Code of Conduct

Default Where to get lots of cologne in small amounts?

Ideally, I would be able to post a thread on the wanted board asking for a decent sized collection of colognes that are only a few percent full. As a newcomer to this scented world, that seems like a good way for me to find some things I really like and are different - especially because I know a lot of pretty hardcore and knowledgeable collectors post to and sell on these boards. Any alternatives or suggestions? Thanks!

Default Re: Where to get lots of cologne in small amounts?

Try sampling. It's easy to get 1 ml vials of just about anything. You can usually get free samples at brick and mortar shops, and for a small price can order samples from Luckyscent, The Perfumed Court, Posh Peasant, etc. Often the perfume houses will also sell sample sets for a reasonable price to cover the cost of the vials, labor, postage, etc. Have fun trying everything!
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

You can get sample lots on Ebay for a relatively small investment, if you just want to try a lot of different things. There are many sellers who will offer multiple samples of a single fragrance, and others who will offer a selection of fragrances in one lot. I've gotten to try several things I wanted to this way. (And gotten 10-12 ml. of some things I really liked by winning the multiple-samples-of-one-fragrance auctions.)

I don't have experience (yet!) with Luckyscent, but The Perfumed Court has so many things I still want to try. They are more expensive, but reputable. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your journey!
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I have a feeling that plenty of BNers have all kinds of things that would work for you. Just check the sales and swap boards. My list alone is quite impressive, if I may say so myself. LOL.

Seriously, a lot of it depends upon how much work you are willing to do versus how much money you are willing to spend. If money is not an issue, you can just get a huge number of samples from a site like TPC. If you'd rather work and spend less, hit those BN sales and swap boards !

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Elly View Post
    Try sampling. It's easy to get 1 ml vials of just about anything. You can usually get free samples at brick and mortar shops, and for a small price can order samples from Luckyscent, The Perfumed Court, Posh Peasant, etc. Often the perfume houses will also sell sample sets for a reasonable price to cover the cost of the vials, labor, postage, etc. Have fun trying everything!
    Agreed.

Sampling, check Basenotes for sale threads, also http://flacon.ambaric.net/
    Yoiu've then got sites mentioned above and other's such as First in Fragrance and Essenza Nobile

You can also start swapping on MUA. This is how I have managed to hoard a few hundred samples (ehm...).