Code of Conduct

Wink SOTD Sunday, 29 August 2010

Hooray! I survived the wedding! It was a lovely day and everyone seemes to have a nice time. The weather was beautiful, my daughter looked beautiful (my other daughter allowed us to heavily edit her maid of honor speech) and even the little ones behaved beautifully. Just the brunch tomorrow (really today) and I can relax, relax relax.

I wore Sa Majeste la Rose and my bridezilla wore D&G Sicily, which she wore when they met. Wild Maid of honor danced all night in Habanita.

Zibeline for brunch in the AM, I will feel like me again withouth the fancy schmancy hair, make-up and industrial strength undergarments...so who better to accompany me but my favorite Weil.

Weddings are serious work! (Wild maid of honor has sworn to elope...and avoid all the photographers and fuss)

Default Re: SOTD Sunday, 29 August 2010

It's good to hear that the wedding went well, Zibeline. Enjoy your new relaxed feeling! :-)

Basenotes Plus

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Calèche Eau Délicate
    de Hermès

Eau de Toilette

Zibeline, congratulations! Sounds like a grand day and in truth, I reckon I'd love to spend a night out dancing with your Wild Maid of Honour - she sounds like my kinda gal!

Chanel No 22 in extrait.
    I've been auditioning perfumes to wear to a cousin's wedding and I'm now certain this is The One. Talk about oozing class and style while remaining upbeat and delightful!

Right, excuse me, I must go make a clafoutis aux mirabelles - lunch guests are expected!
    Have a lovely day all. xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent - Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient.

Top notes: Grapefruit, Star Anise, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Fresh Ginger, Pepper, Nutmeg
    Base notes: Vetiver, Moroccan Amber, Sandalwood

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good afternoon!

Today I'm in Vetiver Oriental - Serge Lutens.

Happy Sunday

Zibeline congratulations on the lovely wedding
    You all smell wonderful today I wish i could wear Chanel 22 ( i so desperately want to have this !)
    My SOTD is J'Adore LEAU by Dior
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Soprano, welcome to Basenotes. Hope you can find our forums enjoyable!
    Zibeline, congratulations on the day you have survived!
    RHM, have a blast at your al fresco fine dining.
    Wordie, I love me some clafoutis (cherries, pears, or plums like in your case).
    Cello, glad you have discovered Bwah des Eel, it is a gem and Mlle's best, IMNSHO.
    Miss Tao, are you back yet? Impressions?

La Perla di La Perla for this working Sunday.

Good morning everyone Sotd is Tam Dao.

Hello everyone!

It seems I did catch a moment to check in before we leave for New York! Yesterday was a complete whirlwind but we're all packed and ready now and I actually have a bit of time to relax before the cab arrives....nice.

To me tennis always means Azuree so I'll have a big ol' decant of that with me, along with several other sunny day scents, but air-travel needs something a bit more subtle, so I'm in the glorious but soft-spoken Eau des Merveilles (waves to cello again! I'll be thinking of you!)

Zibeline - so glad everything went well - what a relief! Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of it!

Okay then, once again, y'all be healthy and happy, and I'll see you in two weeks!

XOXOXO!!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Today wearing Sensuous by Estee Lauder. Have a great day!

Spent most of last evening decanting for 5 packages...I still reak of everything! Don't you just hate it when the atomizer sprays everywhere? As a result, will not wear anything for now...
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Cinema for me this Sunday morning.

Congrats, zibeline, for surviving the wedding, and may your daughter 's marriage be blessed.
    The rest of you smell delightful, too!
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Guerlain's Mitsouko PdT. At once ablaze, mouldy, and tender, like sunny peaches and dun decomposing forest floor.

Basenotes Plus

Zibeline, congratulations on your daughter's wedding! Wishing the happy couple all the best. Beautiful fragrance choices made by all, to be sure.

Soprano, welcome to Basenotes! Vetiver Oriental is so yummy.

It's sunny, warmish and clear as a bell out there today. Annick Goutal's lovely, cheery Folavril seemed like the perfect thing to wear, so Folavril it is.

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I met up with our Canadian Professor Ody in London yesterday and we had a great time even though the plans I originally had were a bit ruined due to L'Artisan on Marylebone High Street either disappearing or me being blind and not finding it...

I'm wearing Bond No 9 New Haarlem from a bonbon. I've decided I like this even 'to wear'. I liked the smell originally (because it reminds me of a milky coffee served with a Finnish cinnamon bun) but I didn't think I could wear it. Guess I can! Turns out this is yet another scent I've taken a fancy to made by Maurice Roucel. He is my perfumer; clearly.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Parfumerie Generale Cuir Venenum.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Congratulations, Zibeline! How glorious, how satisfying to be on this relaxing side of the event.

I am wearing Fragonard parfum today.

Parfumerie Generale Intrigant Pachouley

Zibeline, your morning post has me smiling from ear to ear! Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

Nukapai - Maurice Roucel is truly one of my alltime faves as well! (tdem is a huge fan too!) Musc Ravageur, L de Lolita Lempicka, Tocade, Insolence, L'Instant, I believe he also had a hand ( or nose, as it were ) in Labdanum 18...the man is AMAZING! I'm also finding my self hooked on Bertrand Duchafour (sp?) and for today - Calice Becker. My SOTD is Prelude to Love...invitation, By Kilian. Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Datura Noir by Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Zibeline, your morning post has me smiling from ear to ear! Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

Nukapai - Maurice Roucel is truly one of my alltime faves as well! (tdem is a huge fan too!) Musc Ravageur, L de Lolita Lempicka, Tocade, Insolence, L'Instant, I believe he also had a hand ( or nose, as it were ) in Labdanum 18...the man is AMAZING! I'm also finding my self hooked on Bertrand Duchafour (sp?) and for today - Calice Becker. My SOTD is Prelude to Love...invitation, By Kilian. Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
    I don't like all of his creations (the briefs he's been given aren't to my taste, rather) - but Musc Ravageur = adore it, but would like it on a man not on me, used to wear 24 Faubourg, Ispahan, etc - and I own and loooooove L'instant Guerlain. I have a feeling New Haarlem may be making its way to my collection at some point.

happy is the bleu heart<3

It's been a busy weekend on call for the hospital so far ... I'm wearing Bond High Line today.

Zibeline, Congratulations! I'm glad all went well with the wedding. Better get that elopement promise in writing.

Blog Entries

Coromandel by Chanel.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE - Dioressence ... again!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling BSCENT by Gorilla Perfumes tonight. So THIS is how young French girls smell...
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good evening, fragrant friends! I'm enjoying the continued cool-ish weather here. SotD is Chergui from my little sample. I really must get a bottle of this one day!

Wordbird, I hope you saved me a piece of that plum clafoutis. Yum! :-)

MMMMM clafoutis!

When I get nervous everything tastes like straw and I don't eat....but now I feel like some dessert.

Well at least I will wear Kadota. Not a sugared fig confection, but delish

Congratulations Zibeline, I am glad everything went according to plan and that you had a good time at the wedding.

Today I wore Donna Karan's Gold
    Evenstar

L'Air du Temps this morning and then stopped by Macy's this afternoon and sprayed myself with Chanel Coco. I have got to get myself some of this!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk