Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What is the best "green" fragrance for you? (eg. notes: lemon leaves, vetyver, green tea etc...)

Horizon by Guy Laroche
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Lanvin Vetyver
    Creed GIT

Default Re: What is the best "green" fragrance for you? (eg. notes: lemon leaves, vetyver, green tea etc...)

Sorry, double post, please ignore or delete
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 31st August 2010 at 02:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Although green fragrances are almost as heretical to my collection as aquatics, i do enjoy JOOP! Go

Merlin is my Hero.....

Some not liested yet:
    Eau de Rochas pour Homme for its lovely initial citrus accord
    Encre Noir for its raw and sharp vetyver
    Can't resist to put a plus one on L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, such a lovely rose-berry note!
    Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio, really lovely herbal scent

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Aramis Devin
    LV Yerbamate
    and one of my next purchases: Mazzolari Mazzolari

Vetivers are a whole other subject. There are so many great ones. I've got a bottle of Givenchy Vetyver on the way now that I bought blind.
    I have totally forgotten about Villoresi's wonderful Yerbamate! It is sweet, green, pastoral, tea-like, and a masterful scent, maybe one of LV's best. I have a bottle of "Mazzolari," and it reminds me of the time we visited Italy when my son was stationed there. If anybody gets the chance, go to Florence and find Villoresi's studio. It's an incredible experience and though Lorenzo V. was not there, his wife and daughter were as gracious as could be, and let us stay and sniff as long as we liked. So cool.

un Jardin en Mediteranee by Hermes - figgy, woodsy green

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler - grassy, soapy green

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurant - transparent, minty green

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bulgari - dark black tea (not rooibos to my nose, which is great because I can't stand the stuff) fruit and green

Dependent

My favorites, off the top of my head:

Dorissima NarziB
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe
    Etat Libre d'Orange Eloge du Traitre
    Bond no. 9 Gramercy Park
    TDC Sel de Vetiver
    Chanel No. 19
    Last edited by MFJ; 1st September 2010 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Miller et Bertaux no. 3: Green, green, green and green
    this one is amazing!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Guerlain Vol de Nuit. Green and also warm.

+1 on Chanel No. 19. Green with leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Polo
    Grey Flannel
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Paco Rabbane Pour Homme
    Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui
    Halston 1-12
    Creed Original Vetiver
    Aspen
    Perry Ellis for Men(1985)
    Quorum

djLightsOut

surprised no one has mentioned Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street. It's so green it almost makes me sick sometimes.

Vétiver Extraordinaire (2002)
    Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    - can't be more green perfume than this

Cartier Roadster is a good green scent. It smells like fresh cut mint. It is definitely worth a look.

Cereus 7
    Tea for Two
    Green Irish Tweed
    Poivre Sarcamande(not sure)

Blog Entries

G i t
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Vetiver is considered woody rather than green.

Green usually means galbanum, the sharp scent of fresh-cut grass and violet leaves, various herbal influences, etc.

Nino Cerruti pour Homme (1979)
    Last edited by pluran; 8th August 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    Polo
    = Fou D"Absinthe by L"Artisan. Better rendition of Polo, but more expensive, though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Grey Flannel - Unlike others, I find the reformulation to be pretty good, a nice smooth violet leaf and oakmoss combo with terrific lemon and some light spice. Truly green with all that moss.

Green Irish Tweed - Terrific green, to me closer to Grey Flannel than Cool Water, or perhaps the best of both those worlds in one scent. Full of violet and violet leaf. Deep, purplish-green scent.

Green Valley - I actually like this one a hair more than Green Irish Tweed. It's a little more "bitter" green, with a cool grassy top that moves into a pleasantly fruity ginger and ambergris.

Sung Homme - Must amend my review of this one here on BN. It's excellent if you like Irish Spring soap, which is the most common "green" deodorant soap here in the U.S. Sung Homme basically smells like a more complex perfume version of Irish Spring.

Silences - Pretty much the holy grail green so far for me, and you may or may not have a similar experience if you try it. But it's an amazing galbanum, iris, muguet, rose, and grass scent. The florals are never really "there" in your face, or too sweet, but are rather attenuated and simply add pastel dimension to this overwhelmingly green perfume. Get the one in the grey box with the title printed once on it in gold.

Tsar - considered a fougere, but frankly I'm beginning to find it to be more of a straight-up green scent. Excellent lavender, mosses, sparkly green notes with bittersweet dimensions. Truly a must.

Original Vetiver - Beautiful green scent in the same manner as Mugler Cologne, with much more dimension. Not much of a prominent vetiver note in there, though. Takes the bitter grassy effect of Green Valley and amplifies it, while stripping the bitterness a little. It's hard to top the smell, but I share the complaint of those who find its longevity lacking.

Sport Field - by Adidas. Kind of a poor man's Green Valley. Has a very similar construct of grass, ginger, pink fruity notes, and bitter citrus. Hard to beat for $15. Definitely better than its brand name suggests.

Portfolio Green - the only Perry Ellis frag I've tried, and it's nothing tremendous, but again a good budget green. Takes synthetic and very sweet citrus notes and a weird neroli and patchouli accord and makes it resemble a sweetened violet leaf. Olfactory illusions abound in this one.

1-12 - Halston's best imo. Lots of galbanum, lots of pine and herbal notes. I almost feel like there's too much galbanum in this one, it has a very "air-freshened" effect. But it's really good.

Aspen - better and greener than Cool Water, to which it's often compared. Another one that can be had for cheap. Nice dry minty pine sap scent. Not too sweet, either. Decent longevity, solid scent, definitely green.

Floris Limes - if you like this sort of thing, it's fleeting but my favorite lime, it's quite fresh and green and clean.

Bowling Green - comes in a close second to Grey Flannel for me. Nice citrus top, some sparkly herbs that darken into an odd green scent. It's fresh, and it's very masculine, and it's extremely green. Well ahead of its time.

Quorum - my summer green. smells like burnt September grass. Lots of other masculine notes, but this one is underrated.

Country Chic - if you can find it, get the EDT. Another one with similarities to Green Valley. Fresh, grassy, a little fruity, a little floral, with mentholated spices.

Mugler Cologne - the "original" Original Vetiver. Beautiful smell, but not nearly as dimensional as the Creed. More of a white musky drydown. Try OV first, and if you really like it but don't want to spend the cash, this one may appeal.

Horizon - by Guy Laroche. Nice minty aquatic fougere. Lots of green herbs, some pine, some moss, an excellent grapefruit top, and what smells to me like a lower-fidelity ambergris in the base, Creed style. Not aquatic in the contemporary sense, much more herbal.

Eau de Givenchy - I love this one. Glinting snowy green notes, muguet, hints of jasmine and rose, and bitter grasses throughout. A gussied-up Eau de Cologne.

Pleasures - similar to another Lauder, Intuition, but without its warmth. More green florals, but everything is bitter and unisex.

Green Water - I love the body wash, but I'm not keen on the fragrance. But it's just not my taste. You may feel differently about it. It's a classic. Bitter, minty green cologne with limited longevity and sillage, but well made.

Chevrefeuille Original - another ridiculously underrated Creed EDT. It's part of their EDT line, but it has EDP strength. Gorgeous grassy notes with a touch of something like fennel or anise, followed by a sweet but evergreen honeysuckle that never turns into a floral bomb. Lacks the predictable ambergris drydown. Should be at the top of my list, but if you've read this far you deserve Chevrefeuille Original.

Pino Silvestre - if you like the smell of pine, in a very non toilet cleaner style. Simple, crystalline, fresh, piney goodness. Hard to beat I think.

Patrick - by Fragrances of Ireland. One of the few niche lines that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Beautiful fougere in the tradition of Worth for men. Has a well blended pine note that smells great, and a good dried grass/hay accord in the heart and base.

Guerlain Vetiver - excellent citrus and vetiver, with a mild woodsy drydown. very classy green. good vetiver scent as well.

Nobile - by Gucci. Good powdery green fougere, with some similarities to Tsar. Not my favorite but it's a quality scent, very well made, and definitely green. Discontinued and a little hard to find at a good price, but worth it if you can grab a bottle.

Truth for Men - the only CK scent I've ever liked, second to Obsession for Men. It's a lovely green melon scent, but it does have bad sillage and longevity. It's forgivable though because the smell is so nice.

Polo - last but not least. Sure you've already tried it, but if not, it's a given.

Good luck!

Mazzolari Mazzolari
    Guerlain Coriolan
    Estee Lauder Azuree
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Creed Feuilles Vertes - available again for a limited time only. A superb investment in high-quality green.

I really like creed green valley and French lover. Has anyone noticed the similarity between those two before ?

I posted on this thread ages ago, but I'd like to add to the voices for Fou d'Absinthe, and also add Profumum's uber-grassy Victrix to the list. I've also just discovered the very inexpensive, but nicely piney, Aqua Brava.

Givenchy Vetyver
    Tsar
    Devin
    Pino S

Fuelle Verte and then Vetiver 48, both by Creed
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

A bunch of my favorites (excluding vetivers)...

Futur
    Sous Le Vent
    Calamus
    Jardins De Kerylos
    Metal
    Gucci Nobile
    Eau De Cartier
    Carillon Pour Un Ange
    Bel Respiro
    L'Eau Guerriere
    Esencia Pour Homme
    No.19
    Baime
    Geranium Pour Monsieur
    Aube Pashmina

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Dior Granville. Lemon/thyme/pine goodness.

Another vote for Gucci Nobile, I also love Guerlain Vetiver and Infusion de Vetiver by Prada is looking like it's going to get a lot of play this summer..
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

The one category Creed wins easily. The greatest ever is WINDSOR (this is all kinds of green, surprised no one mentioned it) followed by selection verte, chevrefeuille and vetiver 48. GIT but I don't wear it. Feuille Verte is probably the most natural smelling one but not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    I have personally never smelled a greener fragrance than Tactics by Shiseido. It is difficult to find, but well worth the hunt.
    + 1.......... $42 @ Amazon.com

The visionary by the Gap, read my review here in basenotes.

Another green fragrance is Rouge by C Corinto

Also reviewed by me but still not showing up
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Grey Flannel - Unlike others, I find the reformulation to be pretty good, a nice smooth violet leaf and oakmoss combo with terrific lemon and some light spice. Truly green with all that moss.

Green Irish Tweed - Terrific green, to me closer to Grey Flannel than Cool Water, or perhaps the best of both those worlds in one scent. Full of violet and violet leaf. Deep, purplish-green scent.

Green Valley - I actually like this one a hair more than Green Irish Tweed. It's a little more "bitter" green, with a cool grassy top that moves into a pleasantly fruity ginger and ambergris.

Sung Homme - Must amend my review of this one here on BN. It's excellent if you like Irish Spring soap, which is the most common "green" deodorant soap here in the U.S. Sung Homme basically smells like a more complex perfume version of Irish Spring.

Silences - Pretty much the holy grail green so far for me, and you may or may not have a similar experience if you try it. But it's an amazing galbanum, iris, muguet, rose, and grass scent. The florals are never really "there" in your face, or too sweet, but are rather attenuated and simply add pastel dimension to this overwhelmingly green perfume. Get the one in the grey box with the title printed once on it in gold.

Tsar - considered a fougere, but frankly I'm beginning to find it to be more of a straight-up green scent. Excellent lavender, mosses, sparkly green notes with bittersweet dimensions. Truly a must.

Original Vetiver - Beautiful green scent in the same manner as Mugler Cologne, with much more dimension. Not much of a prominent vetiver note in there, though. Takes the bitter grassy effect of Green Valley and amplifies it, while stripping the bitterness a little. It's hard to top the smell, but I share the complaint of those who find its longevity lacking.

Sport Field - by Adidas. Kind of a poor man's Green Valley. Has a very similar construct of grass, ginger, pink fruity notes, and bitter citrus. Hard to beat for $15. Definitely better than its brand name suggests.

Portfolio Green - the only Perry Ellis frag I've tried, and it's nothing tremendous, but again a good budget green. Takes synthetic and very sweet citrus notes and a weird neroli and patchouli accord and makes it resemble a sweetened violet leaf. Olfactory illusions abound in this one.

1-12 - Halston's best imo. Lots of galbanum, lots of pine and herbal notes. I almost feel like there's too much galbanum in this one, it has a very "air-freshened" effect. But it's really good.

Aspen - better and greener than Cool Water, to which it's often compared. Another one that can be had for cheap. Nice dry minty pine sap scent. Not too sweet, either. Decent longevity, solid scent, definitely green.

Floris Limes - if you like this sort of thing, it's fleeting but my favorite lime, it's quite fresh and green and clean.

Bowling Green - comes in a close second to Grey Flannel for me. Nice citrus top, some sparkly herbs that darken into an odd green scent. It's fresh, and it's very masculine, and it's extremely green. Well ahead of its time.

Quorum - my summer green. smells like burnt September grass. Lots of other masculine notes, but this one is underrated.

Country Chic - if you can find it, get the EDT. Another one with similarities to Green Valley. Fresh, grassy, a little fruity, a little floral, with mentholated spices.

Mugler Cologne - the "original" Original Vetiver. Beautiful smell, but not nearly as dimensional as the Creed. More of a white musky drydown. Try OV first, and if you really like it but don't want to spend the cash, this one may appeal.

Horizon - by Guy Laroche. Nice minty aquatic fougere. Lots of green herbs, some pine, some moss, an excellent grapefruit top, and what smells to me like a lower-fidelity ambergris in the base, Creed style. Not aquatic in the contemporary sense, much more herbal.

Eau de Givenchy - I love this one. Glinting snowy green notes, muguet, hints of jasmine and rose, and bitter grasses throughout. A gussied-up Eau de Cologne.

Pleasures - similar to another Lauder, Intuition, but without its warmth. More green florals, but everything is bitter and unisex.

Green Water - I love the body wash, but I'm not keen on the fragrance. But it's just not my taste. You may feel differently about it. It's a classic. Bitter, minty green cologne with limited longevity and sillage, but well made.

Chevrefeuille Original - another ridiculously underrated Creed EDT. It's part of their EDT line, but it has EDP strength. Gorgeous grassy notes with a touch of something like fennel or anise, followed by a sweet but evergreen honeysuckle that never turns into a floral bomb. Lacks the predictable ambergris drydown. Should be at the top of my list, but if you've read this far you deserve Chevrefeuille Original.

Pino Silvestre - if you like the smell of pine, in a very non toilet cleaner style. Simple, crystalline, fresh, piney goodness. Hard to beat I think.

Patrick - by Fragrances of Ireland. One of the few niche lines that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Beautiful fougere in the tradition of Worth for men. Has a well blended pine note that smells great, and a good dried grass/hay accord in the heart and base.

Guerlain Vetiver - excellent citrus and vetiver, with a mild woodsy drydown. very classy green. good vetiver scent as well.

Nobile - by Gucci. Good powdery green fougere, with some similarities to Tsar. Not my favorite but it's a quality scent, very well made, and definitely green. Discontinued and a little hard to find at a good price, but worth it if you can grab a bottle.

Truth for Men - the only CK scent I've ever liked, second to Obsession for Men. It's a lovely green melon scent, but it does have bad sillage and longevity. It's forgivable though because the smell is so nice.

Polo - last but not least. Sure you've already tried it, but if not, it's a given.

Good luck!
    Wow! Now THIS is a NICE contribution! Congrats and Thanks!

Adding Bond "High Line" to the list. Green, unisex, pleasant.... one of the only Bond's I can deal with.

Man I'm a broken record...I swear I've said the same fragrance in a 10 different posts but I'd have to say Herba Fresca....I LOVE this frag!!

It may be The Different Company's De Bachmakov.

Mario Valentino's Ocean Rain deserves a mention in this thread. It's a little known, but excellent green scent created by Edmond Roudnitska. Too bad it's discontinued. If you find a bottle, jump on it!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

My favourite is Yang (Jacques Fath)

Kenzo pour homme: first green scent i enjoyed wearing.
    Joop! what about Adam: Green, you gonna smell like a tomato tree. It was extreme but very unique.
    Gucci Envy: a green winter scent.

Polo
    Bond No. 9 High Line
    Creed OV / Mugler Cologne
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Bond No. 9 High Line
    Creed OV
    These are two of my favorite green fragrances. I will eventually purchase a bottle of High Line, but since the SA's at Saks are always do nice to me, they gave me 5 samples of it, so it will last a while longer.

If you are a fan of High Line, it is a bit pricey, but you owe it to yourself to try the body wash. It is great.

Ginestra by Santa Maria Novella. Tied for my favourite green ever with Green Valley and Un Jardin en Mediterranee.

2 green cheapies - Lacoste Essential and Hugo XY

Polo Green, Eau de Campagne.

Creed Original Vetyver, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, and L'Occitane Eau du Badian.

Polo Modern Reserve

Git
    Pleasures
    OV
    Polo modern reserve
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?