Code of Conduct

Default Hermes Eau des Merveilles

I really like this fragrance and I would like to wear it myself. The fragrance itself is marketed as female and I think smells unisex more to the masculine side. I wonder if any of you guys wear it and how do you like it.
    Thanks
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Hermes Eau des Merveilles

It is OK, but I prefer Elixir des Merveilles.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I wear the EdP (elixir). Very nice fragrance and I prefer it to Body Kouros (they are similar).
    Yes, it's quite unisex if not more into the masculine gourmandy terrain.

they did not have the perfume version only Eau and I liked it a lot, now I must be a hold of a sample of Elixir (EDP). Very nice bottle design as well.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Eau des merveilles is one of my favorite scents for summer days, the smell is bright, clean, slightly woody and easy to wear. I like to wear Elixir des Merveilles at Winter, because to me it's more intense than the eau version and the smoky, woody, spicy base can hold itself well in winter days. I have Body Kouros too, but i don't see any relation between the two.
    The Parfum version has a incensy-liqueur side that i don't see neither in the eau nor in the elixir version. The strange is that the parfum version doesn't stay too long on me.

i bought elixer for an ex girlfriend and loved it on her...it smells fantastic, but i dont think that could pull it off at all...funny though, she didnt like it and acted very ungrateful, that is until everyone in her college classes started telling her how wonderful she smelled, boooyaaaa!!! haha, i have not tried the Eau, though I believe Mike Perez is a fan of it, right Mike?
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Banned

All 3 are wonderful. If you enjoy the Eau you will most likely enjoy the other two (now three). The Elixir is an edible semi-sweet version of the dry Eau. While the Eau can smell overly peppery at times, the parfum perfectly balances the ambergris-infused candied orange with 'dark' balsamic wood notes.

Own and love the first three. None of them are distinctly feminine or masculine, but androgynous. If you enjoy Eau des Merveilles, I see no reason not to wear it.

Well, actually, anyone reading this should be careful. Hermes Merveilles = castration in a bottle.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I own and have only smelt the Eau. I think it is a good unisex scent, as NEoTY26 has described. I really love the peppery orange as well as the ambergris accord. It blooms nicely with ambient or body heat.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Don't like it at all.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    ...I believe Mike Perez is a fan of it, right Mike?
    I am!

I have owned all three, Eau des Merveilles, Elixir des Merveilles (edp) and Parfum des Merveilles...oh and at one time I used to have a bottle of Eau des Merveilles shower gel (fantastic stuff!). All I have left is a tiny bit of the Parfum in my wardrobe...I've been wanting to replenish and get a bottle of the regular EdM (you can get is SO CHEAP online!) but I've been tempted by the 4th one...Eau Claire des Merveilles.

I can understand why some men think it smells feminine - lot's of women wear this one! I smell it on many women, here in Miami - thus the olfactory connection might link some guys to automatically thinking 'woman' when they smell it. Nonetheless, I don't care the least about this, and I wear it comfortably.

This is one scent you do not need to apply a lot, to get tons of sillage and longevity. Plus, it smells so good on sweaty skin, or when body heat rises. Perhaps my favorite ambergris prominent fragrance in my entire wardrobe.

I really like the Eau on my g/f, although she finds it slightly masculine (but does enjoy wearing it). I find it a bit too feminine for comfort. It's not the notes that smell feminine, per se, but the texture of them. It is so velvety smooth in a feminine way. That's also the one thing that reduces my interest in it - the texture is too monotone and I find myself growing bored with its development half way through the day.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I need your precious help people...

Do you have any idea if Eau Des Merveilles ever came out as an EDP.. Please don't be confused with Elixir..

Thank you all!

Oops I'm a woman and I think I've posted this on the wrong section

Quote Originally Posted by infinitive View Post

Do you have any idea if Eau Des Merveilles ever came out as an EDP.. Please don't be confused with Elixir..

Thank you all!

It's OK!You have posted in the right thread
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I have Elixir Des Merveilles and I definitely think it is Unisex. The only thing "fem" about it is the bottle, which isn't really even that much so. Enjoy it!
    I'm not your toy.

Basenotes Institution

Thank you all!

Eau des Merveilles was released as an EdP, and called Elixir des Merveilles. However, it is a slightly different scent than the EdT, so you might want to test it before you buy it. It has a unique chocolate / orange gourmand note, that makes it sweeter and yet still manages to retain the original salty ambergris feel of the original EdM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Eau des Merveilles was released as an EdP, and called Elixir des Merveilles. However, it is a slightly different scent than the EdT, so you might want to test it before you buy it. It has a unique chocolate / orange gourmand note, that makes it sweeter and yet still manages to retain the original salty ambergris feel of the original EdM.
    The chocolate orange gourmand note only last at the opening, then when it develops on the skin, after one hour, it`s very reminiscent of a spice wood male fragrance.

If there`s someone interested, there`s a seller on ebay selling the 30ml tester of the parfum des merveilles, which is the pure parfum version of the eau des merveilles, with more boozy and resinous aroma.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

I can understand why some men think it smells feminine - lot's of women wear this one! I smell it on many women, here in Miami - thus the olfactory connection might link some guys to automatically thinking 'woman' when they smell it. Nonetheless, I don't care the least about this, and I wear it comfortably.
    My sister is one of the female wearers of this one. Although is her signature fragrance, i`m always reminded of a male fragrance when she wear this one.

Thank you all!

Bumping this old thread.

infinitive's post included a picture of a bottle of Eau des Merveilles as Eau de Parfum, but everyone who talked about the eau de parfum refers to it as Elixir des Merveilles. I am wondering if the Eau de Merveilles EdP bottle (the bottle is fully coloured orange, just like Elixir des Merveilles) is not a proper release, or was Elixir des Merveilles originally released as Eau des Merveilles EdP?

Eau des Merveilles is great for summer. Unisex all the way.

Decent Fragrance