a safe website where I could get nice bargains at reasonable shipping costs towards south America?

Creed's Original Vetiver is the definition of green in my collection. Very nice, but I'm having some longevity issues with it. Yes, Creeds are expensive. You didn't put a price limit on our "best green fragrances."

Try first. You can likely find it at a pretty good price- at least less than retail. I'm sorry I don't know who ships to SA.

Try Scentiments, Fragrancenet and see if they do.

Esencia de Loewe is amazing. Try it
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Scenter View Post
    Eau de Campagne
    Virgilio
    (Discontinued - sob!)
    Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Celadon
    Devin
    Yerbamate
    Silences
    Givenchy III
    (green chypre)
    Calamus
    Chanel No. 19
    I second Eau De Campagne, beware of Creed, just highprized wannabe stuff regarding to a) The Guide from LT/TS and b) my own experience.

Knize Forest

Quote Originally Posted by rafa_alves View Post
    Creed's fragrance are always highly recommended but they are so god damn odly expensive. Never actually have I purchased one, thought I love Millesine Imperial. Does anyone know a safe website where I could get nice bargains at reasonable shipping costs towards south America?
    contact the south america distributers of creed, the do sell it in argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    I second Eau De Campagne, beware of Creed, just highprized wannabe stuff regarding to a) The Guide from LT/TS and b) my own experience.
    What a surprise to see with all the suggestions here, WildThingy again finds the need to attack Creed and has now elevated his status to a level with Luca Turin.

When does your Guide come out?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    What a surprise to see with all the suggestions here, WildThingy again finds the need to attack Creed and has now elevated his status to a level with Luca Turin.

When does your Guide come out?
    Ones who hate creed usually are resentful of the pricetag and that they have been successful for so long. What else is new.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    beware of Creed, just highprized wannabe stuff regarding to a) The Guide from LT/TS and b) my own experience.
    Well that's a hell of a double whammy!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Monseiur Balmain has a very nice lemon note..
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

YSL Pour Homme (Lemon)
    Azzaro Pure Vetiver (Green)

Chanel No. 19 is a classic green, might be doable as a unisex, but not for me.

My green is a green citrus, Hermes's Eau D'Orange Vert -- an all-time top 10 for me!

Lots of grest recommendations here so far.
    Windsor's green notes (lime, Pine, Eucalyptus) are only complimentary,
    so I will leave it out.
    My top green fragrances on me:

(I own the top 12 and some others, and used to own others listed)

1. Creed Selection Verte
    2. Hermes Concentre D'Orange Verte / Eau D'Orange Verte
    3. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    4. Creed Green Valley
    5. Sisley Eau De Campagne
    6. Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
    7. Cereus #4 (best green apple scent available)
    8. Creed Original Vetiver
    9. Bombay Sapphire Infusion (freshest juniper scent in existence)
    10. Guerlain Vetiver Sport
    11. Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
    12. Jacques Fath Green Water
    13. Trumper Extract of Limes
    14. Maitre Garrigue
    15. Molinard Double Fraicheur
    16. Malle Bois D'Orage
    17. Creed Vetiver 1948
    18. Guerlain Vetiver Extreme
    19. Malle Angeliques Sous La Pluie
    20. Paul Smith Story
    21. Creed Epicea
    22. L'Artisan Navegar
    23. Miracle L'Aquatonic
    24. L'Artisan Parfum De Feuilles
    25, Mugler Cologne
    26. Profumum Ichnusa
    27. Dipyyque Philosykos
    28. Profumum Victrix
    29. Frank Los Angeles
    30. Trumper Wild Fern
    31. Paul Smith Men
    32. Davidoff Good Life

That should be enough for right now.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Many great options there! My favorite 'greens'?

Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (green stems with hint of fresh rose).
    Loewe Esencia
    Chanel No.19
    Sisley Eau de Campagne
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba-Fresca
    Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
    Creed Original Vetiver
    Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire

Btw where's our resident conehead odysseum with his green/pine recs?

+1 GIT, Green Valley, Grey Flannel, Bois d'Orage/French Lover, Navegar, Fou d'Absinthe

I'd also add Maitre's Racine (very green vetiver with lots of citrus up top, a perfect balance and my favorite vetiver)

A green scent that has some floral touches but is easily wearable by a man, and this smells very real and organic, is Fleur de Liane by L'Artisan.

Another great green scent.. this one is green tea and cardamom over a violet/rose backdrop, with hints of suede in the drydown (and an amazing texture to it) is Azzaro Now for Men. A fantastic scent.

A very green, colder and more piney take on Yatagan that is worth a sniff is EldO's Eloge du Traitre.

I've also heard really really good things about the green scent from the Six Scents Series 2: Number 5 Richard Nicoll - Nicoll No. 17. It has notes of: Florentine fennel, Fennel pollen, Exotic black basil, White iris petals Caraway seeds, Tarocco sweet orange, Angelica roots, Southern magnolia, Early summer ivy buds

Here's the page for it.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...Two/No._5.html
    The reviews there all love it, and I remember it getting a really good review by Octavian Coifan of 1000 fragrances.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

Miller et Bertaux no. 3: Green, green, green and green
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I may be hypernosmic to something in it, but Parfums de Nicolai Patchouli Homme is the greenest thing I've ever smelled. I dig green scents, but this was so powerful I had to give away my sample because it was all I could smell in my sample box (even in a closed atomizer).
    Again, I may be the odd man out here.

My favourite "teas" are Ambre Russe by Parfums d'Empire: vodka, amber and tea from a samovar.

I also like the tea in Annick Goutal's Duel. Tea with leather and iris.
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd January 2012 at 10:08 PM.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel